PDA

View Full Version : Bulking, but with unusual circumstances

GCD1
09-19-2005, 02:07 PM
Hello,

I am trying to bulk up a bit. I am just over 6 feet tall, and 156 pounds. I was a bit over 160 but then I started working out and it seems like I have shaved off a few pounds in exchange for some definition. No big deal, but I need to bulk up, as I think I still look very skinny.

Anyway, I have been researching bulking options and foods that I can eat throughout the day to assist with that.

One of the big problems is that I cannot eat chicken, turkey, or eggs. I've only ever met one other person in my life who was also, like me, allergic to these foods, but the fact is that I am and I cannot eat them!

Almost every example bulking diet that I look at contains those foods, and sometimes in great amounts. So I need to find replacements for what seems like staples of the bulking diet (chicken especially).

I realize that I can eat other things, but the problem is that I'm afraid I will get "burnt out" on certain foods if I am eating them every single day.

I work in an office, and I have some flexibility as far as bringing in foods to eat. But there's not much room in the refridgerator. So, I am looking for some suggestions as far as food that I could either bring or buy for lunch.

How is roast beef, for example? If I got a roast beef sandwich, on whole wheat, with american cheese and lettuce, would that be good, bad, or okay?

I read before someone suggested gyro meat as something that was good. There's a cafe nearby that sells gyro sandwiches.

For natural peanut butter sandwiches, is it okay to use standard grape jelly?

getfit
09-19-2005, 02:33 PM
you can eat tuna no?

fish?
lean beef?

natty pb is good yes!

olive oil?

HILL
09-19-2005, 02:36 PM
im with getfit, although it may cost you extra as beef is more expensive. if i eat a packet of frying steak my mam brings in it has i think 100g protein in the pack. tuna is good, sausage, Pork, and whey protein powder and loads of milk

malkore
09-19-2005, 02:39 PM
if you are allergic to eggs, read the labels on protein powders. many good ones will also contain egg albumin (egg whites), so you'll have to avoid those. ON brand has it, as does the Nitrean advertised on this site.

EAS's Myopro should be egg free though.

GCD1
09-19-2005, 02:42 PM
Tuna, fish, natural peanut butter are fine. I'll try to get more lean beef in there, as well.

I think it will be hard to find ways to prepare beef and fish at work, though.

I thought sausage and pork were no-nos?

malkore
09-19-2005, 02:45 PM
pork tenderloin is actually very low fat, as are many pork chops (but high in sodium)

sausage in moderation is acceptable on a bulk esp. in your situation.

cook your food in advance, carry it around in Gladware (or similar cheap tupperware) and just nuke it at work. That's what I do. Soooo much easier to cook 5 chicken breasts at once, and eat em over 3 days. same with steaming rice...do a half package/whole package at a time, and it'll keep in the fridge for 4-5 days, or you can freeze your meals for even longer.