PDA

View Full Version : Mass burritos.

dw06wu
09-19-2005, 12:28 PM
This one is for the bulking college student or guy who hates taking the time to cook. One hour making this huge vat lasts me between 3-5 days. To give an example of how much I eat, I just had four of these burritos for lunch (~.75lb/ea).

While I was eating, I figured some WBBers who don't like to spend time cooking would enjoy the burritos. These are great for a college student bulking while living in a dorm, sine you only have to use the cooking facilities once every couple days. *Not recommended for cutting.

Tortillas - Obviously, we are making burritos. I like the huge flour ones, since they hold more burrito mix.

Rice - 1 Large box (I used uncle bens 7cup box) - you need 3.5 cups uncooked for one preparation, so make sure you get enough

Gnd beef or other meat - I like 90% lean gnd beef. I use 2.5-3lbs. A more normal portion might be 2lbs. Gotta have my meat.

Black beans - 1 avg sized can

Sweet corn - 1 avg sized can

Diced tomatoes - I like the spicy ones, again 1 avg sized can

Jalapenos - 1 jar. These are optional. Half the jar will add a slight kick to them. The full jar will make them spicy.

Mexican cheese - 1 bag (just kraft or whatever)

Green onions

Cilantro

Salsa/hot sauce

1) Get a large pot. Add 3.5 cups of rice, and 3.5 cups of water. Heat it up, and when it starts boiling, remove it from the heat source and cover. It usually starts boiling after like 3-5 minutes (pretty quick), so be careful.

2) While that's going on, cut up your greens and drain the beans, corn, tomatoes, and jalapenos.

3) Brown the meat & drain the fat.

4) The rice should have sat for like 5-10 minutes off the heat by now. It should be fluffy, so uncover it and mix it up a little to make sure it's all even.

5) Mix in the beef, corn, tomatoes, beans, jalapenos, onions, cilantro and cheese in the large pot with the rice in it. Mix everything up really well.

6) You can heat up your tortilla in the microwave, 8-10 seconds should do it if you got the really big ones.

These are super high in calories, great for bulking, and very good tasting. The key is the sweet corn. You can now add a bunch of spices and stuff to your liking, but you don't need to use any for it to taste good.

I haven't done the math on caloric amount, but it wouldn't be too hard to figure it out if you sat down for a minute with a calculator. It depends highly on how many scoops of burrito mix you put in each one.

Again, this lasts me 3-5 days on an eat all bulk. Someone on a more conservative 3k-4k bulk might last 7+ days. It's great because all you gotta do once it's made is heat it up in the microwave. :micro:

edit: its also sweet ass drunk food
edit2: upon inspection this actually only lasts me 2 days. But, that is eating them at breakfast lunch and dinner and nothing else. As I said, I hate cooking and I eat whatever I got until it's gone. To up the amount, add more rice and get the BIG cans of everything. And two or three things of green onions, instead of just one. Meat should be good.

Davidelmo
10-15-2005, 02:14 PM
Sounds very good! Gotta try this tomorrow!

What are the nutritional stats approx?

dw06wu
11-01-2005, 12:12 AM
Sounds very good! Gotta try this tomorrow!

What are the nutritional stats approx?
Lol, never checked that. I would make some huge ass burritos, probably 600-900 cals or so each. It really depends on how big you make the burrito and how much cheese you add. If you wanted to track cals, just add up everything together. Divide your total there by how many days it lasts you and just put an equal amount in for every day.