PDA

View Full Version : My first pic. What should i work on?

weightliftguy
10-02-2005, 01:26 PM
Well here is my first pics here. I had some before pics but i think i deleted them on accident if i fine i will post. Right now im about 167 Lbs. What do you guys think i should work on. LOL besided my ams.

weightliftguy
10-02-2005, 01:30 PM
any thoughs would be appreciated!

Built
10-02-2005, 01:35 PM
shoulders, lats... how are the wheels? What's your diet like?

weightliftguy
10-02-2005, 01:49 PM
Thanks for the reply built. Heres the best pic i could get of my legs. I haven't been working them out yet because i was very out of shape when i started training again. So i guess for not working them out they aren't that bad, but i need to start back. I have a good foundation though because of soccer. My lats suck but i can get my shoulders to grwo pretty good, just need to focuse more on them.

Built
10-02-2005, 01:50 PM
Legs have a good shape, but they need size.

Why would you wait to start working legs? Legs are what will get you back into shape the fastest!

What routine are you working with?

weightliftguy
10-02-2005, 02:13 PM
Yeah i plan on starting legs soon. Lately i have been working on my arms and chest twice a week and everything else once. For the past two weeks i have been doing back twice a week also and working in shoulders when i can. I try to switch up reps.

My workout looks something like this.

Monday: ARMS
Overhead french press
Cable pushdowns
Rope Pushdown
Seated dumbell Curls
preacher curls
Reverse grip cable curls

Tuesday: BACK and Shoulders
T bar Rows
Lat pulldown to fron
Lat pulldown behind the neck
Cable Rows.
Overhead Dumbell Milatary Press
Lateral Raises.

Wendseday: CHEST
Bench Press I have a special workout where i do just seven sets with different reps and weights
Cable Cross overs

Thursday: ARMS
Super set 1 Incline curls and french press
Super set 2 Pushdowns and straigh bar cable curls
Super set 3 Rope pushdowns with curl bar grip cable curls

Friday OFF

Saturday CHEST and Shouldrs
Bench 3 set x 10 reps
Incline Dumbell Presses
Cable Crossovers.
Milatary Press barbell
Upright rows
Laterial Raises

Sunday Off

*usually i do 3 reps for each with somewhere between 8-12 reps i try to switch that up. Any suggestions?

Built
10-02-2005, 02:20 PM
Okay, too much arm work. Arms don't need their own day.

I am NOT seeing deadlifts, squats, or chins.

These three movements will do more for your physique than anything else.

The best arms I've seen on guys have been on guys who do little or no direct arm work.

So that's how I train.

I do maybe 6 sets of bicep work, and 6 sets of tricep work in a week. But chins, deads, and squats are the mainstays of my routine.

Ditch the crossovers. Do something else for concentration. Maybe bench, flyes, and dumbbell press, some of these flat, some of these incline?

How about dips? Hits chest and tris really well.

eastbaylifter
10-02-2005, 02:27 PM
Built's right (as usual)...you need to include legs in your routine. At this point I recommend not focusing on one body part but doing a well-rounded, full body routine. Also, get rid of behind-the-neck lat pulldowns, throw in a rear delt exercise, replace your 2nd arms day with legs (you're over training the arms), and likewise only do shoulders once a week.

Buffster
10-02-2005, 02:54 PM
I agree on most things with Built, one thing I disagree on though is dropping the cable cross-overs. In my opinion that's a great isolation exercise for the pects, so I would suggest to do them in combination with compound exercises. In general, just focus on compound exercises, that's what makes you grow, not pussy exercises like kickbacks.

greetz,
Ron

weightliftguy
10-02-2005, 02:56 PM
Thanks for all the feedback. I have mad alot of progress since may if i can find my pic from before i will post it.

jkirkpatrick
10-02-2005, 08:43 PM
The best arms I've seen on guys have been on guys who do little or no direct arm work.

Very true. My strength has gone up a fair bit in just over a month using WWB #1. For arms specifically, (as this was pointed out that you are overtraining them) I'm up ~20% on biceps and ~14% on triceps (strength wise).

