PDA

View Full Version : When I ask my mom to buy me Whole Milk, she says: "No! It's going to kill you!"

fixationdarknes
09-22-2005, 05:25 PM
She's speaking about the fat content of the milk, and she says that it will clog my arteries and kill me. She thinks the fat in the milk is bad for you and she refuses to buy it for me. I told her that fat isn't "bad for you" like the general public thinks, but that it's actually good for you. And Whole Milk would help me get more calories in, and in turn help me do better on my bulk.

How can I tell her that she's basically wrong and that Whole Milk isn't bad for you? Every time I've tried just telling her, she starts screaming and yelling and telling me that I'm so stupid for wanting to drink Whole Milk because it's so bad for you. :bang:

Wow, I can't wait to get out of the house so I can start buying my own food.

getfit
09-22-2005, 05:27 PM
oh dear! i think your mom needs to read up on our diet/ nutrition threads

fixationdarknes
09-22-2005, 05:38 PM
lol. Seriously. I don't know what to do with her. She never listens to anything I say.

getfit
09-22-2005, 05:41 PM
fix can you buy your own food?

Built
09-22-2005, 05:46 PM
Just use more butter on everything. It's the same fat.

fixationdarknes
09-22-2005, 05:49 PM
GF- I could buy my own food, but it would cost me money. And I have no job.

Built- Really? I didn't know that.

Built
09-22-2005, 05:51 PM
Butterfat is butterfat.

How much milk do you drink daily, fix?

fixationdarknes
09-22-2005, 05:58 PM
Usually half a gallon a day, or a little less.

Built
09-22-2005, 06:06 PM
Okay, well, if this means about 8 cups of milk, each cup of whole milk has about 8g of fat in it. 8 cups of milk has about 64g of butterfat in it.

A half a cup of butter has 184g of fat, so about a third of a cup of butter will give you the same butterfat as 8 cups of milk.

That's about 5 tablespoons.

Tony H
09-22-2005, 06:08 PM
Just be glad she's buying you milk at all and make up the calories elsewhere. Sometimes you have to let the parent be the parent, even if you do know more about something than they do. 2% milk won't kill you.

If you think your parents are bad, try explaining things like this to most grandparents. They'll believe that breakfast is important and everyone should eat a big breakfast because it confirms what they have always believed.

Beyond that they'll either smile and nod with that look that means they don't believe a word of it, or they'll tell you some story about how strong and healthy a distant relative of yours was despite eating nothing but green beans...ever.

RickTheDestroyer
09-22-2005, 06:11 PM
Here's what you do, Lil' Fix:

You look her straight in the eyes and say "Shut the **** up bitch, now GO BUY ME SOME GODDAMN WHOLE MILK!" and then slap her in the face.

...I may have been watching too much Maury and Jerry. :)

Seriously though, if she'll at least let you drink 2%, you'll be fine. Use more butter like built said, drown your food in olive oil too. There's a fake butter called "smart balance" that I put on EVERYTHING, but you're a growing youngun and the real butter won't hurt you too bad.

antor
09-22-2005, 06:28 PM
Each tablespoon of vegetable oil contains 14 grams of fat

How about substituting skimmed milk instead of full fat milk and taking a few spoon fulls of oil ?

anyone know which oil would best?

Built
09-22-2005, 06:30 PM
anyone know which oil would best?

Butter.

bigedge
09-22-2005, 07:04 PM
do some g00gling and find some research that states whole milk is good for you

smalls
09-22-2005, 08:36 PM

Trust me, your going to miss it. Personally I say it's better to just respect your moms opinion, drink whatever milk she is nice enough to buy you and then drink more olive oil.

Sometimes it's easier to not argue and just move on, especially when parents are involved.

Manveet
09-23-2005, 08:47 AM
I agree with smalls.

Drink whatever milk you can get your hands on.

Use olive oil sparingly.

Anthony
09-23-2005, 08:51 AM
NEVER complain about free food! :p

muscleup
09-23-2005, 10:30 AM
Shoplift...
...just don't get caught
And if you do get caught, just tell the cops "My mom wont buy me whole milk, and i'm trying to get Huuuuge like Ronnie Coleman"
Throw in something about Ronnie being a cop and he would understand.

Spartan936
09-23-2005, 11:45 PM
In the immortal words of Homer J. Simpson:

"Butter up that bacon, boy! Butter it..."

spencerjrus
09-24-2005, 01:20 PM
Tell your mom I have been drinking 2 gallons of whole milk a day for the past 7 months and I am perfectly healthy. (other than being too skinny obviously...)

Mission
09-24-2005, 01:35 PM
Whole milk is delicious. 2% milk will get you big just fine though.

jack_of_all
09-24-2005, 01:44 PM
She's speaking about the fat content of the milk, and she says that it will clog my arteries and kill me. She thinks the fat in the milk is bad for you and she refuses to buy it for me. I told her that fat isn't "bad for you" like the general public thinks, but that it's actually good for you. And Whole Milk would help me get more calories in, and in turn help me do better on my bulk.

How can I tell her that she's basically wrong and that Whole Milk isn't bad for you? Every time I've tried just telling her, she starts screaming and yelling and telling me that I'm so stupid for wanting to drink Whole Milk because it's so bad for you. :bang:

just tell her to stfu and squat!

i doubt your gonna convince her, but if you can, try make the compromise of 2%.