PDA

View Full Version : Laxity begets heresy: Atrox's Journal

Atrox Mortis
10-03-2005, 10:21 PM
Ok, now starts the journey down that long hard road to get big and get healthy again. I've spent too much time eating bad, lifting bad, and generally feeling bad. I think it's time for a change.

I'm planning on posting workouts and keeping track of measurements, maxes, and bf% in this thread. I welcome any encouragement/comments/criticism/nuggets of wisdom you all have to offer ;)

First, Current stats:
DOB: October 3, 1981
Hometown: Fort Collins, CO
Height: 5' 8"
Weight: 212
BF Measurements:

Right Tri: 3.5mm
Right Bi: 2mm
Right hip: 16mm
Back: 12mm
Interp. BF %: ~13.5

Current (ghetto sled, probably wrong) measurements:
Right arm: 16" flexed, 14 3/4" cold
Left arm: 15 7/8" flexed, 14 1/2" cold
Chest: 44 1/2" flexed, full air
Waist: 36"
Right thigh: 24 1/2" flexed
Left thigh: 23 3/4" flexed
Right Calf: 16 1/2" flexed
Left Calf: 16" flexed

Maxes:
Bench: ~250lbs*
Squat: ~315lbs*
Deadlift: ~ 315lbs*

Goals:

Measurements:
Arms: 19" flexed
Chest: 46" - 48" flexed
Waist: 32" - 33"
Weight: 210 - 220, but with less bodyfat.

Maxes:
Bench: 315lbs
Squat: 460 lbs
Deadlift: 460lbs

Today's workout:
Legs Day: Carnage in the squat cage

BB Squat
135 x 8 (Wake up boys!)
185 x 6 (It's time for fightin!)
225 x 6
225 x 6
235 x 5

BB Deadlift
135 x 6(Warmup)
185 x 6(Warmup)
205 x 6
205 x 6
225 x 6

Leg Press
225 x 6
225 x 6
225 x 6

Leg Extensions
50 x 8
75 x 8
90 x 6

Lying Leg Curls
50 x 8
75 x 8
85 x 6

Standing calf raise
45 x 12 (Bar position, stance & feel)
135 x 12 (warmup)
185 x 12
185 x 12

Roman Chair leg raise
12 reps x 3, unweighted

Thoughts:
Lotta neglect in the legs area, and it shows. Topping out at 235 x 5 in squat is f*#!*?g pathetic, frankly. Lotta work ahead of me in that department. Upper back was complaining some during deads, I think I may have tweaked something last friday. I'll have to keep an eye on it, and go easy for a few splits, I think. Aside from the gripes, I was pretty pleased with deads, I haven't touched them in a few years. Endurance is definitely lacking though, I was absolutely thrashed by the time I finished those up, and had pretty much nothing left for extensions and curls. This is definitely a big step up in workout intensity from the 'go through the motions for an hour' workout that's been the norm the past few months. That's good though. Just gotta keep packing the calories in, and keep the intensity up, and things will start progressing nicely.

Kiaran
10-04-2005, 04:43 PM
Nice workout Joe. We'll get your BF measured up this weekend if you like. Then you can have a frame of reference. Are you trying to cut or bulk right now? Checkout http://www.fitday.com to track your cals and sh!t. It's pretty useful. Also checkout http://www.nutritiondata.com/pantry.php?z=78567 to track down foods you can't find. Glad to see you're turning on the furnace and joined up with the WBB crowd here. You'll find more information than you ever wanted to know here.

Atrox Mortis
10-04-2005, 06:56 PM
@Kiaran: Thanks for the encouragement, mang. I've been screwing around for too long, and my gym time was basically going to waste. I figure it's time to get serious about this if I want to get anywhere. Right now, I plan on bulking until my strength gets to a point where I'm happy with it.

Workout

BB Benchpress
135 x 8 (Warmup)
165 x 8 (Warmup 2: Electric Boogaloo)
185 x 6
205 x 3
205 x 3
225 x 1 + 1pr

DB incline press
50 ea x 8 (Warmup)
60 ea x 6
60 ea x 6
60 ea x 4 + 1pr

Seated Cable Row
90 x 10 (Warmup)
120 x 6
140 x 6
150 x 5 + 1pr

Wide grip BTN pulldown
80 x 8 (warmup)
100 x 6
120 x 6
120 x 6

DB Row
Skipped. Upper back was *****ing at me too much

Hyperextensions
BW X 12 (Warmup)
25 x 8
25 x 6
25 x 6

Crunches

* I'm using 'pr' to denote partial rep, just so nobody thinks I set all kinds of personal records with that workout. I'll use 'PB' + gains on reps or weight once those personal best lifts start showing up. :D

Thoughts: Well, I wasn't channeling the spirit of Tom Platz today, so intensity was more in the realm of 'good' than 'insane' like yesterday's was. I think my quads are going to try to crawl up through my torso and strangle me if I try squats with a 75 second recovery again.

The upper back is definitely not happy, but it's getting better. I've gotten some good range of motion back, and was able to get some decent cable rows and pulldown work in before I felt like I was gonna cause any harm.

Kiaran
10-04-2005, 09:46 PM
Nice moves, dude. What's up with the bench tonight? You toss 225 around like a rag doll when I'm there. Good to see you are sticking with the back work. Keep at it. As far as the lower back goes, maybe try moving it to your legs day. I mean you already fried it on deads and squats, you don't wanna hurt it. Can't believe you only took 75 seconds between your sets on squats...that sounds like barf city. That still had to be a long workout with squats AND deads. Anyhow, look forward to seeing all your numbers fly up. Get yer calories in line for that bulk, you're gonna be a fuc*in monster.

Atrox Mortis
10-05-2005, 07:11 PM
http://www.cs.colostate.edu/~shepher/paintrain.gif

Workout

Paralell Bar Dips
BW x 12 (Warmup)
BW + 25 x 8
BW + 30 x 6
BW + 40 x 6

Half Arnies (DB Shoulder press, Neutral -> pronated)
30 x 8 (Warmup)
35 x 8 (Tried a full sup -> full pro, to get a feel for a full arnie, but not comfortable with the rotation yet)
40 x 6
40 x 5+1pr
35 x 6

BB 21's (Skullcrusher/closegrip bench/overhead extension supersets @ 7 reps ea.)

BB Upright rows
Skipped. Stupid upper back, why won't you stop being injured? :mad:

DB Lateral Raise
15 x 10
20 x 8
25 x 6

DB Front Raise
15 x 8
20 x 6
20 x 6

Preacher Curls
65 x 8
75 x 6
85 x 3
75 x 3

DB Concentration Curls
10 x 10
15 x 8
15 x 6
15 x 6

Roman Chair Leg Raise

Thoughts: Decent enough workout. Feeling the pain from monday's leg workout in a big way right now, so I was moving a little slow at first. Once I got into the groove, the complaints from the legs ceased to matter. Definitely need to improve on my curls. I ran outta gas on preachers bigtime. Upper back is still tweaking some, so I decided to forgo upright rows tonight. Through my first complete split tonight, and feeling really good. Feeling like I got worked over with a baseball bat, espescially the legs, but hey, that just means that past workouts were good ones :evillaugh

Kiaran
10-05-2005, 10:13 PM
Awww yeah, dude. Nice work on completing that split. Now you body will begin it's transformation and your next split won't be as hellish on your body. I know how you feel with the being worked over with a baseball bat. I feel like hammered **** tonight. You and your 21s....just threw up a little in my mouth thinking of them. Those dips are looking nice and way to curl jockey it up too :D Keep those workouts coming, no backing out now my brother.

Atrox Mortis
10-08-2005, 11:17 PM
BB Squat
135 x 8 (Warmup)
185 x 8 (Warmup)
225 x 6
245 x 6
225 x 6
245 x 6
245 x 4
245 x 3

LP Hack squat
2pps x 8 (Warmup)
3pps x 6
4pps x 6
5pps x 6
(This was mostly ego stroking, I think....)

