PDA

View Full Version : Reverse cheat

Jorge Sanchez
10-06-2005, 12:57 PM
So I've been bulking and I've gained about 20lbs and I figure I still have another 5-10 to go before I am where I want to be. However, I have stopped gaining on 4000cals and I find it difficult to find the time and will to eat much more than that. I know I am just being a whinny bitch and lots of people on here eat alot more that that.

But, my question is if I have one day where I eat below maintenance will this slow my metabolism down to the point where I will begin to gain again?

spencerjrus
10-06-2005, 01:50 PM
So I've been bulking and I've gained about 20lbs and I figure I still have another 5-10 to go before I am where I want to be. However, I have stopped gaining on 4000cals and I find it difficult to find the time and will to eat much more than that. I know I am just being a whinny bitch and lots of people on here eat alot more that that.

But, my question is if I have one day where I eat below maintenance will this slow my metabolism down to the point where I will begin to gain again?

I really don't think so, slowing down your metabolism to the point where you could bulk on the same amount of cals is much harder than getting your metabolism sped up slightly by increasing food consumption.

muscleup
10-06-2005, 01:54 PM
You could try dropping 200-300 cals below maint for 2 weeks and then jump it back up to 4k/day.

Or you could just eat more :D

Jorge Sanchez
10-06-2005, 01:59 PM
Ya, I've been thinking of cutting for a month or two just as a break from force feeding myself. The only thing holding me back is that I am still pretty lean and if I told anyone that I was trying to lose weight they would be like "what the hell is wrong with you?"

I guess I'll have to go with option two.

spencerjrus
10-06-2005, 02:41 PM
Ya, I've been thinking of cutting for a month or two just as a break from force feeding myself. The only thing holding me back is that I am still pretty lean and if I told anyone that I was trying to lose weight they would be like "what the hell is wrong with you?"

I guess I'll have to go with option two.

I think thats the conclusion pretty much everyone comes to eventually. As painful as it is. :(

HILL
10-06-2005, 03:17 PM
try adding a 1000 calories shake in surely you have a spare minute to drink a shake

Anthony
10-06-2005, 03:56 PM
Milk is your friend.

Jorge Sanchez
10-06-2005, 05:31 PM
I don't use whey, but I guess the shake isn't a bad idea. I already drink at least 3L of milk a day.

I just gotta bite the bullet I guess. I'll just wake up early and have a bigger breakfast.