PDA

View Full Version : Shakes with oats!

Invain
10-10-2005, 02:18 PM
Made my first one today. I gotta admit, I thought you all were crazy at first, dumping oats into your shakes, but not that I've tried it I can see it doesn't taste bad at all, just as long as it's ground up enough, lol.

Speaking of oats, what else do you guys add to your shakes to give it some thickness? When I drink a shake, I want it to be nice and thick. Was thinking about plain yogurt, that should work right?

Sensei
10-10-2005, 02:32 PM
I've tried most things, but some of the things that I've tried in protein shakes that weren't bad (and some of these are old stand-bys): milk, soy milk, ice cream, yogurt, cottage cheese, wheat germ, pancake batter, peanut butter, raw eggs, egg beaters, ice, and fruit juices

*A note about the raw eggs: I'm certainly not advocating it, but in the years I used them in shakes I never got sick from them.

HILL
10-11-2005, 01:23 AM
I have peanut butter, ice ,milk, whey sometimes banana or berries

bIgHwN86
10-11-2005, 01:28 AM
I've tried most things, but some of the things that I've tried in protein shakes that weren't bad (and some of these are old stand-bys): milk, soy milk, ice cream, yogurt, cottage cheese, wheat germ, pancake batter, peanut butter, raw eggs, egg beaters, ice, and fruit juices

*A note about the raw eggs: I'm certainly not advocating it, but in the years I used them in shakes I never got sick from them.

hmm...never tried cottage cheese..maybe i should give that a try..
I remember my favorite ice cream to put in my shake was rocky road.....yum!

Mercuryblade
10-11-2005, 01:30 AM
Peanut butter and oats makes a great thick shake

muscleup
10-11-2005, 07:55 AM
Banana
Protein powder
Oats
Live Chicken
Whole Milk
PB
Juice
Ground beef
Rasin Bran
Mashed potatos
In no particular order

D Breyer
10-11-2005, 05:51 PM
egg beaters??? how do those taste in a shake?

Invain
10-11-2005, 08:00 PM
Banana
Protein powder
Oats
Live Chicken
Whole Milk
PB
Juice
Ground beef
Rasin Bran
Mashed potatos
In no particular order

Haha, awsome. I gotta try a live chicken in my next shake.

Mercuryblade
10-11-2005, 08:05 PM
How do the chicken feathers taste

thajeepster
10-11-2005, 08:13 PM
add in a little xanthan gum, that will thicken up water :D... makes for a great shake, just a 1/4 tsp or so, or you can use sugar free fat free pudding mix, a tbsp or two of that will not only make it taste great, but extremely thick. my fav is butterscotch.

reloaded
10-15-2005, 10:48 AM
I've found that walnuts really help to make a shake thick.

muscleup
10-15-2005, 01:03 PM
Everytime I add PB to my shakes things tunr out really gross. Then I have to add more milk and keep blending it, or just bite the bullet and grab a spoon...

Invain
10-16-2005, 07:25 PM
Pb blends just fine for me, tastes awsome too.

I did try adding pb to my oat's a couple days ago, and I almost threw up, couldn't even finish it. Man, I don't know how people can stand pb in their oatmeal.

getfit
10-16-2005, 07:29 PM
Pb blends just fine for me, tastes awsome too.

I did try adding pb to my oat's a couple days ago, and I almost threw up, couldn't even finish it. Man, I don't know how people can stand pb in their oatmeal.
you can always make pb-oat cookies mmmmm :D

Wild Cat McCane
10-16-2005, 07:46 PM
my shakes always include
whey,
milk,
peanut butter,
olive oil,
oats...surprised you guys don't like them. I eat them by themselves,
banana,
yogurt