Hyperextension
BW x 12 (Warmup)
BW+25 x 12
BW+35 x 6

LP Calf Raise
180 lbs x 12
360 x 8
450 x 6
450 x 6
500 x 6

Thoughts: Went down to spend the weekend at Kiaran's place. We went to his gym, and spent about 45 minutes picking apart each other's squat form. I cut down on the volume some tonight, was tired and kinda bored after spending all that time getting my squat form tweaked out. Cutting deadlifts definitely helped. I think squats and deads in the same workout was overdoing it. Short n sweet, but not a bad workout. Oh well, now I need to talk Kiaran into making me one of his kickass mocha protein shakes.

Nosaj
10-08-2005, 11:36 PM
Damn bro, your squats got me jealous! I just started lifting with my legs a couple weeks ago and your numbers are giving me some inspiration! Keep up the good work, it's a really good thing to see someone buckle down and get serious about molding their body into what they want it to look like through diet and exercise. :thumbup:

Coke
10-10-2005, 04:59 AM
Any friend of Kiaran's is a friend of mine, lol. You have good size already...nice leg strength, off to a great start.

Atrox Mortis
10-10-2005, 07:31 PM
Damn bro, your squats got me jealous! I just started lifting with my legs a couple weeks ago and your numbers are giving me some inspiration! Keep up the good work, it's a really good thing to see someone buckle down and get serious about molding their body into what they want it to look like through diet and exercise. :thumbup:
Thanks man. We're even though, because I'm jealous of the beastly numbers you're putting up on chest and back.

Any friend of Kiaran's is a friend of mine, lol. You have good size already...nice leg strength, off to a great start.
Thanks to you as well, CoCoa. Also, as to the 'any friend of Kiaran's' thing, same goes for you, dude.

Thanks for the encouragement, both of you guys :D

Update:
Kiaran got out the calipers and did up my BF% for me over the weekend. Here's the relavent numbers:

BF Measurements:

Right Tri: 3.5mm
Right Bi: 2mm
Right hip: 16mm
Back: 12mm
Interp. BF %: ~13.5

So, it's now been scientifically proven that I've got a spare tire :redface: Weight's still solid at 212 (Measured right before workout, about 5 hours after lunch). I plan on bulking for the next few months, and not really watching the BF % too much, but instead go on measurements and strength, since I don't think the ol' beergut is supporting much lean mass :D .

Today's Workout

BB Benchpress
135 x 8 (Warmup)
165 x 8
185 x 6
205 x 4
205 x 3
225 x 2 + 1pr

BTN cable pulldown
100 x 10 (Warmup)
130 x 8
150 x 6
160 x 4+1pr

DB incline press
50 x 8 (Warmup)
60 x 7
65 x 6
65 x 4+1pr

Nautilus seated row
90 x 8 (Warmup)
140 x 6
150 x 6
160 x 5
160 x 4+1pr

Decline Situp
BW x 25
BW+10 x 20
BW+20 x 15

Thoughts: Cut down on volume for this workout. I think I'm going to take Kiaran's advice and move hypers to legs day, since lower back gets hit on deads and somewhat on squats anyway. Didn't miss the DB rows at all on the last chest/back day, and came to the conclusion that they were kind of a wank with the seated rows in there, so I dumped them in favor of some more seated row work. I really like the nautilus seated row machine too, even though it's the first time I've tried it. The way the machine's set up forces me to bring my arms in higher up on my chest than cable rows do, and kept me from cheating on my form. I think I may keep those in favor of the cable rows. Well, time to go chug some cow juice, and maybe eat some dead cow while I'm at it.

sphillip40
10-10-2005, 09:01 PM
Nice looking journal and nice numbers! Glad you joined up on the forum.

Kiaran
10-11-2005, 12:20 PM
Interesting way to structure the flow of the workout: chest,back,chest,back. I imagine that it gave your lats and pecs ample time to "reset" from exercise to exercise. Your bench and lat pulls are definitely getting stronger. Keep slamming those shakes and you'll be puttin up 245, 275, 315+ in no time, dude. Is the nautilus seated row the machine where you sit down in it and there is a pad you rest your chest against and it has the two lever arms that you just pull towards you? I may try that out.

Atrox Mortis
10-11-2005, 06:49 PM
@Kiaran: Yeah, I kinda felt like doing chest chest back back was slamming me a little bit on the second exercise. Swapping groups seems to help by giving some added recovery time between exercises. The nautilus machine is that one in the corner by the roman chair/pullup station. No chest pad, so body position is up to me, but the way the grips are, I can't cheat a rep to completion by leaning back. The movement's a lot more similar to a DB row than it is a cable row, which I like, since I feel like the DB rows worked my lats better than the cables did.

Workout

Paralell Bar Dip
BW x 12 (Warmup)
BW+25 x 8
BW+40 x 6
BW+45 x 6
BW+50 x 4

Half Arnies
35 x 8 (Warmup)
40 x 6
40 x 5+1pr
40 x 6

EZB 21's

DB Lateral Raise
15 x 10 (Warmup)
20 x 8
25 x 6
25 x 6

DB Front Raise
10 x 10 (Warmup)
15 x 8
20 x 6
20 x 6

EZB Upright Row
65 x 8
85 x 6
85 x 6

EZB Preacher Curl
65 x 8
65 x 5+1pr
65 x 4+1pr
65 x 5

DB Concentration Curl
10 x 10 (Warmup)
15 x 8
15 x 8
20 x 6

Roman Chair Leg Raise

Thoughts: Wasn't really feeling motivated to go to the gym at all today. However, a little self-belittlement and some redbull were enough to get me to drag my lazy *** into the gym. From there, good dips, half arnies, and my new Cradle of Filth album allowed me to blast my tris and delts somewhere into the dark realm of the grim forest primeval http://www.cs.colostate.edu/~shepher/black101.gif. Today actually turned out to be a pretty good workout. Was very pleased with the way my tris and shoulders are progressing. Bis are still kinda lagging though. I think the second disappointing preacher performance is due to a combination of a good back day yesterday, and adding upright rows back in to the workout today. Tossed some extra concentrations in to compensate, but god help me, I'm starting to feel like a curl jockey on arms day. What have I become? :cry:

dw06wu
10-11-2005, 07:30 PM
Goals:

Measurements:
Arms: 19" flexed
Chest: 46" - 48" flexed
Waist: 32" - 33"
Weight: 210 - 220, but with less bodyfat.

Maxes:
Bench: 315lbs
Squat: 460 lbs
Deadlift: 460lbs
Dude, with 19" arms you will be benching like at least 400 for reps.

ectx
10-11-2005, 10:18 PM
I just took a glance at your journal. I like the format and style. It looks like you're doing quite well. Good luck with your goals...and what's with the latin screen name? Atrocious death?

Kiaran
10-11-2005, 10:59 PM
Hey I didn't see the kitchen sink in that list of shoulder exercises, what's up? :D Things are looking good for you. Those dips are getting huge! Here's something to think about: you had 10 sets of chest on chest/back day and 15 sets of shoulders on this last workout. Maybe shrink the shoulder workout down a little (i.e. alternate arnies and front raises every other workout)? You don't wanna fry those bad boys out. Keep on truckin, mang!

Coke
10-12-2005, 09:35 AM
A bit of the volume freak dude, lol - ;) ...thats cool though, I know you've got plans. Nice work on the delts and arms.

TTT
10-12-2005, 06:36 PM
I just took a glance at your journal. I like the format and style. It looks like you're doing quite well. Good luck with your goals...and what's with the latin screen name? Atrocious death?

Does it have anything to do with the Warhammer avatar? :)

Nice numbers in your lifts, btw. Good luck with your goals.

