PDA

View Full Version : pizza

smalls
12-28-2001, 05:13 PM
Just thought I would share some recipes for pizza type thingys I have been making lately, since I always get new ideas here, I though I would share.

I make these one crisp thin crust things that I consider pizzas but really arent.

You just use whole wheat tortillas and heat them up on a pan so they get crisp. Then throw some fat free cheese and top and whatever else(like veggies) then I just cover it with ground beef and some salsa. mmm. Not really a pizza but i cut it with a pizza cutter into fours, and I like pizza so I pretend.

For a real pizza you can buy this italian bread in the pizza crust section, thats made with real whole wheat. The ingredient list is only has like 6 things and the first is whole wheat(not enriched) so its pretty good. Just put the same cheese and some tomatoe paste(mixed with water) on and some chicken or ground beef or whatever and heat it up. Its gooood.

Anyway, sometimes I get stuck in a rut, eating the same thing, and I see things here that I wouldnt think of, so enjoy.

syntekz
12-28-2001, 09:22 PM
toast, pizza sauce, cheese, chicken, and an oven turned to 'broil'

yumm!

CBates
12-28-2001, 10:15 PM
What I usually do when I'm craving pizza, but on a pretty strict cutting diet, is use the hand made pizza dough kit (has less carbs and fat than the pre made), use pizza sauce, fat free cheese, and cut up a lots of chunks of baked chicken, peppers, and shrooms. Taste damn good for a low fat, med carb, high protein meal..

Wizard
12-29-2001, 03:57 AM
Even when you're dieting,a slice of pizza(regular like pizza hut) won't hurt you.Having low fat pizzas may lead to overeating...

CBates
12-29-2001, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by Wizard
Even when you're dieting,a slice of pizza(regular like pizza hut) won't hurt you.Having low fat pizzas may lead to overeating...

You're not overeating if your only having 2 or 3 slices right? It seems though if you have 2 or 3 slices of regular pizza you'd add a lot of carbs and fat both.. But I can see where a lot of people would think that it's low fat they can eat a whole pizza and be fine though so....

syntekz
12-29-2001, 09:01 AM
1 slice of pizza hut pizza has about 300 calories. i wouldn't reccomend eating 2 - 3 slices a habit, it's probably not a healthy one to start.

CBates
12-29-2001, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by syntekz
1 slice of pizza hut pizza has about 300 calories. i wouldn't reccomend eating 2 - 3 slices a habit, it's probably not a healthy one to start.

Sorry, didn't make my last message very clear.. I was talking about 2 or 3 slices of the low fat pizza.. Yeah, 2 or 3 slices of regular pizza is pretty bad.. Anyway, I make the pizza that I was talking about earlier in the thread maybe once a month, so it's not like I just go crazy on it and eat it a few times a week..

Wizard
12-29-2001, 01:27 PM
If you have discipline everything's ok.

McBain
01-01-2002, 07:03 AM
what about a whole pizza?? sometimes resisting temptation is just too hard, ill just change my diet to 'bulking' so i can accomodate.

Ferdo
01-05-2002, 02:09 PM
I tried the toast pizza, Its frickin awsome! Try this you will not need anymore takeout!

IceRgrrl
01-05-2002, 02:12 PM
Toast/pita/bagel/flatbread pizzas are awesome :)

I also like a thin pizza crust with tomato sauce, hot peppers, onions, and olives and maybe a little part-skim mozzerella on top.

When I lived in a dorm, I used to make pita pizzas in my little toaster oven with tomato sauce and cottage cheese.

Canadian Viking
01-25-2002, 07:22 PM
English muffins sliced in half, topped with what ever, broil, yum!!
Emmmm....p....i.....z......z......a!!!!!