PDA

View Full Version : Bulking and using a Thermogenic?

Lean-N-Mean
10-12-2005, 11:30 PM
I have recently finished a cut. I got down to 150lbs with acceptable body fat results(aesthetically , not hard #'s , will get those Saturday) . Now I want to bulk up. I would like to get up to 165 to 170lbs with around the same % body fat. Time is not an issue , but hopefully no longer than a year. During my cut I was down to 1500 calories a day , working out , running , and taking a thermogenic (Thermo Shred). I am 5'9" , workout 6 times a week , run 2-3 times a week (2 miles every other morning). My main question is where should my calorie intake be? Also should I continue to use the thermogenic while trying to bulk ? I am currently at 154lbs. Here are my last 3 days macro and calorie info.
Day 1- 2,956- 75/253/315 (f/c/p)
Day 2- 2,754- 53/320/253 (f/c/p) (late night cereal blew my carbs up :) )
Day 3- 3,135- 64/285/336 (f/c/p)

Supplements are: creatine , glutamine , thermogenic , and multi vitamin.

Main source of Protein is whey , skim milk , chicken and tuna , and natty pb and yogurt.

Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

HILL
10-13-2005, 01:52 AM
their is no need for a thrermo while bulking as it just means ull have to eat even more doesnt it. Also find your maintanence and add say 700 cals if your not gaining enough in you opinion increase the cals again. Depending on wether u are worried about fat aim for 1 pound a week to keep fat to a minimum

FighterInSnatch
10-13-2005, 06:37 AM
their is no need for a thrermo while bulking as it just means ull have to eat even more doesnt it. Also find your maintanence and add say 700 cals if your not gaining enough in you opinion increase the cals again. Depending on wether u are worried about fat aim for 1 pound a week to keep fat to a minimum

Would Lipo 6 be a no go also?

HILL
10-13-2005, 06:50 AM
i cant see the need for any of thos etype of products as all the do is have a ephedirne type effect which increases ure body temp ect to burn more calls. Now if your bulking you need to get more calories in than your burning so you wouldnt want to be doing extra things to burn calories. Its like saying im bulking now so ill make sure i run to work and back. It doesnt make sense. Use the money loadsa of stake as those themrogenics are expensive

Lean-N-Mean
10-13-2005, 08:46 AM
i cant see the need for any of thos etype of products as all the do is have a ephedirne type effect which increases ure body temp ect to burn more calls. Now if your bulking you need to get more calories in than your burning so you wouldnt want to be doing extra things to burn calories. Its like saying im bulking now so ill make sure i run to work and back. It doesnt make sense. Use the money loadsa of stake as those themrogenics are expensive
That's what I thought as well , but I wasn't sure. I will save the rest until my next cut. Are my macro good or should I tweak them a little?

HILL
10-13-2005, 09:37 AM
As long as ure gaining weight yeh spot on. I would possibly up them fats abit aslong as there healthy fats 0.5g of fat per lbm is a minimum so u need atleast 75

Built
10-30-2005, 12:56 AM
Fats are good - 0.5g/lb LBM is a minimum. I like mine higher.

I wanted to add about the thermogen during a bulk - not a great idea if it contains ephedrine because ephedrine interferes with insulin sensitivity (good on a cut, bad on a bulk).