Atrox Mortis
10-12-2005, 11:23 PM
Does it have anything to do with the Warhammer avatar? :)

Nice numbers in your lifts, btw. Good luck with your goals.
Hah, I was wondering if anyone would figure it out. Congratulations TTT, you're at least as big a nerd as I am. :D

'Atrox Mortis' (Roughly 'Cruel Death') is the moniker of the Bloodravens dreadnought that appears in the Dawn of War (http://www.fileplanet.com/145776/140000/fileinfo/Dawn-of-War-Introduction-Sequence) intro movie. Even though it's incredibly nerdy, having a username/avatar modeled after a house-sized war machine that's strong enough to juice a steer like a lemon dovetails nicely with my lifting goals. You can't see the legend on it's carapace in the movie, but I found some high-resolution stills from it that show the detail, which is where I lifted the name from. For bonus nerdfactor, I also lifted quotes from the space marines in the game as my custom title, and for the thread title.

Atrox Mortis
10-15-2005, 02:52 PM
Well, been a while since I've updated. Things kinda fell apart this week, and I wound up taking 3 days off from the gym, mostly due to the fact that I was too tired and too stressed to do anything but come home, zone out for a few hours, and go to bed.

Workout

BB Squat
135 x 8 (Warmup)
185 x 6 (Warmup)
225 x 6 Raw
245 x 5 Raw
265 x 5
285 x 3
285 x 3

LP Hack squat
2pps x 8 (Warmup)
3pps x 6
3pps x 6

Seated leg Extension
45 x 8 (Warmup)
70 x 6
90 x 6
100 x 6

Lying Leg Curls
45 x 8 (Warmup)
70 x 6
90 x 6
90 x 5+1pr

LP Calf Raise
2pps x 16 (Warmup)
4pps x 10
5pps x 6
5pps x 6
5pps x 6

Nautilus Weighted Crunch
50 x 20 (Warmup)
100 x 15
150 x 10
130 x 10

Thoughts: Been feeling really tired and rundown this week. The endless boredom at school and work wasn't helping matters either. Slept for about 12 hours last night, and came in today feeling really fresh and ready to go. Squats were great. Legs were well rested, form felt solid, depth felt right, everything was clicking on those. Was a little disappointed about the LP Hacks, but I'm fairly sure that the trolley on the LP at my gym outweighs the one at Kiaran's gym by at least 100 lbs, so it's a comparable weight, just less of an ego-boost for me.

When I was doing my arms/shoulders day on Tuesday, there was some big mofo over on squat rack in the corner putting up some stupid amounts of weight. I just kinda stood there in awe as this guy popped out about 3 clean 4-6 rep sets @ 405 lbs.

With god as my witness, some day I will be that mofo....

debussy
10-15-2005, 03:36 PM
**** man, any time I see someone squat over 315 I stop to look. I have yet to see anyone go 315 ass to the grass though. Anyway, good ****... guys like that are good motivation to get ****in strong.

Kiaran
10-15-2005, 10:59 PM
285 Squat eh? that number looks familiar :D How'd the form hold together on these this time around? I know what you mean about the monster doing 4pps. Same thing happened to me when I was squating the other day. Dude was just going up and down like it was nothing with 365 on his shoulders for 10-12 reps...granted they were not full ROM. It's good you took 3 days off. That ain't gonna hurt your routine at all. Rest is just as important as a good workout :) Keep hittin it man!

Coke
10-16-2005, 11:31 AM
U are a bit of mofo already and doing good right now as is...awesome leg work. Glad you have recharged bro.

TTT
10-16-2005, 12:30 PM
Hah, I was wondering if anyone would figure it out. Congratulations TTT, you're at least as big a nerd as I am. :D

'Atrox Mortis' (Roughly 'Cruel Death') is the moniker of the Bloodravens dreadnought that appears in the Dawn of War (http://www.fileplanet.com/145776/140000/fileinfo/Dawn-of-War-Introduction-Sequence) intro movie. Even though it's incredibly nerdy, having a username/avatar modeled after a house-sized war machine that's strong enough to juice a steer like a lemon dovetails nicely with my lifting goals. You can't see the legend on it's carapace in the movie, but I found some high-resolution stills from it that show the detail, which is where I lifted the name from. For bonus nerdfactor, I also lifted quotes from the space marines in the game as my custom title, and for the thread title.

Haha. The only reason I know this is because I had a flatmate who was into all that stuff. Honest :angel:
And I also got that game from him. It's actually not a bad game.
LMAO at "bonus nerdfactor!!" I'd have to say you score 10/10 for that stuff.

Nice workouts.

Atrox Mortis
10-19-2005, 02:33 PM
Well, managed all of 1 decent workout and one post in the past week. Apparently being really tired and run-down feeling wasn't just a result of too much stress and not enough sleep, but rather, was Act I of a little musical I like to call Atrox Gets A Low Grade Flu or The Prodigal Son Returns (To the can, about once every 20 minutes). And of course, it's one of those lovely little bugs that is just enough to keep me rundown and abjectly miserable, but not enough to keep me from taking time off of work/school guilt free. To add insult to injury (and blowing chunks), I managed to lose my god**** wallet this weekend, so buh-bye Driver's License & credit cards, don't forget to write! :bang: :swear: :bang:

A few days downtime, as well as plenty of sleep and hot tea will hopefully have me back in the gym though.

TTT
10-19-2005, 04:06 PM
That sucks, man. Get better soon. And find your wallet. :)

Kiaran
10-19-2005, 09:57 PM
Damn, dude. You are having quite the run of bad luck right now. I hope your wallet turns up somewhere and finds its way back to you. I know how that feels, it's really ****ty. You got sick too? Start chuggin the tea and vitamin C. You'll be back to the gym in no time at all. Call if you need anything.

Kiaran
10-23-2005, 01:18 PM
Someone needs to get their ass back to the gym and post some workouts :windup:

Hope you are feeling better, dude, haven't seen you online in awhile.

Atrox Mortis
10-24-2005, 08:06 PM
Workout

BB Squat
135 x 8 warmup
225 x 5 raw
245 x 5 raw
275 x 4
285 x 3
295 x 2

LP Hack squat
2pps x 6 warmup
3pps x 6
4pps x 5
4pps x 4

Naut leg curl
45 x 8 warmup
70 x 8
80 x 6
90 x 4+1

Naut leg extension
45 x 8 warmup
70 x 8
90 x 6
110 x 6

LP Calf raise
3pps x 12 wo
4pps x 8
5pps x 6
5pps x 6
5pps x 6

Roman chair leg lift

Thoughts: Well, after about the absolute sh**tiest 2 weeks on record, I'm back in the saddle. Everything felt really solid and well rested tonight. I probably could have broken 300 on squat easy, but while my quads and gluts said 'yes', my confidence level says 'no'. Another split or two, and I think I'll be able to pull off at least 3-4 solid reps at 315. Everything was there but the will. Hams are coming along, got some better endurance on the curls, but the top end isn't quite where the quads are yet.

Coke
10-25-2005, 06:12 AM
Got the groove going again with some great leg work...good session throughout, 3pps squats are yours soon man.

Kiaran
10-25-2005, 08:42 PM
I like the looks of that routine. Those Squats are getting stronger everytime you lift. 315 isn't going to be a problem for you. Keep hittin it hard and you'll be at 4pps by September of next year.

Atrox Mortis
11-05-2005, 04:36 PM
Workout

BB Bench
135 x 12 wo
175 x 8
195 x 5
205 x 3
205 x 3

BTN Pulldown
100 x 10 wo
130 x 8
150 x 6
160 x 3+1

DB Incline Press
50 x 8 wo
60 x 6
65 x 5
65 x 4+1

Nautilus Lat row
90 x 8 wo
140 x 6
160 x 6
180 x 5
180 x 3+1

Weighted ab machine
80 x 15 wo
110 x 10
140 x 10
155 x 8

Thoughts: First workout in almost two weeks. October absolutely sucked ass, with a double-whammy of stomach flu, and then some kind of viral respritory infection that the doctors couldn't do jack **** about. Not the greatest numbers today, but looking back through my handwritten workout logs, I realized this is my first chest workout since 10 October. Almost a frigging month. All you sickness causing microbes out there can kiss my ass.
Oh well, it felt really good to be back in there. Inclines were pretty shaky for the first few sets, then my form started coming back. Going to have to really concentrate on keeping my immune system up and staying rested, as it's been very hard these past few weeks to get enough sleep and stay away from sick people.

