PDA

View Full Version : Tough routine

ilankaplan1
10-11-2005, 08:03 PM
Recently, I've been having a lot of trouble fitting my weights into a routine with other sports. I take boxing and Brazilian Jiu-jitsu and its been really hard to lift weights as well. I have been managing and making gains but i need help making a solid routine. I would like to hit all my muscles twice a week and these are my routines so far:

Day 1 -
Bench Press - 5 sets
Behind Neck Presses - 3 sets
Upright Rows - 3 sets
Rear Delt Rows - 5 sets
Skull Crushers - 5 sets

Day 2 -
Deadlifts - 5 sets
Shoulder Shrugs - 5 sets
Curls - 5 sets
Lat Pulldowns - 5 sets

Day 3 -
Cable Crunches - 5 sets
Neck Flexation - 3 sets
Neck Extension - 3 sets
Wrist Curls - 3 sets
Reeverse wrist curls - 3 sets
Leg Extention/ Squat - 5 sets
Calf Raises - 5 sets

My schedule is tuesday = boxing wednesday = BJJ Thursday =Boxing Saturday = BJJ

My problem is i dont want to lift on the same day i go to the gym except saturday, and i dont want to do day 1 the day before boxing. I think its possible to work it out but its really difficult. Im real serious about everything and i really appreciate any help. sorry If it is too confusing.

Rekx
10-11-2005, 08:36 PM
Dude...if you are a boxing and martial arts athlete, then why the bodybuilding rountine? Do you really want to be lugging all that extra muscle around making you slow. Focus on strength endurance, flexibility, explosiveness. Check out some of Steve Maxwells articles. Go to my link below, go to the DragonDoor strength forum link, and do a search. You'll find Maxwell's stuff in the articles section. Let me know if you have any questions.

d'Anconia
10-11-2005, 10:23 PM
I disagree with Rekx. I think bodybuilding and martial arts complement each other very well. Bodybuilding will not take away from any flexibility or explosiveness in fact it'll make you faster.

ilankaplan1
10-12-2005, 04:29 AM
yea it definately helps and it definately does not effect speed or flexibillity or anything unless like after u lift cause ur obviously sore, but i really lift for strength, and i do lo w reps and everything.

MixmasterNash
10-12-2005, 08:02 AM
If you want to increase speed, train speed. Weights are one way to do this.

ilankaplan1
10-12-2005, 02:31 PM
no man i dont wanna train differently i just wanna fit in my weights with the rest of my schedule

bubba booey
10-12-2005, 02:54 PM
I would suggest full body on Monday (yes, that means upper and lower, such as deads, squats, flat bench and rows), then lower Friday, upper Sat.