PDA

View Full Version : Whatsup guys im new on here...20 yrs old.

Cali4niaFitness
10-07-2005, 07:28 PM
:)

getfit
10-07-2005, 07:31 PM
nice work, upper body looking nice and lean ,how the legs?

what's your routine like now? and welcome to the board:)

Cali4niaFitness
10-07-2005, 07:44 PM
hey getfit thanks man my legs are probaby my weakest point. i have nice build on my thighs but my calves are soo weak i hate em i dont even like to wear shorts because of that reason.

i havent been in the gym in 4 months, if i were to take current pictures u can see how much muscle mass that ive lost :(
so i currently dont have a routine..

even though i went 5 days a week and my workout schedule was pretty solid. i would say my actual routine needed ALOT of work because it was so scattered. Can any1 reccomend a good and thorough book?

the routine that i was on during those pics would be

monday:
chest

standard bench press 4 sets of 8-10 reps
incline bench press "same
decline bench press "same

and then the rest would depend sometimes i would do flys sometimes i would do other things

tuesday:
shoulders

(im so bad with names of certain exercises)
shoulder press? sometimes i would do it with a dumbbell sometimes i would do it with a bar
i woud do some other things too of course

wednesday:
Back

thursday:
arms

friday:
legs

MM
10-07-2005, 09:59 PM
Whatever happened to the 50 posts before pictures idea?

That was a good idea.

Cali4niaFitness
10-07-2005, 10:17 PM
can any1 reccomend any good books to checkout ?

justplainevil
10-07-2005, 10:50 PM
read some of the articles and other posts on the site it will probably help you find what youre looking for you

Cali4niaFitness
10-07-2005, 11:28 PM
^ the thing is i would rather get a book with all of the info right there just to start me off on my new routine than to search thru a bunch of posts that would take forever!

i guess i can do a little bit of both though. but if someone can reccomend a good book for me i would greatly appreciate it :)

settogain
10-08-2005, 06:19 PM
Mike Mentzer has a good book that I can recommend. I can't remember the title exactly, but check out Mentzer on Google search or something. It is good for routines, diet etc. for putting on mass.

Gabrielle
10-08-2005, 08:29 PM
looking good for time spent working out..I can tell you have good quads by the first pic. Anyways, keep it up

rk77
10-09-2005, 12:34 PM
height and weight?

Cali4niaFitness
10-16-2005, 01:55 AM
height and weight?

5'10 165 :(

Built
10-16-2005, 02:33 AM
You look pretty darned good to me!

Nice to see you work your leggies - what do you do for 'em?

Oh, and there's a great article on calves - the magic trick seems to all be in the pause at the bottom... http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=172

Cali4niaFitness
10-16-2005, 02:41 PM
^ thanks built! thats exactly what i need to work on..

my calves are so weak, i want to be able to wear shorts.
thats my main focus and also i want to get bigger but i want to look really lean...i see some guys get big but they look bulky and "short limbed" if you know what i mean i dont like that look. i like long and lean im just not sure how i can get bigger without looking bulky.

TwiloMike
10-16-2005, 06:50 PM
Cali4niaFitness,

Good work. You look damn good and lean. Nice profile shot.

Built,

Thank you for linking up the calf suggestion- I will incorporate it starting next week (I've got the same issue).

Chiznarles
10-17-2005, 09:26 AM
if its your calves that you are worried about, i would suggest hitting them about 2 times a week.. you can incorporate them into another workout like on chest or shoulders day at the end.. calves tend to heal pretty quickly so there shouldn't be a problem with twice per week.

Cali4niaFitness
10-17-2005, 09:01 PM
what do u guys suggest for bulking up but still having your muscles looking long and lean? i dont want the boxy stubby appearance so many weightlifters have.

MuscD_Unit
10-20-2005, 01:21 PM
hEY how's it going? Well, your definitely not a lost case thats for sure! You seem to have a great phyisque.. Well you still have your work cut out for you but your definitely on the right path.. I can see you definitely gaining some mass and definition in no time.. :)

MuscD_Unit
10-20-2005, 01:25 PM
Hey Dude, best thing to do is to have a high intake of protein, the more the better I say.. Also remember Carbs can be your best friend or your worst enemy... Bon appitite.. :burger: :fart: :drooling: :micro:

Cali4niaFitness
10-21-2005, 07:47 PM
^ i read one gram of protein per lb. of body weight is sufficient

what do you guys think