Coke
11-06-2005, 11:17 AM
You had the best reason in the world not to have a session in, glad to see you rollin again - cool session man.

Atrox Mortis
11-06-2005, 07:13 PM
@CoCoa: Thanks man. The last 3 weeks or so have been incredibly frustrating. Finally feeling like I've got this stupid virus licked, feels great to be back.

6 November - Arms & Shoulders

PB Dips
BW x 12 wo
"+25 x 8
"+35 x 6
"+50 x 6
"+60 x 4

DB Half Arnies
35 x 8 wo
40 x 6
40 x 6
40 x 5+1

EZB 21s

DB Lat Raise
20 x 8 wo
25 x 6
25 x 6
25 x 6

EZB Preacher curl
55 x 8 wo
55 x 6
65 x 6
65 x 5+1

DB Front raise
15 x 8 wo
20 x 6
20 x 6
20 x 6

DB Conc curl
15 x 8 wo
20 x 6
20 x 6
20 x 6

Roman Chair Leg Lift

Thoughts: Finally feeling like I got this damn cold licked. I think I've slept for about 24 of the last 48 hours. Tris felt really solid tonight. Bis were pretty shaky, but I haven't really lost much on them.

Kiaran
11-07-2005, 11:53 AM
Glad you're back, dude. Very nice upper body work in there the last couple of seshes. Those Dips are looking mighty strong and that back work is looking stronger everytime you lift. Keep em' coming now that you're all healed up :) (Don't forget to eat your refridgerator).

Coke
11-07-2005, 12:44 PM
Super volume there man, looking ready to go for it - :thumbup:

Atrox Mortis
11-09-2005, 07:31 PM
http://www.cs.colostate.edu/~shepher/duke.jpg

Kiaran: Yeah, the downside to getting better is I'm back on my diet. I don't know if I'll ever be able to look another gallon of milk in the eye again after this bulk.
CoCoa: Thanks mang :D Always nice to have some encouragment from one of the heavy hitters.

Workout

BB squat
135 x 8 wo
225 x 6 raw
255 x 5 raw
285 x 4
305 x 3
315 x 2 (<--BAM!)

LP hack squat
2pps x 8 wo
3pps x 6
4pps x 5
4pps x 4

Naut leg xtns
55 x 8 wo
80 x 6
90 x 6
105 x 5
115 x 4

Naut leg curl
55 x 8 wo
70 x 6
90 x 6
100 x 3+1 (<-- This is the point where my legs are declared a federal disaster, and FEMA dispatches a crack horse judging team to my hammys)

LP Calf raise
3pps x 15 wo
4pps x 12
5pps x 10
5pps x 8

Decline situp
BW x 25 wo
"+10 x 20
"+25 x 15

Thoughts: Really solid workout tonight. Squats felt great, form was solid, and I was hitting my depth all the way through 315, which is great. I haven't been able to cleanly rep at 3pps since my freshman year of college. Tonight was definitely another one of those 'channeling Tom Platz' leg workouts. The success on the squats just made me want more, and I pretty much demolished my quads and hams tonight. Hadda stop myself from harfing a few times during the LP Hacks and leg curls. The 4pps squat will be mine, oh yes, it will be mine...

Coke
11-10-2005, 12:56 PM
Like them hacks and regular squats with 3pps, but 4pps are yours soon enough - ;)... fine effort!!

Kiaran
11-15-2005, 11:52 AM
Awsome job with the 3pps squat, Joe. Keep things strong and eating solid enough and you'll be staring at 4pps by Spring-time.

Atrox Mortis
11-16-2005, 07:26 PM
CoCoa:Thanks man. If I eat my wheaties every morning, maybe I'll be able to use the big kid weights like you some day.
Kiaran: Thanks bro. Next goal right now is to be pushing 365, which I'm hoping to hit within 2 months or so. My plan for world domination is coming along quite nicely.

Workout

BB Benchpress
135 x 8 wo
165 x 8
195 x 6
205 x 4
225 x 2+1

DB Incline press
55 x 8
60 x 6
60 x 5+1
60 x 5

Naut compound row
90 x 8 wo
140 x 6
180 x 6
180 x 6

BTN pulldown
130 x 6
150 x 6
170 x 3+1
170 x 4

RC leg raise

Thoughts: Finding time to get into the gym has been a real pain lately. Work, school, family, etc. all conspired this week. Plus, I feel like I'm living in a friggin sick ward, as everybody's passing colds around. Coworkers? Sick. Girlfriend? Sick. Family? Sick. My roommate finally got over his, so I'm only spending 8-10 hours a day in a cesspit of germs, but it's still annoying, as I'm deathly afraid of getting sick again. Tonight felt good though. Bench snapped right back to where it should be, and back felt solid. Played around with the order of lifts tonight just for ****s and giggles, seemed like I was able to put up more weight, but lost endurance by sticking within major groups.

Ironminded
11-16-2005, 07:30 PM
AM-
I am sure you have thought of this, but if you are really worried about getting sick, super dosing on vitamin C can't hurt. It is not like you can od on the stuff as long as you are drinking enough water, and it always helps me stay healthy when others around me start getting bit by the cold or flu.

Coke
11-17-2005, 05:04 AM
Too bad but its everywhere, folks coughing and sneezing and $hit...damn good workout AM, keeps you on track.

Kiaran
11-17-2005, 09:01 AM
Awsome job on that bench, Joe. What does the "+1" next to the reps stand for? Also, it looks like your pulldowns are getting stronger each time you workout. Once you hit 200 on those bad boys you should switch it up to chins (your favorite).

Atrox Mortis
11-22-2005, 10:42 PM
IronMinded - Yeah, I'm definitely riding the Vitamin C bus. I'm in a fog of germs pretty much constantly, so I'm doing my best to project a vitamin C shield all around me.

Cocoa - Thanks man. Yeah, the guy at the desk right across from me at work is hacking constantly. Dumb SOB won't even take off work long enough to get better... :swear:

Kiaran - Eheh, the +1 means I forgot to add the 'pr' behind the +1. As far as pullups goes, we'll see. I really really don't like pullups for some reason.

Workout

PB Dips
BW x 12 wo
+25 x 8
+40 x 8
+50 x 6
+60 x 3

DB half arnies
35 x 8 wo
40 x 8
45 x 6
45 x 6

EZB 21's

DB Lat Raise
20 x 8
25 x 6
25 x 6
25 x 6

DB Front Raises
20 x 6 Neutral grip (NG)
20 x 6 Pronated grip (PG)
20 x 6 NG
20 x 6 PG

Alternating standing DB Curls
30 x 6
30 x 6
35 x 5
35 x 4

Naut weighted Ab
20 x 85
15 x 135
10 x 155

Thoughts Time + energy have been hard to come by lately. Good workout though, definitely feeling the benefits of having 4 extra days of recovery between chest/back and arms/shoulders days. Wish I could maintain a regular workout schedule right now, but I guess sporadic workouts are better than none at all, and sporadic workouts is all I'm getting for a while.

Coke
11-23-2005, 05:31 AM
Get a session in when you can man - that’s all you can do, lol...remember nothing from nothing leaves nothing.

Kiaran
11-26-2005, 04:52 PM
Holidays are the hardest to get decent workouts in man. Everything will pan out for you in the coming weeks/new year. Looks like you roasted your arms and shoulders with that last one too :D Hope the family tour went well this weekend and look forward to reading some more of your workouts.

