PDA

View Full Version : Questions on the phats of fats...

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-28-2001, 05:39 PM
Hey there you incredibly helpful people:)

I have a few questions for your beautiful selves:

Egg fat = good or bad? What are the EFA's in it if any?

Also, when people eat peanut butter with meals for the EFA's, how much do they eat (generally - i realise it will differ with body sizes)

I got some wholewheat peanut butter from the supermarket today, but i'm not sure if it is 'natural' beanut butter. It is Tesco's own brand. Here's the breakdown:

ingredients
Roasted peanuts (97%)
Palm oil
Sea salt

Does this sound natural to you?

Nutrition information
100g provide:
Energy - 590kcal
protein - 24.9g
Carbs - 10.1g (of which sugars 3.7g)
Fat - 50g {wow!...daddy..}
(of which saturates 9.5g
mono-unsaturates 24.1g
polyunsaturates 16.4g)
Fibre - 6.3g
Sodium - o.4g

How does that sound?

Is the protein complete?

And finally, on an unrelated note, is the protein in ice cream complete? Mmmmm...ice cream...~Huuugh~...

P.S. It doesn't actually say ''Wow!...daddy..'' on the bottle in case some divi thinks that it has...;)

Anthony
02-28-2001, 06:19 PM
I eat 2 tbsp of pb with each meal. The PB you bought is not natural ... better than most, but the only ingredient should be PEANUTS. I don't believe the protein in peanuts is complete.

Spiderman
02-28-2001, 06:38 PM
Chicken_Daddy,
A typical large egg has 4.5 g of fat, 1.5 of which is sat. The rest are mono/poly fats. The protein in an egg is complete protein. In fact, eating a whole egg will give you better quality protein then eating chicken or beef.
When and "If" I eat PB, ('cause I'm poor :( ) I'll have one or two Tablespoons, depending on how much fat I had in my meal.
From the looks of your PB stats the sat. fat looks a little high, but you probly won't be eatin 100g per serving. Palm Oil is generally not considered to be in the good fats category. I associate it in the category of hydrogenated oils and margarine. However, the monos and polys in the PB are good for ya..they play important roles in cholesterol management in the body. Now is it a complete protein? I'm betting that its not. A complete protein will have aminos in the right combinations and concentrations. Some examples of complete protein meals...(for vegetarians anyway)

soybeans+rice
Peas+Wheat
Beans+Corn
Lentils+Rice
Whole Grains+Sunflower Seeds

Hope this helps ya some bro. :cool:

Alex.V
02-28-2001, 07:13 PM
Soybeans are a complete protein, bud. ;)

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-01-2001, 05:38 AM
Thanks guys (and Anthony the hermaphrodite...)

MissAbs
03-01-2001, 08:33 AM
Egg yolks- very good source of fats.

No, Anthony is correct the peanut butter you have is not an all natural brand

How much to eat? Depends on how many grams of fat you are taking in per day and if you are on low/no carb diet.

If you are a low carber, then I find using walnuts and almonds are a better source of fiber and will give you less active carbs.

No ice cream is not a natural food. It is essential food group, just like protein, carbs and fats. ;).... Hey it is my story, I can tell it how I want to......

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-01-2001, 11:42 AM
Hahaha...ice cream is an essential food..Hahaha...i agree completely. Thanks for the info babe:)

the doc
03-01-2001, 01:43 PM
Man I can't live without my ice cream. After a couple days of tearing into baked animal flesh or eating unborn chickens- i can't wait to have some nice sweet creamy ice cream. Damn its good!

Defininitely an essential food group!

MissAbs
03-01-2001, 01:58 PM
See I knew I was right again........and even have back up and suport from the doc......

;)

Glad we could be of service CD-

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-01-2001, 04:17 PM
You always are miss abs:)

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-05-2001, 10:55 AM
So does egg yolkes have an EFA profile at all?