PDA

View Full Version : Custard? Cheesecake Pudding? Crème fraîche?

Built
09-30-2005, 08:22 PM
I really don't know what to call this, and it's so simple, I'm astonished I haven't done it before, but ... it's amazing.

Food process lowfat cottage cheese with splenda and a little bit of brown sugar-twin, and vanilla.

It comes out like this totally amazing, smooth, spreadable creamcheese-like substance.

I've spread it on my protein waffles, and it's great.

Remarkable with a few berries or any other fruit, and if you can afford the calories, a few pecans, almonds or any other nut you might fancy.

I can't stop eating it.

I've done it with a little of the fruit blended in (thawed frozen strawberries and or blueberries, so far), and also with a little grated lemon peel. Also wonderful.

It's also nice with a little cardamom and cinnamon blended in. You could try that with applesauce.

And I'm fairly certain you could blend in chocolate protein powder and a little water to make it chocolate. I tried vanilla protein powder, but it was nasty. I'm hugely fond of rich chocolate flavour ON, and I'm quite certain it would work well.

ryuage
09-30-2005, 08:36 PM
i usually do that with splenda and some sf davinci syrup... usually choc or banana or something, anything really and then just use a hand blender till smooth and maybe chill in the freezer for 30 minutes or so... and definitely not with ff cc haha 2% for me :)

getfit
10-01-2005, 06:20 AM
that sounds awesome, will try it once i get back home