PDA

View Full Version : Todays Food Intake - Enough to bulk?

implinet
09-30-2005, 05:12 PM
Hey Guys,

I'm just looking into starting a bulk, would just like some feedback as to what I have eaten today.

I know I should count my calorie intake, But I just want to know if I am on the right track with my foods.

Morning - 1 Cups Oats, Full Fat Milk, 1 Scoop Whey, Banana

Mid Morning - Banana

Lunch - 3 Chicken and Salad sandwiches

Lunch/Tea - 200g Natty Yogurt, banana

Tea - Large Jacket Potato, 250g Veg, 1 Can tuna

Supper - 200g Natty yogurt, 1 tblsp honey, 1 PB sandwich

Regards

Anthony
09-30-2005, 05:16 PM
I know I should count my calorie intake

If you know, why don't you do it? The info you gave us is basically useless.

1) www.fitday.com - make an account
2) enter your foods into fitday for 1-2 weeks to determine your maintenance calories
3) increase those calories by 10-15% until you start gaining at the rate you want

If you are looking for input on how many carbs/protein/fats to eat, post your results from fitday and we'll help you tweak it from there.

implinet
09-30-2005, 05:32 PM
Thanks for the reply Anthony, I'll look into that.

Just one more thing, When I work out a bulking diet to suit me.

Say for example I decide to include 2-3 PB sandwiches a day, Which I hear PB is good for bulking, I wouldn't see excess amounts of fat being added would I? Will PB still help gain muscle mass (as apose to pure "fat", As I know my BF% will increase too), eaten with other foods and of course, with a heavy training routine?

Regards

tigo
09-30-2005, 05:39 PM
no you i doubt you would.. depends on how much fat youre eating a day too.. should be at least 0.5g/lb of lbm i believe and tahts for a cut so you should be fine unless youre like eating a jar a day

^duno if that made sense

Anthony
09-30-2005, 05:41 PM

Say for example I decide to include 2-3 PB sandwiches a day, Which I hear PB is good for bulking, I wouldn't see excess amounts of fat being added would I? Will PB still help gain muscle mass (as apose to pure "fat", As I know my BF% will increase too), eaten with other foods and of course, with a heavy training routine?

Regards

Stop thinking about individual meals and think about the big picture. 3 PB sandwiches *might* fit into your plan, but we'll never know if we don't see the rest of it. So start using fitday to record things and then post it here. It's really the best way to get the answers you are looking for.

spencerjrus
10-01-2005, 12:56 AM

Regards

For someone as inexperienced as yourself operate under the assumption that the macronutrient breakdown of your food is irrelevant, just eat more calories and make sure you get 1.5x your BW in protein. (grams)