PDA

View Full Version : Protein supplement that mixes easily

ufc2005
10-13-2005, 08:28 AM
Can anyone recommend a protein supplement, preferably a recognized brand, that mixes easily without a blender? I've tried EAS precision protein in the past, but it doesn't mix at all without a blender. It would be great if I found one that dissolves easily in water, but milk would be fine too. I just don't want to have to use a blender/shaker.

Anthony
10-13-2005, 08:43 AM
Nitrean.

ufc2005
10-13-2005, 08:45 AM
Hmm..I knew Nitrean was bound to be recommended :) Can I get a money back guarantee if it doesn't dissolve easily? :D

Anthony
10-13-2005, 08:47 AM
Not my decision, but I can say that I frequently mix a scoop of nitrean in a glass of milk with a spoon with absolutely no problems. It dissolves as well as nestle quick.

ufc2005
10-13-2005, 08:52 AM
I was only kidding :D I trust you, more so because you use it yourself. Nitrean it is!

Anthony
10-13-2005, 08:59 AM
Well, I know some people might be turned off by all of us talking about Nitrean since it's a sponsor of the site, etc, etc, etc. But seriously, the stuff is great. The only people with financial ties to ALN are Daniel and Chris, so when the rest of us speak highly about a product you can be sure it's legit.

ShadyRensch
10-13-2005, 09:49 AM
Just for some more back up, I just purchased chocolate Nitrean. It mixes great. I've mixed it with water, milk, water-milk-oats, water-peanut butter. Mixes much better than the stuff I used to buy from GNC and it tastes good. Yep, get Nitrean.

getfit
10-13-2005, 10:04 AM
Nitrean hands down.

Rekx
10-13-2005, 10:26 AM
Optimum Nutrition.

phatmike
10-13-2005, 11:46 AM
Hi, my name is phatmike... and I'm a nitrean addict

PoutineEh
10-17-2005, 06:27 PM
cytosport whey protein. has the consitency of a powdered bag of hot chocolate. mixes just as easy too
only about $20 bucks for a 5lb tub at a1nutritionproducts.com

just giving you an alternative to nitrean. i also use nitrean as well and recommend it. by far the best protein. the cytosport is a good quality whey protein though and mixes even better than nitrean (not like i care too much about mixing since i always blend my shakes instead of mixing it with a spoon), although it doesnt have the different varities of protein that nitrean does.

DannyboyXJ
10-17-2005, 06:45 PM
GNC aint too bad

tj_muller
10-17-2005, 07:12 PM
What ever you do, don't buy EAS. I just did... clumpy... very.

mkerr
10-17-2005, 09:06 PM
i'm impressed with optimum nutrition.
i'm using the double choc at the moment, it's mixed better than anything i've ever tried.
i mix it with a spoon for a few seconds, let it sit for a minute, then mix again.

there's usually a few bits that don't fully mix, but for once they don't taste too bad at all!

Ricochet_kid
10-18-2005, 07:18 PM
Optimum in a shaker cup. Mixes up homogenously in a few seconds, and tastes great. I'm a big fan of the optimum. The cookies&cream flavor is even growing on me...

If you can get the Optimum with the gold emblem on the package, get those ones, there's more protein and more glutamine in them.

Ricochet_kid
10-18-2005, 07:32 PM
What ever you do, don't buy EAS. I just did... clumpy... very.

"To be is to do"
-Kant
:offtopic:

Alright, this is totally off topic, but I just thought your quote was funny because it is by a guy whose name is Kant. (Like Can't)
"To be is to do" - I Kant.

Ah well, it's late...

paisano
10-18-2005, 07:48 PM
I found that most of the pure whey isolates mix easily with just a spoon. The blended wheys tend to clump more. I use Nature's Best Isopure. I found this to be the best tasting and quickest dissolving powder. I never tried Nitrean, but it sounds good, I'll have to try that.