PDA

View Full Version : Mother of a cheat day

ShockBoxer
09-23-2005, 01:50 PM
Any estimates as to how many calories there are in an 8 inch diameter wheel of garlic bread with cheese? (missing a two inch diameter hole in the middle).

I'm guessing 1200 to 1800. Hoping not much more than 2-3k.

This steakhouse's bread is to die for. It's my favorite food but since I've been cutting I haven't had it for almost 10 weeks.

As an aside ... guess who's lost five pounds in the past two weeks? 8 weeks of nothing according to the scale and then five gone in a flash. I think I stopped adding newbie lean muscle mass. I've burned enough fat to tell that I'm a LOT bigger in a lot of places. Everyone is noticing and I feel great.

So I don't care if there's 4000 calories. I crave the bread. Just nice to at least ballpark it...

HILL
09-23-2005, 01:56 PM
when cutting cheat meals are not a bad thing as they can keep you sane and stop you crashing and nibbling little bits. I havnt had a proper cheat day in about 6 weeks but i have had cheat meals which i incorporate into my daily allowance

getfit
09-23-2005, 02:11 PM
i wouldn't worry about it that much.

I agree with hill's post.

ShockBoxer
09-23-2005, 03:33 PM
Oh, I'm not worried about it that much. I cheat meal all the time. I'm not exactly hardcore with my diet... I just try and get my macros and keep sodium and saturated down to reasonable levels and let caloric defecit handle the rest. I just don't like completely bombing over maintenance often... so I don't.

Mostly, I'm just curious as to how much an entire wheel of garlic cheese bread (got to be the same mass as a loaf of bread easy) bombs things: WWI cannon-balls with fuses dropped from aircraft by hand or 100 megaton nuclear winter bringer.

My diet is blown this weekend anyways. I foolishly allowed myself to be roped into going with my girl to some wake-a-thon for breast cancer. A good cause but I haven't been up for 24+ hours straight for years. I have no idea what they're planning to feed us but it can't be healthy... :bash:

[[[----]]]
09-23-2005, 07:40 PM
Man, I just pigged out on some koko's japanese! It was awesome! Whole buncha grilled chicken, steak, vegetables and rice............wow i feel sick.

ryuage
09-23-2005, 08:41 PM
you rebel you.

zimbo
09-23-2005, 09:13 PM
I'm guessing you're looking at around 1000 calories.

--Steve

Unreal
09-23-2005, 09:48 PM
When I cheat, I cheat. Was on day 10 of a low cal cut. Low carb, very low cal, etc. Couldn't even sleep last night cause my stomach was rumbling. I was HUNGRY. So at 4 in the morning I deemed today a cheat day.

Todays diet
4am, 1 cup cottage cheese
6am, 1.5 cup oats, 1 scoop whey
12am, large dairy queen Blizzard
3pm Cheesecake factory, pasta, chicken, bread, slice of cheesecake
5-7, 6 Bruggers Bagels, tub of cream cheese, 1/4-1/2 cup of natty PB
9, 1 pint blue bell ice cream, 3 large white chocolate chip cookies

Throughout the day some almonds, 3-4 scoops of whey, little snacking. Finally after the icecream do I feel like I'm satisfied and not still hungry. At the grocery store abit ago I was buying nothing but the icecream and cookies, and some chick asked me what it was for. Told her I'm on a diet, and this is my dinner. She looked at me strange and walked away. Ohh well.

Y0yo
09-24-2005, 12:46 AM
Do most the members here include what they eat on their cheat days (If they have them) in their journals. I'm on a cut right now, and it's hard but I haven't had the craving for anything in particular. I just want a few more calories is all...but I know eventually I'll be wanting the stuff I can't have.

Built
09-24-2005, 01:07 AM
I actually try to document as best I can my cheats, although I have to guess at a lot of things like ethnic foods (butter chicken and naan? Dimsum?)

I like to have an idea of just how much I can eat if I don't pay attention.

And, of course, I like to see what worked and what didn't.