Atrox Mortis
01-05-2006, 09:50 PM
Well, it's been a while since I showed my face around here. The past several weeks have been less than fun for me. A lot of time was spent fighting a losing battle to save my company, who are closing their doors and laying everybody off in the near future. Needless to say that sucked, espescially coming during the holidays like it did. So, I spent a while feeling sorry for myself and crying in my beer before getting my **** together and getting back into the gym. Anyway,

Workout

BTN Pulldown
110 x 8 wo
130 x 8
150 x 6
160 x 6

BB Bench press
135 x 8 wo
175 x 8
195 x 4
215 x 2
215 x 2

Seated cable row
100 x 8 wo
130 x 8
150 x 6
150 x 5

DB incline press
50 ea x 8 wo
60 ea x 8
65 ea x 6
70 ea x 5
70 ea x 2

Nautilus pec fly
100 x 8
130 x 6
130 x 5
130 x 6

Hyperextensions
bw x 12 w0
+10 x 10
+20 x 8
+35 x 6

Naut crunch machine
70 x 15
110 x 12
110 x 12
110 x 10

Thoughts: Felt really good to get back tonight. I've definitely lost some of my top end, on bench espescially. Also lost a lot of ab conditioning, but that's not terribly unexpected as I haven't lifted anything heavier than 12oz in over a month. Inclines were surprisingly good, but I think I'm gonna pay the price for it come the next few days.

Coke
01-06-2006, 05:11 AM
Nobody likes that type of news, sorry to hear about the job ordeal...you'll build character from the situation as you move on. Glad to see you making the effort and getting a session in.

Atrox Mortis
01-11-2006, 07:22 PM
Cocoa: Thanks for the support man.

Been a little lax in updating this thing lately. Here's the past few workouts:

Saturday - Arms & Shoulders

Paralell bar dips
BW x 12 wo
+25 x 10
+35 x 8
+45 x 6

Half arnies
35 x 8
35 x 8

Full arnies
35 x 8
35 x 8

EZB 21's

DB lat raise
20 x 8
20 x 8
25 x 8
25 x 6

DB Front raise
20 x 8
20 x 8
20 x 8
20 x 6

Standing compound curl
35 x 8
35 x 6
35 x 6
35 x 6

Crunches

Monday - Legs Day

BB Squat
225 x 10 wo
245 x 8 raw
265 x 6
285 x 4
295 x 2

LP Hack squat
2pps x 8 wo
3pps x 8
4pps x 6
4pps x 4

Naut leg xtns
45 x 10 wo
70 x 8
90 x 6
90 x 6

Naut leg curl
45 x 10 wo
70 x 8
90 x 5
90 x 4

LP calf raise
3pps x 15
4pps x 12
4pps x 12
5pps x 8

Thoughts: Arms went pretty good. I dropped in weight on the shoulder press, but that's probably a good thing, as I'm finally comfortable enough with the motion that I can do full arnies now. I think I'll probably phase the half arnies out in favor of the fulls as time goes on. Bi's were gassing hardcore, looks like the loss on bi's is just as bad as the difficulty of gaining on them.

Legs day was good, but was definitely an exercise in forgetting my limits. Or rather, remembering where my limits were at before my little break all too well. DOMS has set in hardcore, and I'm feeling like my lower body was fed into a woodchipper. Oh well, it'll just help gain back what was lost that much quicker.

Coke
01-12-2006, 06:13 AM
Keep on with it and don't let nothing get you down...nice amount of volume for both days, super doubles on squats.

Kiaran
01-12-2006, 04:33 PM
Glad to see you back again, dude! Those hacks look impressive as hell and your squats are always insane to me. Hopefully in a few weeks we can get together and lift. Keep it strong, man.

Atrox Mortis
03-26-2007, 08:49 PM
So the first question many of you are asking is: Who are you? Answer: Nobody important. Those of you who've been around are probably asking: What happened to you? Welp, short answer, I got lazy and fell off the wagon for a year. I could give a long answer about losing my job, going back to school, wah wah wah, but no, the real answer is I got lazy and spent a year feeling sorry for myself. Anyway, I've gotten my **** together in other areas of my life, so now it's time to get back in the gym again and get back in shape.

3/25/07 - Legs Day

BB Squat
8x 135 wo
8x 185
8x 225
4x 245

LP Hack
8x 200
8x 290
6x 290
6x 290

Leg Curls
8x 120 wo
8x 165
8x 180
8x 195

Leg Xtns
8x 120 WO
8x 165
8x 180
8x 195

Standing calf raise
12x 210
10x 270
8x 330
6x 375

Welp, pretty much every stabilizing group went to hell in a hand basket. Hams and quads felt good, but squats were real jittery and my knees were complaining on squats and hacks. I'm going to have to invest in some knee braces and core training.

3/26/07 - Fun and games in Kiaran's house of pain
Most of you regulars probably know about Kiaran (http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=53922) and his home gym. Since I now live pretty close, I took him up on an invite to try out his new bench and cage.

BB Bench Press
8x 85 wo
8x 135
8x 155
6x 185
4x 205
2x 225 (Kiaran had to assist on both reps)
1x 225 clean
14x 135 +1pr (burnout)

After bench, the following conversation ensued:
:cool: (<- me): Ok, how bout something a little more active? I really need to hit some more cardio stuff.
http://content.imagesocket.com/thumbs/snidelyc84.jpg (http://imagesocket.com/view/snidelyc84.jpg) (<- Kiaran): Have you heard of (dramatic pause) CROSSFIT? Let's do that, it'll be fun

:10 minutes later:
http://content.imagesocket.com/thumbs/emot_barf568.gif (http://imagesocket.com/view/emot_barf568.gif) (<- me again)

Bench felt really good. I've been half-assing things for the past month, going in whenever I find the time and energy, so at least I won't have that 'totally ruined after the first workout' DOMS. Crossfit just kicked my ass, and it was a pretty tame workout according to Kiaran. I'll take a day or two off to recuperate and then see what new horrors K has in store for me.

Coke
03-27-2007, 10:07 AM
Lucky SOB, lol - :D ...you got the chance to workout over at Kiaran's, his setup is sweet. Good you're back.

Kiaran
03-28-2007, 11:51 PM
Hey man. Your comments ****ing slay me. Sorry I missed ya today, I went home sick from work; felt like ****. Then decided to hit up a workout this evening. We'll pick it up tomorrow if you're down. I do indeed have more wonderful puketastic **** in store for you, if you wish. Keep the "wheel-of-pain" moving, Conan. See ya tomorrow.

Atrox Mortis
03-29-2007, 09:32 PM
BB Deadlift
135 x 8
185 x 5
225 x 6
275 x 6
315 x 4
335 x 1

Crossfit
Leg raises x 20
Slams x 15
Rows 150m
Pushups 25
Tire Strikes 10/side

3 rounds, times: 4:04, 4:23, 4:38

Deads went surprisingly well. I'm pretty surprised I was able to pull 315x4. Crossfit still sucked, but it didn't **** me up as bad as monday's did.

Kiaran
03-29-2007, 10:15 PM
Right on with the deads, man. You'll be pulling 4pps in no time at all. Crossfit's only gonna get easier.

Coke
03-30-2007, 06:10 AM
Coming around super already, nice job dude.

Atrox Mortis
03-31-2007, 06:23 PM
3/30/07

BB Bench Press
135 x 8
155 x 8
185 x 6
205 x 3
225 x 1

Close grip BB Benchpress
45 x 20
135 x 8
135 x 6
135 x 3

Crossfit - 'The Suck'
Burpees x 10
Box Jumps x 10
Pull Ups x 10
DB Swings x 10

5 rounds, Times: 2:30, 2:59, 2:32, 2:43, 2:58

Kiaran also snapped some pics

CG Benchpress
http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/4428/joecgbench13503312007nt3.th.jpg (http://img137.imageshack.us/my.php?image=joecgbench13503312007nt3.jpg)

Bench @ 225
http://img378.imageshack.us/img378/7968/joebench22503312007il1.th.jpg (http://img378.imageshack.us/my.php?image=joebench22503312007il1.jpg)
Bench @ failure
http://img478.imageshack.us/img478/3069/joecgbenchtoast03312007wn8.th.jpg (http://img478.imageshack.us/my.php?image=joecgbenchtoast03312007wn8.jpg)

Definitely enjoying working out @ Kiaran's. He's got a nice setup and we're pretty good about motivating each other. Crossfit was hellish today. **** burpees, seriously, I hate those things. As an added bonus I had to use the little girl box for boxjumps because my hammys were so fried from deads the legs wouldn't work. Some day I'll step up to the big kid box. It'll definitely be a day where I didn't do deads before hand.

