PDA

View Full Version : Cutting and injuries

cosmicdebree88
09-25-2005, 02:31 PM
Basically, I have never really done a full out "cutting" phase. I've pretty much always just let things even out with bulking followed by a little recomposition. However, recently I've found that I'm just gaining too much fat along with the muscle that I'm putting on. So, I decided to do a slow cut. So far I've kept my protein/fat intake about the same but cut about 400-500 cals per day to about 2800 from about 3300. The fat is beginning to come off nicely and my strength has either stayed the same or risen in certain areas. However, recently it seems that I'm getting injured an awful lot. First my calf spasmed out for about two days. Then the tendon in my tricep/elbow started to hurt. Now something in my back is starting to hurt (not sure what it is exactly...). In the past I have hardly had ANY injuries except for a tendonitis in my forearm a while back. So, I'm thinking that some of these injuries could be related to my decreased caloric intake. Is there any merit to this? I do push myself pretty hard when I'm lifting despite being on a cut. I have not changed my routine at all since the start of my cut either. As of now I'm taking a week off to try to heal myself up a little because everything just seems to hurt...

rookies
09-25-2005, 11:25 PM
it might be a coincident or it just might be the fact that you have a low lvl of energy than usual in the gym, causing you to be a little unfocus// little tired

Shark
09-26-2005, 12:22 AM
I always get hurt when I start cutting. Check out ETS from Atlargenutrition.com. I swear it makes all the difference for me when it comes to easing the pain of a cut.