PDA

View Full Version : The zigzag diet, anyone has tried it?

rookies
09-28-2005, 06:58 AM
I'm referring to
http://www.drsquat.com/index.cfm?action=viewarticle&articleID=58

This kind of diet where you maintain 500 cal deficit five days a week and then bulk in during the weekend, or you bulk 5 days a week and then cut during the weekend.

Anyone has experience with it ?
I plan on following it after I finish my cutting cycle, it seems to fit with the idea of slow clean bulk I want after my cutting.

ericg
09-28-2005, 08:00 AM
There are some people on the Dr Squat boards that have tried it and seem to have some degree of success.

Manveet
09-28-2005, 01:14 PM
It could work just fine.

The thing about dieting for 5 days, and then bulking (ie cheating) for 2 is that you will only be in a moderate surplus for that entire week (as long as you dont go too overboard on the weekend).

You would experience the same/similar results if you just maintained a modest calorie surplus over those 7 days.

ReelBigFish
09-28-2005, 01:54 PM
yeah It's all about calories in v.s. calories out. If at the end of the week your calories don't equal enough for you to gain weight, you won't. Simple as that. Best way to do something like this I guess If you're trying to minimize fat gains, it eat less on days you aren't as active and more on the other. So on work out days eat 750 over maint. and on days you do nothing only eat 250 over. Don't know if there is scientific proof that it works but hey, give it a shot. When you "zig zag" your calories it's harder for your body to adapt and cause metabolism slowing.

HardToSquat
09-29-2005, 09:33 AM
I used the zig zag diet from Dr Squat on my last cut and I lost 35 pounds and 4 inches off my waist in six months without loosing any strength.

squat it all!
09-29-2005, 11:14 AM
i'm using a modified version of it (shorter zigs and zags), and i'm steadily losing weight. my clothes fit better, and i look better in the mirror, and yesterday i PR'ed in three different excercises, so i'm happy with the results.

Shark
09-29-2005, 12:18 PM
It could work just fine.

The thing about dieting for 5 days, and then bulking (ie cheating) for 2 is that you will only be in a moderate surplus for that entire week (as long as you dont go too overboard on the weekend).

You would experience the same/similar results if you just maintained a modest calorie surplus over those 7 days.
:withstupi Manveet is exactly right.

the doc
09-29-2005, 01:04 PM
sounds like it could work. give it a try and let us know how it works!

rookies
09-30-2005, 01:29 AM
I will go with it from november.
Still on my last month of cutting =D

spencerjrus
09-30-2005, 02:07 PM
I was really disapointed after opening this thread. The name is false advertising imo.

squat it all!
09-30-2005, 02:12 PM
I was really disapointed after opening this thread. The name is false advertising imo.

why false advertising?

rookies
09-30-2005, 11:34 PM

disappointed? :confused:
what did you expect to see in here?

spencerjrus
10-01-2005, 12:53 AM
disappointed? :confused:
what did you expect to see in here?

http://web.ukonline.co.uk/arcadia.bell/zigzag/b09_3c6.jpg