It's a good program with less "attention" to direct arm work, and it works. I suggest you look into this routine.

Built
10-02-2005, 09:09 PM
I like flat and dumbbell flyes and dumbbell presses for isolation work far better than cable crossovers.

But hey, if it's working for you, do 'em. I do NOT argue with success.

:)

Buffster
10-03-2005, 12:39 AM
Nahh it doesn't work, my chest wouldn't grow unless I implanted some synthol :cry: :D

Built
10-03-2005, 12:45 AM
Friends don't let friends do synthol.

weightliftguy
10-03-2005, 10:11 AM
I am a little confused because even though i might have been working on my arms to much i don't think i was overtraining because my arms have been growing. Are you trying to say they will grow more with less work. I don't know if i can agree with that because my arms are growing more than they were with 1 day a week workout. My friend told me about working out specific muscle groups more than once a week to get 112 growth phases instead of 56. So are you saying im focusing on arms to much because from my understanding overtraining would cause decreased muscle mass and strength. Is this just a terminology issue?
Also what would be good for my back and legs? As far as workout if im going to work out arms once a week i need a good workout for legs and back.

Built
10-03-2005, 10:13 AM
Look at my split. It's been very effective for me.

weightliftguy
10-03-2005, 10:33 AM
Thanks fro the advice. Judging by your pics it has been more than effective for you because with a body like that there is no way you can be 42. You look better than most women my age(24)..

Built
10-03-2005, 10:39 AM
Well, thanks.

The reason I've liked my split so much is that it hits legs twice a week (quads heavy, hams light; hams heavy, quads light), back twice a week, bis directly once and indirectly with back, tris directly once, indirectly with chest, calves on upper body days so they're not an add-on to an already-heavy leg day, and there's basically periodization built right into it.

It's been the best split arrangement I've ever used. I return to it again and again. You don't even really need to leave it - just change the specific exercises, loading parameters, order...

rhett2go
10-06-2005, 01:55 PM
definately work on the body hair.....wax, duct tape or something. :cool:

minn0_lee
10-06-2005, 03:04 PM
Looking good, just need to drop some body fat and build up the deltoids.

sublime99
10-07-2005, 09:35 AM
SHAVE! the hair we would be able to tell alot more

Delts need work, and wheels are definetly lagging, what about your back?

Guido
10-07-2005, 03:18 PM
That's quite a man mane you've got on your chest there. Don't listen to those others. A naked chest is for WOMEN.

weightliftguy
10-23-2005, 04:09 PM
A couple of questions:

1 Do you think i should go on a bulk cycle?

2 If so how long should i stay on it before i start cutting for the summer?

3 Also what would be good for building up my delts

Also here are some pics of my back. Yes i know it sucks but im working on it.

rookiebldr
10-23-2005, 07:03 PM
I think you're doing great. Winter's a great time to bulk cause it's easier to hide the fat you will get. You can start your cut when you either feel you are too fat or March when you will have time to cut for summer. Do some big compound movements and give yourself some time to grow. Good work, dude.

CarlP
10-23-2005, 09:16 PM
I am a little confused because even though i might have been working on my arms to much i don't think i was overtraining because my arms have been growing. Are you trying to say they will grow more with less work. I don't know if i can agree with that because my arms are growing more than they were with 1 day a week workout. My friend told me about working out specific muscle groups more than once a week to get 112 growth phases instead of 56. So are you saying im focusing on arms to much because from my understanding overtraining would cause decreased muscle mass and strength. Is this just a terminology issue?
Also what would be good for my back and legs? As far as workout if im going to work out arms once a week i need a good workout for legs and back.
Where are you getting those numbers? A full body routine like WBB #1 has plenty of arm work, some direct, and some indirect through chest and back exercises. You should look into it.

weightliftguy
11-19-2005, 03:08 PM
Well here are my new pics from a little over a month. Can anyone see any noticable changes. I figure someone who doesn't see me everyday could see more of the differences if any?

weightliftguy
11-19-2005, 04:54 PM
i was trying to show my shoulders but it doesn't really happen. lol. You can see my pathetic traps im working on.

