PDA

View Full Version : Carbs + Water = Bloating?

FighterInSnatch
10-12-2005, 08:25 PM
Is it just me, or do you guys notice that when you drink alot of water and then eat alot of food, you look alot "Fatter"/"Bloated"? I drank maybe 1 1/2 gallons of water today at work, when I got home, I ate a **** load of food. I took a nap, and when i woke up and looked in the mirror, I WAS MAGICALLY FAT!?!?! But I always notice that in the morning, it looks like the swelling has gone down. Please explain. Thanx

Built
10-12-2005, 08:28 PM
Glycogen holds water.

Hell, SUGAR is hydrophilic - that bowl of candy that aunt Enid has in the parlour? Always all sticky and glued together? Pulls moisture from the air.

SpecialK
10-12-2005, 08:33 PM
I notice the exact same thing. If I were to take a photo of me right after waking up, and then another before I go to bed, I would swear I gained about 10 lbs right in my stomach/low back area. Heck, I can see a complete outline of my abs right after I wake up, but by the afternoon it's almost all washed out.

FighterInSnatch
10-12-2005, 08:40 PM
I notice the exact same thing. If I were to take a photo of me right after waking up, and then another before I go to bed, I would swear I gained about 10 lbs right in my stomach/low back area. Heck, I can see a complete outline of my abs right after I wake up, but by the afternoon it's almost all washed out.

Its scary though, cuz then I just want to dump the bulk and cut.

tj_muller
10-13-2005, 04:41 AM
This happens to me everyday, I'm bluking too. I drink an ass load of water and eat an ass load of food and actually gain like 5 lbs. When I wake up the next day it's all gone.
Doesn't actually mean you're getting fat.

FighterInSnatch
10-13-2005, 06:36 AM
This happens to me everyday, I'm bluking too. I drink an ass load of water and eat an ass load of food and actually gain like 5 lbs. When I wake up the next day it's all gone.
Doesn't actually mean you're getting fat.

Oh trust me, I've come to find this out. We should spread the word, because it can be quite discouraging.

rk77
10-13-2005, 07:10 AM
I find drinking does the exact opposite. After a night of drinking I look really lean and tight. Does anyone else find this? I assume its because im partially dehydraded because alchohol will do that.

mrwalken
10-13-2005, 07:39 AM
I find drinking does the exact opposite. After a night of drinking I look really lean and tight. Does anyone else find this? I assume its because im partially dehydraded because alchohol will do that.

Yep Yep, this is a huge bonus.
Get drunk, hook up with a girl, the next morning she'll see you and think you're way skinnier than you are. Works out nicely.
True story: A girl once told me the next morning "Wow, your body is like 0% fat." Haha, vodka is a beautiful thing

rk77
10-13-2005, 09:45 PM
haha yea man, so true. Its to bad that weekend of drinking does the exact opposite 4 days later....damn.

Shao-LiN
10-13-2005, 10:48 PM
What's so special about 4 days later?

rk77
10-14-2005, 06:48 AM
Nothin im just sayin theres a lot of cals in a weekend of drinking so it will lead to weight gain instead of looking ripped

Manveet
10-14-2005, 10:27 AM
Each gram of carb stores about 3g of water.

being bloated rules!