PDA

View Full Version : diet/time suggestions

senor fusion
10-01-2005, 12:52 PM
Hey everyone, I have a few problems with my workout routine. I am in the middle of cutting at about 17% BF (6 ft. 175 lbs.-yes i am pretty skinny/fat) Lacrosse practice starts up this week every monday,tues, wed. and thurs. Should I just bulk up for the rest of the season (even though i want to finish cutting) because our practices are very intense and most likely very catabolic. And with the 2300 cals a day I eat, I think that much muscle would be lost.
Also I have a time issue. I eat at 6, 9, 12, and usually 3 oclock (school ends at 245). That means Id have to scarf down a meal and immediatley start excersizing at practice. It ends at 5:30, and I would like to go straight to the gym, but I will have to go home and eat a PWO meal. So, any suggestions, should I really clean bulk even though I have an undesired amount of fat, or continue cutting.

My workout will most likely have to be as followed:

monday-practice
tues-practice-shoulders/traps
wed-practice
thurs-practice
friday-back/tris
saturday-legs/calves/abs
sunday- chest/bis

I would like to have more rest between those 3 days of working out, but It is much easier for me to workout on the weekends and non-practice days. Please comment and help me with my dilemma(s). Thanks alot!

Built
10-01-2005, 01:53 PM
Have a shake before practice. Whey digests quickly. Keep a dry shake in a cup ready to go in your backpack.

Why not just eat maintenance cals for a while? See what happens, then decide if you need to add more calories.

spencerjrus
10-01-2005, 03:48 PM
I am dumb in real life.

Manveet
10-01-2005, 05:45 PM
Have a shake before practice. Whey digests quickly. Keep a dry shake in a cup ready to go in your backpack.

Why not just eat maintenance cals for a while? See what happens, then decide if you need to add more calories.

This would be an intelligent approach.

Whey shakes and some powerade would be great between practices and lifting.

senor fusion
10-02-2005, 03:17 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. So a shake before practice (could i throw in carbs for energy?), and carbs+shake after before I lift. I decided I will eat at maintenance and see how it goes and then most likely bulk till April. We'll see how this works, thanks again.

Built
10-02-2005, 03:19 PM
Yes, toss in the carbs for the pre-practice shake. You can experiment with different kinds of carbs - either malto/dex, OR something a little slower, like powdered oats. Or both?

Good luck!

senor fusion
10-02-2005, 07:29 PM
thanks again built. One last q. If im workin my way up to 3000 cals should i add 150 eevry week until i reach my designated amount of cals? Just need to make sure, thanks.

Built
10-02-2005, 07:32 PM
It's a good idea to increase slowly. You basically want to think of it as compound interest - as your body grows muscle, you'll have more and more muscle to feed.

Have fun!