PDA

View Full Version : Question about "Carb Cycling"

FighterInSnatch
10-15-2005, 07:35 PM
I'm finished with my bulk, and I'm ready to cut some serious fat without losing alot of muscle. I've heard that Carb Cycling works well. How much of my gains can I expect to lose? Is it possible to cut 15lbs of fat in 3 weeks, while keeping most of the muscle gained? The reason I'm saying 3 weeks is , that is when I see my girlfriend and I would like to surprise her. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanx guys and gals.

Ryan aka Fighter In Snatch

Unreal
10-15-2005, 07:42 PM
Most people go by 1lb a week. So 3 weeks, 3lbs. Can you lose 15lbs in 3 weeks, sure. Can you do it while maintaining your LBM, very very doubtful.

Shao-LiN
10-15-2005, 07:49 PM
15 pounds of fat in 3 weeks...good luck. I heard cocaine can help, though.

FighterInSnatch
10-15-2005, 07:52 PM
Well I'm kind of lost in gauging how much I should lose to look the way I want. In other words, I'm not sure how much I should lose.

Whats the most possible when Carb Cycling?

spencerjrus
10-15-2005, 08:03 PM
Why not just slowly and gradually reduce total calories until you start losing weight and then keep doing it until you have lost the desired amount of fat?

Built
10-15-2005, 08:09 PM
I carb cycle - I find it works really well - the lower carb days are the non-lifting days, and it's a LOT easier to control appetite when you keep your carbs low. These are also good days to do some steady-state cardio.

My diet is in the link in my sig. You know, the part you fellas skim past to get to the pictures...

TheGimp
10-15-2005, 09:05 PM
If you cut using carb cycling at a reason rate then you should experience no loss in LBM, if not a gain. For a rate of fat loss as extreme as you are looking for it sounds like you want a PSMF, although I doubt anything will let you lose 15 lbs of fat in 3 weeks.

FighterInSnatch
10-15-2005, 10:06 PM
If you cut using carb cycling at a reason rate then you should experience no loss in LBM, if not a gain. For a rate of fat loss as extreme as you are looking for it sounds like you want a PSMF, although I doubt anything will let you lose 15 lbs of fat in 3 weeks.

Where can I get info on PSMF?

Built
10-15-2005, 10:24 PM
Bunch of people doing PSMF on one of the boards I mod: www.beyondlowcarb.net

Manveet
10-15-2005, 11:09 PM
UD2.0, go buy the book. Even if you don't end up doing the diet, it's loaded with great information.

Built
10-16-2005, 02:17 AM
I just finished reading it. It's an excellent resource. But it's not quite the same as PSMF.

Shao-LiN
10-16-2005, 10:20 AM
Or you can go to Lyle's board http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/forums and get info from the man himself. You can also buy the e-book on that site.

In any event, PSMF is great for rapid weight loss, but 15 pounds of pure fat loss is still a stretch. You should also be prepared to feel like crap.