Kiaran
04-01-2007, 12:14 AM
Hey, nice pics :D Dude, I'm totally ****ing owned today. I went out and hit tennis with my dad for 2 hours and he wanted to work on my footwork *puke* So now my legs feel like they've been driven over by a cement truck, which then stopped and dumped it's load on them. I spent the entire evening on ibuprofen, food, water and the couch. You've got to be hurtin' too. Grab a bunch of Vitamin C and water to help with the recovery. The bench is lookin stronger each time, btw. You'll be putting up 275 before the summer is out, I have no doubt. Keep em' comin, man.

Atrox Mortis
04-02-2007, 08:57 PM
4/2/07 - Squats

BB Squat
135 x 8 wo
135 x 6
185 x 6 raw
225 x 10 raw
245 x 8
275 x 4
300 x 2
315 x 1

Crossfit - "Sledgehammer, Mother******"
Push ups x 25
Tire Strikes x 15/side
Leg Raises x 20
Slams @ 12lbs x 15
Rowing x 150m

3 rounds timed: 3:50, 3:46, 3:44

Pics:
http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/2290/image004vz0.th.jpg (http://img133.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image004vz0.jpg)
This is a war face! AAAAAA! SHOW ME YOUR WAR FACE!!!!

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/3415/image007kl5.th.jpg (http://img262.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image007kl5.jpg)
315 Finally my gigantic ass proves it's worth. :moon:

http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/4696/image003vj9.th.jpg (http://img412.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image003vj9.jpg)
Thinking deep thoughts at the bottom of a rep. Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway anyway?
http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/6923/image008nk5.th.jpg (http://img371.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image008nk5.jpg)
Rows during crossfit. I just needed a big fat shirtless guy to whip me while someone pounded on a drum.

Another day, another solid workout @ kiaran's place. Squats felt really good, much better than last time. K pointed out some flaws in my form that were causing me some knee problems. Widened out to kind of a sumo stance and the weight just flew up, no joints complaining either. Crossfit felt a lot better too. It's only been a week, but I can already feel the difference in my energy levels both inside and outside the gym. I've actually gained a few pounds since I weighed myself a few weeks ago, so I'm destined to be a big fat guy for a while longer. Hopefully though I'll soon be a big fat guy putting up some diesel numbers. As always, thanks to Kiaran for letting me use his garage gym and snapping the pics so I can continue to be an Internet Celebrity.

Kiaran
04-02-2007, 11:40 PM
Squat was looking solid, man. Really good work with that. That weight is going to come off whether you like it or not. Crossfit is just brutal. Keep your diet in check too while you're cutting. This means a few less of the old' ambers too :) Save that for the bulk. I was looking at your form again on your squat and thought that it looked pretty damn good. Need to get some tips from you next time on my form to sit back like you do. Good stuff, we'll hit it again tomorrow.

Coke
04-03-2007, 06:31 AM
Good benching, squats & crossfit training man, keep it up!!

Kiaran
04-03-2007, 10:42 PM
Alright, here it is, lol:

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showpost.php?p=1648003&postcount=713

Atrox Mortis
04-05-2007, 01:19 PM
@Coke - Thanks for stopping by man. Always nice to have some encouragement.
@Kiaran - Yeah, squats are snapping back into shape nicely. I've cleaned up my diet quite a bit, so hopefully the fat will start dropping off soon.

4/4/07 - Bench Day

BB Bench
135 x 8
185 x 8
205 x 4
205 x 4
225 x 1+1pr

CG Bench
135 x 10
135 x 8
155 x 7+1pr

Crossfit - "Blueballs"
****tyball CnP (50lbs) x 10
Jumpropes x 100
Ab Crawls x 10/side
Wallball Shots (12lbs) x 10
Situps x 15
Tire Jumps x 10

3 rounds for time: 5:06, 4:44, 4:38

Ol' ****ty definitely earned it's name with this workout. Kiaran was all Dr. Evil ish with this 'I have a surprise for j00' line he'd been working all day on ICQ. Bench felt pretty decent, but god, crossfit was murder.

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w162/Atrox_Mortis/Joe-Bench-225-04042007.jpghttp://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w162/Atrox_Mortis/Joe-CGBench-155-04042007.jpg
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w162/Atrox_Mortis/Joe-SBCnPa-04042007.jpghttp://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w162/Atrox_Mortis/Joe-SBCnPb-04042007.jpg
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w162/Atrox_Mortis/Joe-SBCnPf-04042007.jpghttp://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w162/Atrox_Mortis/Joe-WallShots-04042007.jpg

offhegoes03
04-05-2007, 04:01 PM
looking good man, you guys have cool journals to follow. keep up the good work and I'm sure you'll be shedding some of that fat with all the crossfit Kiaran's got ya doing

Coke
04-06-2007, 05:46 AM
Crossfit is indeed killer, but then again so are your facial expressions in a couple of shots, lol - :D

Atrox Mortis
04-06-2007, 02:35 PM
4/5/07 - Deadlifts

BB Deadlift
135 x 8 wo
225 x 8
275 x 5
315 x 2
315 x 1

Upright Rows
70 x 8
100 x 8
110 x 8

Crossfit - "Little Schoolgirl"
Pushups x 25
Pullups x 25
Jump rope x 50
Crunches x 25

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w162/Atrox_Mortis/Joe-Deadlift-315b-04052007.jpg
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w162/Atrox_Mortis/Joe-Deadlift-315a-04052007.jpg

I was pretty much wasted on this one. The endurance isn't quite back yet, and between that, losing a recovery day, and dancing with ol' ****ty the night before, my back just wasn't having it. Got to 315 and was pretty much toast after 2 reps. I'm definitely looking forward to a couple of days off. That bastard Kiaran can go to hell as far as I'm concerned. I'm pretty much dead on my feet and he's popping out reps at 365 like they're nothing.

Coke
04-06-2007, 04:08 PM
Made some smooth work on those deads, good numbers on that movement man with more to come.

Kiaran
04-07-2007, 01:05 PM
Lol, good stuff, dude. Your pulls looked easy enough. Your back is just a bit tired. It'll only get stronger though. Fix your journal up above, you put down "305" instead of "315" for your deads. You definitely had 3pps on the bar :) Oh, and for what it's worth, I feel like I was thrown down a cliff today after those deads.

Atrox Mortis
04-09-2007, 10:50 PM
4/9/07

BB Bent Rows
85 x 8
135 x 8
185 x 6
155 x 8
155 x 6

Standing Mil Press
45 x 10
65 x 8
75 x 8
75 x 8

Crossfit - "Wheel of Pain"
Double Unders x 10
Thrusters @ 65lbs x 20
Slams @ 20lbs x 30
Crunches x 40
CG Pushups x 50
2 rounds or until http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w162/Atrox_Mortis/emot-barf.gif

Well, Kiaran and I said we were gonna hit it hard today, and by Crom we did. Bent rows definitely showed I've got a push->pull strength imbalance. I had to swallow my pride and drop to 155 to complete reps. The set @ 185 was looking real sloppy. Crossfit was just heinous this time around. Double unders weren't bad, save for the fact that I'm about as agile as a snapping turtle with downs syndrome. The suck really started kicking in with the thrusters, and just kept on building until the pushups hit and by that time pretty much every muscle in my arm was just screaming. I wound up failing 7 pushups into the 2nd round. My tris were just jell-o at that point.