Bob
11-19-2005, 06:58 PM
Good progress WLG...
I would say if you tried bulking some more.. and continue with your WO pace, you should be able to add some bulk in the right areas...

Stumprrp
11-20-2005, 05:00 AM
keep working, ditch the arm work for a full back day, i started doing new back work outs and my lats and bis are crying.

good luck!

weightliftguy
11-20-2005, 04:37 PM
thanks for the help

weightliftguy
02-01-2006, 12:47 PM
Well i got some new pics guys. I think im making some progress but im not sure can yall see any difference in my previous pics and these I am weighing in at 172 right now and im benching 205. My squat for some reason is really good and i can do alot. i did 245 x 25 and then did 255 x 14 after that and that was after my warm up sets. Any opnions would be greatly appreaciated.

big_poppa
02-01-2006, 09:00 PM
Dude, you seriously need to work on everything, don't try to fool yourself. Anyway, you do look a little leaner in the recent pics. Gotta tell it like it is, I wouldn't even think you workout at all if I saw you on the street.

Bohizzle
02-01-2006, 09:28 PM
Dude, you seriously need to work on everything, don't try to fool yourself. Anyway, you do look a little leaner in the recent pics. Gotta tell it like it is, I wouldn't even think you workout at all if I saw you on the street.
Why are u such a dick? in every post i've seen of yours (all 11 of them, mind you), you are putting the op down. i realize being honest is good, but being an ******* is not. How bout giving some constructive criticism instead of just being a dick?

Andrew

ps. to the OP - you're looking leaner and with a little added muscle mass, keep doing what ur doing.

Built
02-01-2006, 09:31 PM
OP - concentrate on your back. Your arms will tag along for the ride.

Keep up the good work!

big_poppa
02-01-2006, 09:42 PM
Dude I'm not meaning to come off like an a**. It gives people motivation sometimes to work harder. If someone really does look good, then I'll say it. If they don't then I'll let them know that too. I mean come on no one here is blind. If I don't think someones physique looks good then I know that the majority of others are thinking the same thing.

Bohizzle
02-01-2006, 09:57 PM
I understand what ur saying. However, instead of saying stuff like "Gotta tell it like it is, I wouldn't even think you workout at all if I saw you on the street", try saying something that might actually help the OP like "OP - concentrate on your back. Your arms will tag along for the ride." - Built or just as an example - "Work your lats harder and try adding some mass to ur traps". Instead of just putting him down, tell him what he should work on.

Andrew

Ruffian
02-02-2006, 08:46 AM
I can see some progress in your shoulders, although your upper back could use more work. Going in the right direction though!

weightliftguy
02-08-2006, 01:30 PM
Why are u such a dick? in every post i've seen of yours (all 11 of them, mind you), you are putting the op down. i realize being honest is good, but being an ******* is not. How bout giving some constructive criticism instead of just being a dick?

Andrew

ps. to the OP - you're looking leaner and with a little added muscle mass, keep doing what ur doing.

Thanks alot man thats good to hear because i have went from 167lbs - 172 lbs between the pics. But i guess it makes sense because my lifts are going up as well but i wasn't sure if my weight looked like fat or muscle. Thanks again.

TwiloMike
02-08-2006, 01:59 PM
There's a very noticeable difference between the old pics and the new pics in fat content. You've leaned out a lot and that's great. That your weight went up in the process means you've gained some muscle. Keep doing what you are doing and you'll love it.

chris6969
02-10-2006, 01:23 PM
I can see the progress.... you look a little leaner... and you took the lame coral necklace off!! yay!

work out hard, diet, shave chest & keep the coral necklace off.... and you'll look better in no time. :)

Meat_Head
02-11-2006, 12:03 PM
Pretty good progress, but IMO it looks like there are likely serious priority problems in your training... What percentage of the time you spend in the gym is training legs? How about back?