PDA

View Full Version : ugh am I eating enough?

Pasha
09-27-2005, 06:32 PM
Going on a 16 week bulk.

It's hard for me to calculate the calories even with Fitday journal. I was hoping someone here could gimme a rough estimate and good ideas on how to gain more calories. I'm finding it harder and harder to eat the quantity of food I think I am supposed to.

Typically this is what I eat:

Breakfast:

4 boiled eggs (whole)
bowl of cereal

lunch:
Foot long turkey sandwhich with mayo lettuce, tomato etc...
apple

2nd lunch:
large lean chicken breast with rice (maybe 2 cups? idk it was a lot)

dinner:
same as 2nd lunch
protein shake (55g protein)

how do I get more calories? Any ideas about foods etc..? something a 17 yearold student who lives alone can cook.

Jorge Sanchez
09-27-2005, 06:36 PM
Are you gaining weight? If not you aren't getting enough calories. You get more calories by eating more. You've been here for a while so I'm sure you know about the "what a bodybuilder eats" sticky.

getfit
09-27-2005, 06:37 PM
add veggies to your diet,fats

CarlP
09-27-2005, 07:23 PM
Ok, we've got the appetizer covered, where's the rest of the food?

Unreal
09-27-2005, 07:33 PM
On a bulk, that is like one meal.

Take what you eat now, and triple it. Add some nuts, olive oil, and fats. Add some green veggies. Add some more protein.

Pasha
09-27-2005, 08:32 PM
i ate 3 large chicken breasts with rice! how do u people fit all that in your stomachs. It's only been 1 week since i started ;) so i didnt check if i gained weight. but yea im gonna add peanuts. i eat a lot of veggies and fruits ( namely bananas, apples, broccholi (sp?) and green beans/string). I also eat a lot of salmon i alternate between chicken and salmon everyother day

idk ill check if i gained weight in another 2 weeks.

Jorge Sanchez
09-27-2005, 08:34 PM
I find chicken too filling to eat alot of. It's a great protein source, but on it's own it's not very calorie dense.

Pasha
09-28-2005, 05:31 PM
That's a big problem for me too because chicken and rice just fill me up and I feel like puking if I have to eat any more.

I instituted veggies, salads, I still need mroe calories. About 4800 cals. How the hell am I going to do this???

Scottyboy
09-28-2005, 06:03 PM
If you eat more meals and spread out your food a little bit more you might be able to convince your body to eat more. 4 meals a day isn't very much. Instead of stuffing yourself until you are about to explode try just eating until your are "full" and you should get hungry a lot sooner, which may allow you to eat more. Also, your stomach adapts so if you just keep eating more than you are used to your stomach should adapt to that. I used to be able to eat a whole pizza in one sitting, now I can barely handle over 600 cals per meal.