PDA

View Full Version : Lowering Carbs

sicko281
09-18-2005, 05:57 AM
Hello

I would like to ask whether is a good choice introducing-increasing glutamine-creatine supplementation while lowering some of the carbs while bulking. I do not mean cut all the carbs but just lowering.

getfit
09-18-2005, 06:05 AM
exactly how is your diet looking like now?

sicko281
09-18-2005, 06:33 AM
9.00 am egg whites+oats+20 g whey

10.00am 4-5grams creatine-10 grams dextrose-argirine-taurine

workout

11.00am iso whey+2-3 creatine+ 70-80 carbs white rice +sodium+potassium

12.30 am beans+fish

14.30 am chicken+rice

16.45 am whey protein +oats

19.00 am chicken+rice

21.00 am fish/chicken/beef +low rice +salad

24.00 am 30grams whey with 1-2teaspoon olive oil.

I started this 20th of August. Never used creatine and was a good surprise.i am 21. I was 6-7% when started bulking.My diet consisted only with 20% of carbohydrates. I have been working out for years though but I want to bulk and I noticed a great amount of strength and lifting increasing of 1.5 in 2-3 weeks. My bicep/tricep has grown 1.5 cm bigger and my testosterone levels gone increased (done blood test since my testosterone and sodium was extremely low). Fat is has been kept to a minimum ,just some water weight.I feel 200 % better. Carbs 55% Protein 35% fats 15%..

getfit
09-18-2005, 06:37 AM
i'd add some veggies to your diet and more healthy fats

natty pb
nuts
avocado
olive oil
egg yolks
etc...

Shankerr
09-18-2005, 09:17 AM
Hello

I would like to ask whether is a good choice introducing-increasing glutamine-creatine supplementation while lowering some of the carbs while bulking. I do not mean cut all the carbs but just lowering.

As far as I'm concerned, its always a good idea to introduce some glutamine and creatine. Especially while bulking. Just out of curiosity, what was your logic for wanting to lower your carbs while bulking? Theres a tonne of benefits to adding carbs while bulking...

sicko281
09-18-2005, 02:53 PM
As far as I'm concerned, its always a good idea to introduce some glutamine and creatine. Especially while bulking. Just out of curiosity, what was your logic for wanting to lower your carbs while bulking? Theres a tonne of benefits to adding carbs while bulking...

my logic was wrong :)
i will keep my clean carbs since i see a hell of improvement

Shankerr
09-18-2005, 03:13 PM
Good choice man. You might consider adding some yams (sweet potatoes) into your carb package as well. They're a tasty way to add some low and mid GI carbs to your day. I make them two ways, one is just to microwave the entire yam for like 10 mins, and peel it out.. The other is t o cut it into "french fries" and bake them, under a spray of Pam for about 35 mins. Tastes good :)

Shao-LiN
09-18-2005, 03:31 PM
I don't think added glutamine supplementation is worthwhile during a bulk. If anything, you get quite a bit just drinking your whey shake. There may be benefits during a cut, but nothing more than anecdotal evidence supports it at this point.

Shankerr
09-18-2005, 03:34 PM
Yeah, but it doesn't hurt, adding in extra aminos at any point helps, especially for people that train extra hard. Just depends on how much money you have to invest in your body

Built
09-18-2005, 04:43 PM
I'm with Shao-LiN on the glutamine front - on a bulk, you're going to get in so much glutamine in your food anyway, it's not worth the expense.

Spend the money on food.

On a cut, there MAY be some small benefit to taking LOTS of glutamine. But I'm talking 30+ g daily.

sicko281
09-18-2005, 08:00 PM
well ok , I do not purchase an extra glutamine because of my high carbohydrate consumption....
ALthough my creatine stack has 4 grams of creatine (malate,ester etc) , 3 grams argirine, 1 gram glutamine, 2 grams taurine....taking twice a day now....

Yams are considered low-medium gi??I thought generaly potatoes were high in GI...

Shao-LiN
09-18-2005, 08:16 PM
That's what makes sweet potatoes so great. Yummy.

Shankerr
09-18-2005, 09:55 PM
haha yeah, like Shao-LiN said, just consider yams magically delicious ;)

Seriously man, try them out as a staple of your carb intake if you haven't already. If nothing else, its a nice change for malto. shakes and rice and oats, haha.