PDA

View Full Version : Bulking Maintenance

sicko281
09-18-2005, 06:10 AM
Hello,

Let's say someone bulks for a period of 2-3 months. He gains some muscle and a bit of fat after following a 3000 calorie per day. When maintenance comes, can someone keep the muscle and lose some(!) of the fat by just lowering the total calorie?Not the the extreme cutting but losing fat while following the same weight training program routine (that includes 1-2 cardio of 20 min per week, and 5 days weights One group per day (except bicep tricep),sunday off.

Something I have never Understood though is how can even a gram of fat be burnt if someone never cardios but just lowers his total calorie. I believe it but can someone explain it to me? How can the fat tissue (again not talking extreme) been dropped/burnt out from your system by just reducing some of the calorie intake and not forcing it to burn by running/cardio,

ShockBoxer
09-18-2005, 08:11 AM
Because your heart, lungs, brain, nervous system, muscles at casual work, liver, intestinal tract ... everything ... burns calories just for being alive. The heavier or more muscular you are (or both) the more these systems need to burn to do for you what they do for a 7 year old child.

Shankerr
09-18-2005, 09:10 AM
Exactally...

And to answer the above question, you can drop a bit of tonnage by lowerig your calorie intake.. What works for me though, is to decrease my carbohydrate intake and increase my protein intake so that the kCal's are around the same. Hit soem cardio, and just burn off a little tiny bit. If you want to lose more than like 5 or 10lbs (depending on how big you are) thwn you'll have to drop cals.