PDA

View Full Version : Amount of calories..

Vsire
10-04-2005, 07:33 AM
I am starting to pay alot more attention on calories nowadays and I was wondering..how much calories are recommended for a person bulking and cutting respectively?

For example, if a 200lb guy wants to lean down, the amount of calories should be 200lbs (his BW) multiply by how much?

Same goes for bulking thanks!

Unreal
10-04-2005, 07:38 AM
Thats for you to find out. Track them and see how much it takes. Everyone is different. I know during school my maintence goes up over 400 a day because I walk 3-4 miles durng a normal school day lugging my 40lb backback around campus. During summer sitting at a desk 9 hours a day I wasn't burning nearly as much.

www.fitday.com is your friend. Use it.

malkore
10-04-2005, 01:59 PM
You can use a calorie calculator for a starting point ( http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm# ) but as Unreal states, everyone's different, so really you need to start someone, go a couple weeks, check progress, make adjustments if necessary, then repeat...until you get things dialed in for YOU. Two same size men might have a 700 calorie difference per day for cutting, simply due to how physical their jobs are, and the rest of their lifestyle outside of the gym.