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w162/Atrox_Mortis/Joe-BentRows-165-04092007.jpg
Rows
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w162/Atrox_Mortis/Joe-DoubleUnders-04092007.jpghttp://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w162/Atrox_Mortis/Joe-Thrusters-04092007.jpg
Doubleunders and Thrusters

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w162/Atrox_Mortis/Joe-ToastA-04092007.jpghttp://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w162/Atrox_Mortis/Joe-ToastB-04092007.jpg
Pushups and ****in toasted.

Kiaran
04-09-2007, 11:06 PM
Yeh-heh-heh-aaa! *carl* Dude, nice job tonight. I don't think I would have pushed through that second round if you didn't go first. Squats tomorrow and gobs of ****in fun!

Coke
04-10-2007, 06:02 AM
That's awesome, you look spent in the one shot - really working for it.

offhegoes03
04-10-2007, 04:00 PM
looking good man, you and Kiaran are getting some pretty sweet workouts in

Atrox Mortis
04-11-2007, 10:29 AM
4/10/07

BB Squat
135 x 8
185 x 8 (raw)
225 x 10 (raw)
245 x 8
275 x 6
315 x 3

EZB Upright Rows
70 x 8
70 x 8
70 x 8

Crossfit - "Lazy Dog"
Tire Strikes - 15/side
Pullups 15
Jumpropes 100
Knees 2 Elbows 10

3 rounds timed: 3:19, 3:12, 3:10

Definitely looking forward to a few days off. Squats felt solid, but the energy level wasn't exactly pop'n'fresh today. Oh well, a completed workout's a completed workout.

offhegoes03
04-11-2007, 03:33 PM
you guys definitely get a ton of stuff in each day, so it looks like you could use the rest.

Kiaran
04-11-2007, 10:25 PM
Really well done with the squats, dude. I really think you're gonna appreciate all your hard work by the time this year is out. I see big numbers in store for you. Gonna have to buy some more plates...

Coke
04-12-2007, 06:35 AM
You deserve a couple days rest man, you guys have really been raising up…ace squats.

Atrox Mortis
04-14-2007, 01:07 PM
Offhegoes, CoCoa, Kiaran - Thanks for stopping by fellas.

4/13/07
BB Bench
85 x 10 (wo)
135 x 8
165 x 8
185 x 6
205 x 4
225 x 2
245 x 0
195 x 5
205 x 4
135 x 17 (burnout)

Crossfit - "Handbanana"
18" box jumps x 10
Jump ropes x 50
Push ups x 10
Ab twists @ 12 lbs x 20
Wallshots @ 20 lbs x 10

4 rounds, timed:
2:01,2:02,2:07,2:02
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w162/Atrox_Mortis/Joe-Bench-225-04142007.jpghttp://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w162/Atrox_Mortis/Joe-Bench-205-04142007.jpg

Lotsa bench today. We started off with some bench. Then did some more bench. Then some more bench, before closing out the night with some bench before doing crossfit.

Ammotroop
04-14-2007, 10:08 PM
Nice workout pimpin! I see you did the 135 burnout I love so much! Nice

offhegoes03
04-15-2007, 11:01 AM
looking good man

Coke
04-16-2007, 04:57 AM
Liked them burnouts on your final set of flat benching...shiat is tight for you nowadays, that's great!!

Atrox Mortis
04-17-2007, 08:47 PM
Welp, got a little lax in updating this thing. Here's the past few workouts

4/14/07

BB Deadlift
135 x 8
225 x 6
275 x 6
315 x 5
315 x 4
315 x 4

BB Mil Press
45 x 8
65 x 8
85 x 6
95 x 6
115 x 5
135 x 0
95 x 4

Not really the greatest workout ever. I think my body was pissed off since it was a saturday and I hadn't done anything all day but eat and sleep so it thought it was getting the day off. Energy levels were real low and Kiaran and I decided to forgo crossfit.

4/17/07

BB Bent Row
95 x 10
135 x 8
155 x 8
165 x 6
185 x 4
185 x 4

BB Speed Bench
115 x 3 x 8 sets

Crossfit - "The Suck"
Burpees x 10
Box Jumps @ 18" x 10
Pullups x 10
DB Swings @ 20 x 10

5 rounds timed: 1:46, 1:46, 1:57, 1:44, 2:04

Last time we did The Suck was not quite 3 weeks ago. So far I've managed to carve an average of about 40 seconds off my time, and that was using the big-kid box as opposed to the 12" like last time. Still having to do the jumping pullups though, the lats aren't quite up to hoisting my fat ass up into the air yet.

Edit: pics
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w162/Atrox_Mortis/Joe-BentRows-185-04172007.jpghttp://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w162/Atrox_Mortis/Joe-DBRaises-04172007.jpg

Atrox Mortis
04-18-2007, 10:57 PM
4/18/07 - Squats, Emeril style

BB Squat
135 x 8
185 x 8
225 x 10 (raw)
255 x 8 (raw)
285 x 6
315 x 4
345 x 2
225 x 4

Upright Row
70 x 8
90 x 8
110 x 4

Crossfit - "Sledgehammer, Mother******"
Rowing x 150m
Pushups x 25
Tire Strikes x 15/side
Reverse Situps x 15
Slams @ 20lbs x 15

3 rounds timed: 3:18, 3:35, 3:25

Felt really good today. Kiaran was all saying he wanted to 'make his legs sing' today so we kicked it up a notch on the squats. Felt pretty solid, had a little hitch at 345. Hopefully I'll be able to push 4pps by the end of the summer. Definitely glad to have some time off coming up, this one really ruined my legs.

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w162/Atrox_Mortis/Joe-Squats-315a-04182007.jpghttp://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w162/Atrox_Mortis/Joe-Squats-315b-04182007.jpg
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w162/Atrox_Mortis/Joe-RevCrunch-04182007.jpg

Kiaran
04-18-2007, 11:35 PM
Dude, your squatting was ****ing awesome tonight. Really well done with that ****. Can't wait to see you cross over 365 and up. Good stuff when your quad finally cramped up at the end; certainly took enough punishment. Going to sleep now. We'll hit it again Saturday. BTW, where's the pic of you crushing the tire? That one was classic.

Coke
04-19-2007, 05:52 AM
Stepping to it on all levels...no doubt those are some top notch efforts, especially them squats.

offhegoes03
04-20-2007, 04:03 PM
looking awesome man, keep it up and you'll get 4pps on the squats

Ammotroop
04-21-2007, 07:07 AM
Squats are tough. Nice work man!

Atrox Mortis
04-26-2007, 11:09 PM
4/21/07

BB Benchpress
95 x 10
135 x 10
185 x 10
205 x 6
225 x 4
185 x 8

Pullovers
20 x 10
40 x 8
60 x 7

This one kinda sucked. Neither kiaran or I was really into it, so we hit some bench, some pullovers, gave crossfit the finger, and took some time off.

Atrox Mortis
04-26-2007, 11:18 PM
4/25/07
Deadliftapalooza '07, live at Kiaran's garage.

Deadlifts
135 x 8 wo
185 x 8
225 x 10
275 x 8
315 x 7
405 x 1
365 x 1

Crossfit - "Blueballs"
SB CnP x 10
Jumpropes x 100
Ab Crawls x 10/side
Crunches x 15
Tire Jumps x 10

3rx timed: 3:41, 3:37, 3:27

This was one of those deadlift workouts that just got outta control. Due to some outside factors we had extra time off, so Kiaran and I were both chomping at the bit to get going, so we just kept piling on the weight. 405 felt solid, if I hadn't shot my wad at 315 I probably could have pulled 440, but I got about an inch off the ground and failed. Crossfit times have improved markedly, I'm running on average a minute faster on blueballs than the last time I hit it.

