PDA

View Full Version : just started cutting today, how does my diet look?

jtteg_x
10-14-2005, 03:28 AM
i decided to start cutting as of today and i would like to hear some advice on my diet so far. heres my fitday for thursday.

also minus about 600 calories from 1:30 hr/min of weight lifting (free weights, heavyweight, 3x5 sets). and then another 200 cals from the eliptical cardio machine.

so total workout = burned about 800 cals

getfit
10-14-2005, 03:43 AM
maybe want to add some veggies to your diet

HILL
10-14-2005, 03:46 AM
so ure taking 800 off that meaning u only get 1000 cals a day atleast double ure cals and fat

Unreal
10-14-2005, 07:11 AM
way too low on fat. Plus, I would guess your cals are WAY off. Try not to use the sizes, but weights. Get a food scale. For awhile I was using 1 med banana, 1 medium steak, 3 medium chicken breast. Once I started actually weighing the food I noticed a HUGE difference.

ReelBigFish
10-14-2005, 11:35 AM
what's your weight, height, bf%, male or female? That's prob. way too low cals and you def. need to make sure you entered some of your food in right. I.E. you said you only ate 1oz of a can of tuna? did you mean 1 whole can? More veggies too.

jtteg_x
10-14-2005, 01:22 PM
i had a spring salad mix, i forgot to add it in. i did enter the food right, cause i pussed out and only ate half the can of tuna i was eating it raw and alone :redface:.

im also taking in supplements:
-whey protein (2-3 servings per day)
-multi-v (1 tablet day)
-green tea extract (2 caps per day)
-fish oil caps (2-4 caps per day)

so more veggies + fruits, any great foods to eat thats low in cals?

how many percent of my foods should be protein/fat/carb? i remember reading on of bullits(sp) post about how she said fat should be more than half of the food intake? maybe she was referring to healthy fat, but can someone clearify?

im 19, male, 5'7", 195.5lb (i weighed myself this morning @ 190.5lb). i dont know my bodyfat, but im obese and im damn sure im at least 20% bf. heres the only most recent photo i could find (lol):

Davidelmo
10-14-2005, 01:46 PM
Yep it looks like you have pretty high body fat.

There are some muscles there though, so a cut will do you good!

If I were you I'd actually cut down on the fats, especially the "bad" animal fats etc.

Built
10-14-2005, 02:37 PM
protein: 1.0+g/lb LBM

fat: 0.5+g/lb LBM

Carbs - whatever

For me, I like my protein at about 1.5g/lb LBM and fats at about 0.7g/lb LBM.

As long as you hit your minimums, you're find. Other than these LBM-dependent "dosings" of your essential macronutrients, you can ignore any concept of ratios. They don't matter.

Don't cut too fast! You'll burn off too much muscle! Drop by about 15-20% from maintenance calories.

So, for example, if your maintenance calories were 2800 a day, and you drop by 20% (we'll assume a LBM of 170 lbs for now), you'll want to get in 2240 calories, of which at least 170g are protein and at least 85g are fat.

Does this help?

muscleup
10-14-2005, 02:59 PM
i did enter the food right, cause i pussed out and only ate half the can of tuna i was eating it raw and alone :redface:.
I thought a regular 6oz can of tuna says:

Serving Size: 2oz drained
Servings: About 2.5

Doesn't that mean there are 5oz in a 6oz (regular)can of tuna?
1oz water & 5oz meat?

Am I missing something here? Wouldn't you have eaten 2.5oz if you only ate 1/2 a can?