PDA

View Full Version : Does everybody gain fat on a bulk, or do soem of us get lucky?

Invain
09-29-2005, 08:09 PM
I've always been really fit and in shape. I never had to worry about what I ate, and pretty much had a horrible diet. I ate 3 good meals a day, but between them I snack constantly on junk. During the summers I sat around and barely ever did anything, besides work, (my job wasn't very laborous though), and I still never had an ounce of fat on my body. I've been lifting for a year now, and about 5 weeks ago I found this site, (thank to god), and drastically changed my diet. I've cut out all pop and candy, as well as other junk like potatoe chips, etc... I know that while on a bulk you can expect to gain at least some fat. I'm taking in a lot more calories, although it is all from good healthy foods, such as eggs, natty pb, lots of milk, oats, fruit, etc, but I'm still worried about fat. In the last 5 weeks I've gained 10 lbs, after factoring in a couple lb fluxuation in a day, and I haven't noticed any fat yet. I'm just afraid of gaining some, I've never had much fat at all, and I don't think I could stand gaining some. As long as I really watch my diet, do you guys think I can still keep making nice gains in lean muscle and keep the fat down to a minimum? Or should I give it more time and see how I'm coming?

Spartan936
09-29-2005, 09:06 PM
Moniter the amount of calories you're taking in. If you're gaining weight and strength, and not a whole lot of fat, then you're golden.

Jorge Sanchez
09-29-2005, 09:16 PM
You will gain fat. But if you're careful and lucky you can keep it to a minimum.

tigo
09-30-2005, 01:08 AM
as long as youre getting bigger and stronger i would say its all good.. you'll jsut ahve less of acut afterwards