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w162/Atrox_Mortis/Joe-Deadlift-405-04252007.jpghttp://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w162/Atrox_Mortis/Joe-AbCrawls-04252007.jpg

Atrox Mortis
04-26-2007, 11:31 PM
4/26/07

BB Bench
135 x 8 wo
185 x 8
205 x 6
225 x 4
225 x 4
225 x 1+1

Pullups (assisted)
12 (jump)
5 x 1 band
5 x 2 band
5 x 2 band

Long day today, took out my aggressions on the bench. No crossfit today, but after maxing deads and tangling with ol' ****ty yesterday, I wasn't really feeling up to crossfit. My lower back feels like someone cracked a baseball bat across it a few times.
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w162/Atrox_Mortis/Joe-Bench-185-04262007.jpghttp://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w162/Atrox_Mortis/Joe-Bench-225-04262007.jpghttp://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w162/Atrox_Mortis/Joe-Pullups-04262007.jpg

Kiaran
04-26-2007, 11:38 PM
Damn fine work on the bench tonight, man. That **** was insane and there is no way I can keep up with that :) Really making good gains lately. Don't worry bout the pullups, you'll get them going soon enough. Have a good weekend, man.

Coke
04-27-2007, 06:06 AM
Ace back-to-back training days man.

offhegoes03
04-27-2007, 07:36 AM
looking awesome man, crossfit seems to be helping a lot overall

Atrox Mortis
04-30-2007, 11:29 PM
Kiaran, CoCoa, offhegoes - Thanks for the support guys. You guys constantly stopping in to lend a friendly word has done wonders for my motivation.

4/30/07

Squats
135 x 8 wo
185 x 8
225 x 10 (raw)
275 x 7 (raw)
315 x 5
365 x 2 (pr +1 rep)

Mil Press
45 x 10 wo
65 x 6
85 x 8
115 x 5
135 x 3
135 x 2
95 x 10 (burnout)

Not a bad workout today. Wasn't really feeling into it, but still managed to put up some good numbers on squats. Gave crossfit a pass today since Kiaran and I both were a little wasted in the legs department.
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w162/Atrox_Mortis/Joe-Squat-365c-04302007.jpghttp://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w162/Atrox_Mortis/Joe-Squat-365b-04302007.jpg
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w162/Atrox_Mortis/Joe-Squat-365a-04302007.jpghttp://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w162/Atrox_Mortis/Joe-Squat-315-04302007.jpg

Coke
05-01-2007, 06:21 AM
Staying on top of your game, great job on the squats and millies dude.

offhegoes03
05-01-2007, 09:38 AM
solid squatting and milli pressing.. I need to start adding millies back into my routine.

Atrox Mortis
05-02-2007, 01:36 AM
Offhegoes, CoCoa - thanks for dropping by guys. I appreciate the support.

05/01/2007

Bench Press
95 x 8 wo
135 x 8 wo
185 x 8
205 x 6
225 x 5
225 x 4
230 x 3
230 x 2
135 x 22 (burnout)

Pullups (jump)

Crossfit - "Handbanana"
18" box jumps x 10
Jump rope x 50
Pushups x 10
Ab Twists @ 12 lbs x 20
Wall Shots @ 20lbs x 10
4rx timed: 1:51,1:33,1:31,1:25

INSOMNIA AHOY
Good workout today. Real meatgrinder in bench today. 225 was a big scary number for me for a long time. Hit that goal, and am slowly surpassing it. Probably gonna be baby steps on bench gains from now on, but that's alright, it's getting closer to where I want it to be every day. Lats are starting to come along. I'm slowly working down from the 12" box to lower platforms for the jumping assist and getting a bigger range of motion on the negative. Pullups are still my bane, but hopefully they'll come along. Crossfit sucked since DOMS from yesterday's squat routine's setting in, but I was still pretty happy with the numbers overall.
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w162/Atrox_Mortis/Joe-WallShots-05012007.jpghttp://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w162/Atrox_Mortis/Joe-BoxJumps-05012007.jpg
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w162/Atrox_Mortis/Joe-AbTwists-05012007.jpghttp://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w162/Atrox_Mortis/Joe-Bench-225-05012007.jpg

Coke
05-02-2007, 05:50 AM
Working hard as hell and gradually raising up - :thumbup:

offhegoes03
05-04-2007, 05:28 PM
looking really good man, keep up the hard work

Atrox Mortis
05-06-2007, 12:45 PM
Offhegoes, Coke - thanks for stopping by guys.

5/4/07

Deadlift
135 x 8 (wo)
185 x 8 (wo)
225 x 5
275 x 5
315 x 5
365 x 4
385 x 3

Upright Rows
40 x 8
70 x 8
90 x 6
110 x 5
120 x 5

Not a bad workout. Deads kinda got out of control, I really wasn't expecting to pull 3 x 385. Back's pretty much owned today. No injuries, but more 'OMG WTF ARE YOU DOING' 1st day back style DOMS.
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w162/Atrox_Mortis/Joe-Deadlift-385-05042007.jpghttp://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w162/Atrox_Mortis/Joe-Deadlift-365b-05042007.jpghttp://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w162/Atrox_Mortis/Joe-Deadlift-365-05042007.jpg

offhegoes03
05-06-2007, 05:42 PM
solid man, I'm sure your back was hurting pretty bad after this session

Ammotroop
05-07-2007, 01:18 PM
Good work on the deads. Push and push until you fall over.

Coke
05-08-2007, 05:35 AM
Nice stuff with the deads and upright rows dude.

Bako Lifter
05-08-2007, 07:07 PM
Hey, I didn't know you worked out with Kiaran :whazzup: . Nice progress man, keep up the good work :thumbup:

Atrox Mortis
05-20-2007, 11:31 PM
Offhegoes, CoCoa, Ammo - Thanks for stopping in guys. Always appreciate a kind word.
Bako Lifter - Yeah man, Kiaran and I have been partners in crime for quite some time. Any friend of his is a friend of mine, etc. etc.

Well, been kinda lax in updating this lately. Been a lot of stuff going down outside the gym, plus I managed to get one of my patented sinus infections that put me down for about a week. Without further ado:

5/09/07
Squats
135 x 8 (wo)
225 x 5 raw
275 x 5 raw
315 x 5 raw
135 x 12

Box Squats
135 x 5 x 7

Mil Press
45 x 8
65 x 6
85 x 6
95 x 4
115 x 4
135 x 3

Not a bad day overall. Kinda turned into a DE/form day, Kiaran and I spent most of the evening doing light weights, box squats, and picking each others' form apart.

5/16/07
Bench
95 x 6
135 x 5
155 x 5
185 x 5
205 x 5
225 x 7
245 x 2
265 x 1 (spotted)

Pullups
BW x 5
BW x 5
BW x 5
BW x 5

First day back after being down a week with a sinus infection. A lot of pent up energy in here, I was really chomping at the bit to get back into the swing of things. I think I could have nailed 265 easy if I hadn't shot my wad at 225.

5/17/07
Deadlift
135 x 5 wo
225 x 5
275 x 5
315 x 5 raw
365 x 5
365 x 5
225 x 10

Crossfit
18" box jump x 20
Rev. Crunch x 25
Rowing 250m
Crunches x 50
2rx timed: 3:17, 4:04

This one kinda sucked. Deads were decent enough. I was still kind of in doubt of being able to perform in crossfit since my respritory system had so recently been violated by 10 million unpleasent microbes. Kiaran decided to build a 'light' crossfit for us. Yeah, that didn't pan out so well. 3pps raw deadlifts + extraordinarily core heavy crossfit = http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w162/Atrox_Mortis/emot-barf.gif

Times on that were horrid, mostly because I had to take rest breaks during the workout lest I have to sprint over to the fun bucket and upchuck my lunch.

Coke
05-21-2007, 09:18 AM
Too bad you had been under the weather dude…glad to see you bounce right back and get into the groove.