PDA

View Full Version : Do I hafta cheat? Am I cheating?

Mercuryblade
10-09-2005, 05:20 PM
Basically I don't really like junk food a whole lot, so I don't really ever go nuts from not eating cake or fastfood. I hear cheat days are good at keeping the old metabolism in check, basically the only thing in my diet that isn't perfect is the fact that I drink on the weekends, usually 10-15 drinks on a friday and saturday (thats per night) night depending how crunky I want to get (You're only in college once so giving up drinking is out of the question), anyway, I know alcohol impedes progress, blah blah blah. But calorically thats a big extra boost to my diet, so in theory its like a cheat day isn't it? I mean 12 beers at 110 calories each equals 1320 extra calories. Thoughts?

getfit
10-09-2005, 05:22 PM
you count your calories from drinking? oh dear.

it's not a cheat day it's a getting hammered day :D

D Breyer
10-09-2005, 05:22 PM
to get big everybody knows you need a cheat day of STRICTLY cake.

rk77
10-09-2005, 05:23 PM
If ur gonna cheat, I'd say beer is a fine choice. Prob. the worst choice for your body but beer is damn good. Plus 1300 cals from cookies and cake vs 1300 from beer prob makes little difference.

Built
10-09-2005, 05:23 PM
Hmmm, calories, yes, but alcohol interferes with protein synthesis.

Try junk food. At least that's anabolic.

Mercuryblade
10-09-2005, 05:35 PM
Hmmm, calories, yes, but alcohol interferes with protein synthesis.

Try junk food. At least that's anabolic.

Yeah but junk food doesn't make me feel better about lifes problems and make girls prettier j/k. Yeah I know, its not as good as a cheat could be but I was wondering basically just how bad it is.

getfit
10-09-2005, 05:46 PM
don't sweat it @ 144lbs go ahead and cheat.

tj_muller
10-10-2005, 06:30 AM
whoa. I thought "cheating" was just some crap people cutting calories did.
Is this for people bulking as well?

HILL
10-10-2005, 06:49 AM
You can have cheats on buling as well as you can class a cheat as something that is not in your daily calories or a cheat meal like pizza or indian something you wouldnt normally eat or a cheat day were you do whatever you want. When i was bulking i liked a cheat day because i ate less i didnt have to force feed myself

tj_muller
10-10-2005, 06:55 AM
I hate forcing my self to eat... I think we got pizza in the frigg... should I go for it?

Praetorian
10-10-2005, 09:21 AM
I'm sure you can find healthier bulk option then pizza.

TOBART
10-10-2005, 10:20 AM
Don't you find that drinking that much every weekend effects your workouts during the week? How is your diet over the weekend?

I know when I drink heavy, I hardly eat anything that night then my sleep gets messed up, my diet is crap the next day or two and my lifts all go down. As a result, I lose weight.

spencerjrus
10-10-2005, 10:23 AM
I like to make deals with myself. Like, I'l eat this cheeseburger and then go to the gym. But instead of going to the gym I eat a cake.

getfit
10-10-2005, 10:23 AM
I hate forcing my self to eat... I think we got pizza in the frigg... should I go for it?
having a pizza won't change a thing go for it.

tj_muller
10-10-2005, 11:03 AM
I did, it was good. Now back to and broccoli and whey.

DannyboyXJ
10-10-2005, 01:36 PM
lol, this is kind of funny.

I dunno about you guys ( I guess age may make a difference ), but I'm 19 and weigh 150 (yay, gained 10lbs) neway, I'm currently bulking and I eat "healthy" but I'll have a piece of pizza here and there, a burger here and there, etc. Though 80%+ of what I eat is grilled chicken and stuff (healthy stuff)...

I find that the little cheating I do does NOTHING to hurt my bulking. If you feel you're gianing too much fat, stop cheating so much. You HAVE to cheat sometimes; you'll go crazy if you dont... (IMO). Just keep it to a minimum and you should be fine. Eat up!

--Dan.

tj_muller
10-10-2005, 03:14 PM
That's good to know. I really don't like food that much that I get to the point were I NEED it. I used to be like that, but now I honestly rather have oatmeal over anything really. I think it's a result of dieting for so long with out cheating.. you adapt to it i guess. It is good to know now when I go out I can eat with everyone else and not be the guy eating the power bar in the pizza shop. ;\