PDA

View Full Version : Help with my diet, needs more variety

Cheatz
10-02-2005, 03:14 AM
I'm starting to workout and I have now compiled a diet for my bulking up phase.

I weigh 71kg (156 lbs) and I should be eating 3042 calories daily.

Here's my diet thus far:

Meal 1)

1 Myoplex
1.5 tablespoon Udo’s

Totals:

Calories: 498
Protein: 42g
Carbs: 25g
Fat: 23g

Meal 2)

1 Myoplex
1 Precision Protein
1 Tablespoon Udo’s
1 Ultra Fuel

Totals:

Calories: 932
Protein: 62g
Carbs: 127g
Fat: 17g

Meal 3)

6oz (18g) Chicken Breast
1.5 cup brown rice

Totals:

Calories: 537
Protein: 54g
Carbs: 69g
Fat: 9g

Meal 4)

2 Precision Protein
3 Eggs

Totals:

Calories: 425
Protein: 58g
Carbs: 7g
Fat: 17g

Meal 5)

6 oz. (18g) Chicken Breast
1 cup of veggies

Totals:

Calories: 260
Protein: 50g
Carbs: 5g
Fat: 7g

Meal 6)

2 Precision Protein
1.5 tablespoon Udo’s

Totals:

Calories: 398
Protein: 40g
Carbs: 4g
Fat: 23g
--------------
Daily Total:

Calories: 3,050
Protein: 306g
Carbs: 237g
Fats: 96g

I got this from Anthony Ellis' preset diet and it needs more variety. The ratio is 40/30/30 (protein/carbs/fats).

getfit
10-02-2005, 05:13 AM
welcome to the board.

have a look in the diet/nutrition forum "best threads of diet and nutrition"

Meatplow
10-02-2005, 09:00 AM
All you eat is chicken, and protein powders/MRPs pretty much.

Wouldn't hurt to throw in some lean beef in place of the chicken. Use less powders, replace it with cottage cheese at least for your last meal of the day.

Salmon, tilapia, and cod are also good replacements for the chicken once in a while.

Unreal
10-02-2005, 11:33 AM
Eggs, cottage cheese, red meat, fish, nuts, milk,

I don'y know what udos is, but it looks like you don't even get any real food till meal 3. Try getting some solid food for breakfast.

spencerjrus
10-02-2005, 12:15 PM
Eggs, cottage cheese, red meat, fish, nuts, milk,

I don'y know what udos is, but it looks like you don't even get any real food till meal 3. Try getting some solid food for breakfast.

Udo's is pretty much the best oil supplement out there.

I have to say I disagree with all of the above posts, in my opinion there is no need to eat 'real' food to become big. As people like BCC can attest to, you can attain very impressive physiques with very unconventional diets. That being said, I think you need more healthy fats in your diet. 96g seems paltry.

Unreal
10-02-2005, 12:27 PM
Well, if he wants more variety, besides maybe switching brands of shakes for some, I think real food is his only option.

Built
10-02-2005, 12:44 PM
I'm actually going to respectfully disagree about Udos. I'm pretty careful to avoid consuming a balanced oil. Of omega 3, 6 and 9, the only one not already in my regular diet in sufficient quantities is omega 3, so I eat walnuts, fish, and take fish oil. Consuming a balaced oil is really only a good idea if it's your only fat source.

96g of fat is sufficient (min should be 0.5g/lb LBM), but don't be afraid to take it higher. The "ratio" approach is pretty much meaningless when it comes to diet. You're better off thinking of the macronutrients in terms of LBM-dependent doses.

Now, how about some more green veggies, maybe some fruit, nuts and cottage cheese instead of all that protein powder and udos? Also, perhaps some oats in there, maybe some yams... and you don't get in nearly enough saturated animal fat. Saturated animal fat is important for testosterone production. Unless you're on a cycle?

spencerjrus
10-02-2005, 05:49 PM
I'm actually going to respectfully disagree about Udos. I'm pretty careful to avoid consuming a balanced oil. Of omega 3, 6 and 9, the only one not already in my regular diet in sufficient quantities is omega 3, so I eat walnuts, fish, and take fish oil. Consuming a balaced oil is really only a good idea if it's your only fat source.

I can see your point, for people like me though, it's definetley helpful. I'm also much lazier when it comes to diet than yourself though. I think it really varies alot on the individual.

Built
10-02-2005, 06:50 PM
You have to know yourself. If you're planning to exist off protein powder, egg whites, broccoli, oats and chicken breast, then yes, use Udos.

Cheatz
10-03-2005, 01:29 AM
Like I said, I only got this from anthony ellis' diet according to my weight. I havn't started the diet but I know it needs more solid foods. The problem is I'm not sure what is are some substitutes to replace some of the meals, with the same nutritional values. Also what is the recommended amount of (healthy) fats and what are some examples of healthy fats?

Built
10-03-2005, 01:30 AM
0.5g fat per pound LBM is a good minumum.

Natural peanut butter, olive oil, egg yolks and animal fat (in small amounts), nuts, avocados, coconut oil...

tigo
10-05-2005, 12:54 AM
beef jerkey and almonds haha
turkey...
sashimi (raw fish) ifyou like that stuff