PDA

View Full Version : How is this meal

accuFLEX
09-19-2005, 09:55 AM
I found this new meal. Its really good...in terms of taste. Just not sure on the nutrition part

1 cup of cooked WHITE rice (half cup uncooked)
2 eggs
1/2 cup of frozen corn

I cook the rice then put everything in a pan and fry it all together (no oil or anything). Somethimes ill lower everything and add a cut up chicken brest in there.

Im trying to cut. This meal fills me up and is really easy to make

Thoughts?

malkore
09-19-2005, 10:00 AM
not enough protein in 2 eggs...you should just always add that cut up chicken to bring protein to at least 20g, though with your weight, I'd go for 30g of protein at every meal.

brown rice not white rice (more fiber in brown, and lower GI)

HILL
09-19-2005, 10:01 AM
it is a good meal depending on when you have it and if you need everything in it. thats probs about 40g carbs 15/20p and 10 or below in the fat on rough estamate. for me there is not enough protein as i aim for 300+g a day but depending on what your aiming for it a good meal especially with chicken. i could only have t near my training time as this is were i base my carbs

accuFLEX
09-19-2005, 10:05 AM
problem with brown rice is it takes forever to cook. like 40 to 45min

i eat this meal around noon and around 6pm

as for protein...i get about 30g's in the morning....70 in the afternoon and another 50 during supper until 8. so i get about 150gs a day which is fine for me.

HILL
09-19-2005, 10:46 AM
as far as im aware brown rice doesnt take that long the stuff i get about 15 mins and you weigh 203 pounds as a rule of thumb you should aim for 1g of protein for every pound of bodyweight

malkore
09-19-2005, 02:42 PM
sounds like you're using instant white rice...which is even crappier than normal cooking white rice (pretty much stripped of nutritional value)

Unreal
09-19-2005, 02:44 PM
Cook a few cups at a time and store it in the fridge.

Personally I would skip the corn as its pretty high in sugars as far as veggies go. I would use a green veggie such as spinach, green beans, brocolli, etc.

basix
09-19-2005, 06:40 PM
About the brown rice, I think you can get different sizes in the grains so that would affect the cooking time, I get medium grain and it only takes 25 minutes.

But aside from that you should just cook a whole bunch once a week and keep it in the fridge in a big container, and just microwave it in small amounts when you want to eat it.