PDA

View Full Version : Need some help

kej85
09-28-2005, 08:37 PM
Heya guys...i need some help makeing a diet and i know you guys can help. I'm currently 5'8 and weighing in at 220 lbs. I'm training to compete in mixed martial arts and need to find a diet to cut weight but still maintain my muscle mass. I have no clue what i can eat to do this so any help would be appriated. I have been takeing in large amounts of protein and low carbs so try and get my muscle mass up, then i stoped training, and got fat. Any help makeing a diet to cut some serious weight would be awsome. I have lots of protein shakes and other supliments so help a brother out...thanks guys

drew
09-28-2005, 09:24 PM
Read the sticky "What a Bodybuilder eats" at the top of the Diet forum.

Aside from that, you'll probably need to take in extra calories since your workouts are probably very intense (I know a few MMA guys). You'll have to experiment and see what works for you. I'd suggest starting with about 3000 cals a day for a couple weeks and see where your weight goes. If you're not losing any weight, drop about 250 cals/day each week until you're losing 1/2 - 1 lb per week. You'll have to lose the weight very slowly if you want to maintain muscle.

Built
09-28-2005, 09:55 PM
Have you tracked on www.fitday.com at all?

Start there. Post up what your typical day looks like, we can take it from there. K?