PDA

View Full Version : Where to get Natty PB??

saleen281
09-29-2005, 10:26 PM
I went to safeway tonite and could not find natty pb anywhere...What brand do you guys get and where do you get it?

Unreal
09-29-2005, 10:31 PM
Any grocery store I've been in has it. Costco, walmart, and other places also sell it. Health food stores will have it for sure.

Built
09-29-2005, 11:19 PM
IGA sells it. Safeway too.

I get Adams crunchy, salted. Mmmmmmmm...

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
09-29-2005, 11:35 PM
Every grocery store I've been to, including Safeway, has had Natty PB. I hope you're not literally looking for "Natty" Peanut Butter...I hope you're looking for the word "Natural".

And I get the Smucker's brand natural creamy peanut butter. I love that stuff!!

tigo
09-30-2005, 01:07 AM
yeah safeway has it i get mine there its called Laura Scutters All Natural CRUNCHY Peanut Butter :P

rhett2go
09-30-2005, 05:16 AM
Every grocery store I've been to, including Safeway, has had Natty PB. I hope you're not literally looking for "Natty" Peanut Butter...I hope you're looking for the word "Natural".

And I get the Smucker's brand natural creamy peanut butter. I love that stuff!!

LOL.. when i first started in these forums i went looking for "Natty" pb. :cry: thought is was a brand of pb. the Smuckers is the best i have found. it has a better consistancy than the Kroger brand i have now.

make sure you stir it real good to get the peanut oil mixed in and refrigerate it. the fridge makes it a little thicker and keeps the oil from rising to the top again.

CarlP
09-30-2005, 11:53 AM
LOL.. when i first started in these forums i went looking for "Natty" pb. :cry: thought is was a brand of pb. the Smuckers is the best i have found. it has a better consistancy than the Kroger brand i have now.

make sure you stir it real good to get the peanut oil mixed in and refrigerate it. the fridge makes it a little thicker and keeps the oil from rising to the top again.

I tried one jar of Kroger brand, it sucks compared to Smuckers.

lifter4life
09-30-2005, 12:21 PM
trader joes, you can get unsalted or salted for like 1.56 a jar =O. i dunno if you have trader joes there but i live in washington

saleen281
09-30-2005, 04:16 PM
Well I went back to safeway and I got Adams organic crunchy peanut butter.. It is pretty good but damn is it hard to spread. I also noticed it has 16g of fat per 2 tsp. Its probably just me but that seems kinda high? How many sandwiches do you guys usually eat per day while bulking?

tigo
09-30-2005, 05:41 PM
its good fat though.. can't answer your question though since i havnt been on a bulk yet

DannyboyXJ
09-30-2005, 06:16 PM
I get it at all grocery stores; even WalMart has it...

I usually buy Smuckers since the others like Peter Pan or whatever "say" Natural but still have little odds and ends added to them... (wtf)

--Dan.

Invain
09-30-2005, 09:20 PM
I'm eating Smucker's Natural creamy as I speak; with a spoon right outta the jar. Only way to eat it...

Built
09-30-2005, 10:44 PM
Well I went back to safeway and I got Adams organic crunchy peanut butter.. It is pretty good but damn is it hard to spread. I also noticed it has 16g of fat per 2 tsp. Its probably just me but that seems kinda high?

Correct.

That's why we eat it. Natural peanut butter is a fat source.

Why did you THINK we ate it?

;)

PoutineEh
10-01-2005, 08:23 PM
trader joes, you can get unsalted or salted for like 1.56 a jar =O. i dunno if you have trader joes there but i live in washington

before i came up to university of michigan, back home had a trader joes where i bought my first jar of natty pb. bought 3 jars of it to bring up here and ill probably be finished with the third one in 2 or 3 weeks... natural pb is sooo much better than "regular" and after reading all over this message board about how some fats ie pb are good to eat, so now i can scarf down pb w/o a guilty conscience...

Unreal
10-01-2005, 08:50 PM
Costco had it again. Last time I was there they were out. Its maranatha brand organic natty PB. $6.99 for two 26oz jars. Best tasty natty I've tried, and cheap.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
10-01-2005, 09:02 PM
Um...mmmmkay. I just bought a new jar of PB but forgot to put it in the fridge so I just ate some regular peanut butter. After eating natty PB for a while I've now come to realize that regular tastes like ****ING ****! OMG! I couldn't believe my taste buds when I went back to normal peanut butter. I almost barfed. I can't even imagine going back to the regular crap now. It's almost like you can taste the crappiness.

Built
10-01-2005, 09:46 PM
It tastes waxy, doesn't it? Totally weird.

And I used to LOVE the sh!t. Kraft crunchy. Can't hold a candle to my Adams crunchy.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
10-01-2005, 09:49 PM
It tastes waxy, doesn't it? Totally weird.Yeah...the consistency is nauseating.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
10-01-2005, 10:24 PM
No you shouldn't change it, but whenever you choose that image, people feel it's necessary to make the same stale comments over and over again. But your body looks beautiful in that pic, nonetheless.

dissipate
10-01-2005, 11:04 PM
Well I went back to safeway and I got Adams organic crunchy peanut butter..
did it have a layer of oil floating on top?

spencerjrus
10-02-2005, 12:33 AM
did it have a layer of oil floating on top?

You can pretty much guarantee yes because he explicitly said organic.

No you shouldn't change it, but whenever you choose that image, people feel it's necessary to make the same stale comments over and over again. But your body looks beautiful in that pic, nonetheless.

We are very simple minded creatures, what do you expect.

ShadyRensch
10-03-2005, 10:31 PM
I bought some at Cub Foods today. 100% Real-Natural Peanut Butter. I think that's what it's called. Good stuff.

minn0_lee
10-04-2005, 04:28 PM
I get "Laura Scudders" at Fyr's, you can go to Whole foods or Wild oats also to get it or other brands.

lifter4life
12-05-2005, 03:12 PM
You can pretty much guarantee yes because he explicitly said organic.

We are very simple minded creatures, what do you expect.

i have actually had organic peanut butter that didn't have the layer of oil on the top. sorry to bring back an old thread but I was wondering if there was any difference between organic vs natty