PDA

View Full Version : Protein Bar Recipe! Yuumm!

New_Sport
09-22-2005, 01:50 PM
Here is a protein bar:

1 cup of Quaker Dry Oatmeal
3 egg whites
2 cups of applesauce (no sugar added kind)
1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
4 tablespoons of natural peanut butter
8 servings of plain or vanilla protein powder.
Raisins optional

Mix all together, pour on to Pam Sprayed (greased) cookie sheet and roll out into a square.

pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F, bake for 18-20 minutes.

Cut them in 8 servings.

Cal: 278
Protein 31 grams (based off of using Isopure Scoops)
Fat: 6
Carbs: 23

Got these off another board. Mmm. They're good.

mrwalken
09-22-2005, 02:30 PM
Here is a protein bar:

1 cup of Quaker Dry Oatmeal
3 egg whites
2 cups of applesauce (no sugar added kind)
1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
4 tablespoons of natural peanut butter
8 servings of plain or vanilla protein powder.
Raisins optional

Mix all together, pour on to Pam Sprayed (greased) cookie sheet and roll out into a square.

pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F, bake for 18-20 minutes.

Cut them in 8 servings.

Cal: 278
Protein 31 grams (based off of using Isopure Scoops)
Fat: 6
Carbs: 23

Got these off another board. Mmm. They're good.

mmmm liking that they are all-natural, and i like those stats. Gonna give these a shot, thanks!

getfit
09-22-2005, 04:22 PM
those sound pretty awesome!

New_Sport
09-22-2005, 05:17 PM
They really are, I made a batch with strawberry whey too. Theyre great

getfit
09-22-2005, 05:18 PM
i don't have strawberry whey i have vanilla i'll try them this wknd :)

mrwalken
09-25-2005, 01:05 PM
I tried these with chocolate whey. The batter tasted really good, but they ended up kinda try and bland. Seemed like they needed honey or chocolate chips or something.

Vita
12-09-2005, 02:14 PM
thanks for sharing. i think i'm going to have to make these to replace granola bars i've been eating for a snack. not too many more calories, but way more protein and carbs! :evillaugh

kad
12-09-2005, 02:56 PM
Thanks, I'll have to try those sometime.

SpecialK
12-10-2005, 10:21 AM
The only problem I see there is that heating whey protein denatures it, so basically all of the whey you are putting in there is being wasted if you bake it.

greathuskie
01-15-2006, 04:15 PM
The only problem I see there is that heating whey protein denatures it, so basically all of the whey you are putting in there is being wasted if you bake it.

have any evidence or anything to support this? not that i dont believe you, ive just never heard of something like that, and well you know :)

greathuskie
01-15-2006, 04:18 PM
http://www.evolutionhealth.com/WheyProtien/faqs.htm

nm i found one, so basically any whey protein you put in bars that need to be cooked is wasted protein?

Slim Schaedle
01-28-2006, 09:07 AM
I'm not sure I would regard that writing as evidence. I already found one error in that they claim protein cannot be renatured once denatured. Christian Afinson showed that this is possible with the renaturation of Ribonuclese A (inactive) into Ribonuclease A (active). Not that this relates directly to the dietary topic at hand, but it does show that this article has errors.

Further, it takes an extreme amount of heat to completely denature a protein. (actually, heat, pH, changing the solvent and addition of heavy metals denatures the secondary, tertiary, and quaternary structures) That article mentions denaturing the tertiary structure. The actual amino acid sequence of the protein determines the primary stucture. So with that still intact, you still have the aminos you are seaking.

Vapor Trails or The Gimp may be able to add something to this.

SW
01-28-2006, 09:13 AM
Why not just chill them, like nobake cookies if denatureing is a problem?

Myke
02-01-2006, 01:32 PM
Chilled cookies aren't as convenient, seeing as they don't really stay in bar form for too long after taken from the fridge. Definately going to give these bars a try probally tonight. Most likely with chocolate whey, I'll let you guys know how they turn out.

So, by using a blender on relatively high speed for about 30 seconds I'm not harming my whey protein? (unlike what the article was getting at?)

Roark
02-01-2006, 04:35 PM
okay

i just made these

um, sorry...........thumbs down

maybe some raisins would have added something, but they tasted like cardboard

i'd like my 8 servings of whey and 4 servings of natty pb back please