PDA

View Full Version : "The Turkey Sand-Which Diet?"

FighterInSnatch
10-16-2005, 04:39 PM
Would it be possible to eat 6 meals a day and the meals all be 1 turkey sandwich? I would use mustard as the condiment. I would have 1 cup of Fat free milk with 3 of those meals and a protein shake post-workout.

The bread nutritional facts are:
Calories: 40
Fat:1g
Sodium: 150mg
Carbs:10g
Fiber:5g

I'm trying to create a diet around the turkey sandwich. Is this possible? Suggestions would be great. Thanx

getfit
10-16-2005, 04:41 PM
alot of bread involved in those turkey sandwiches

Manveet
10-16-2005, 05:35 PM
Ya, why not?

You'll need to supplement with fish oil, whey, and a multi-vitamin though.

As long as total cals are in check, you should be fine.

Of course, that doesn't take into consideration any psychological issues.

FighterInSnatch
10-16-2005, 05:52 PM
Ya, why not?

You'll need to supplement with fish oil, whey, and a multi-vitamin though.

As long as total cals are in check, you should be fine.

Of course, that doesn't take into consideration any psychological issues.

Think I'll turn into a giant turkey sandwich man?lol.
Yes, I have fish oil, flax oil, and GNC multi that I will be taking in also.Thanx

Ryan aka Fighter In Snatch

Manveet
10-16-2005, 06:57 PM
Think I'll turn into a giant turkey sandwich man?lol.
Yes, I have fish oil, flax oil, and GNC multi that I will be taking in also.Thanx

Ya, as long as protein, EFAs, mineral/vitamins are accounted for, you could get away with a turkey sandwhich diet.

anasthetic
10-16-2005, 07:17 PM
It might be ok strictly for bbing purposes, but there are huge benefits to fruits and vegetables (as well as just about every "whole" food) which modern science is still unable to reproduce in pill form.

FighterInSnatch
10-16-2005, 07:25 PM
It might be ok strictly for bbing purposes, but there are huge benefits to fruits and vegetables (as well as just about every "whole" food) which modern science is still unable to reproduce in pill form.

I will include veggies and fruit when possible. Thanx

HILL
10-17-2005, 03:16 AM
As long as it meets ure micro requirment its not really a problem is it

tigo
10-17-2005, 03:34 AM
as long as its multigrain or wheat bread

and your macros meet up

dw06wu
10-17-2005, 12:03 PM
First off, deli turkey is really high in sodium, so keep that in mind. Second, you've obviously never done anything like this before.

You will get tired of turkey sandwiches after like 2 days man. If you manage to keep with it for a week, you are going to have the worst cheat day known to man.

Beast
10-17-2005, 12:21 PM
you manage to keep with it for a week, you are going to have the worst cheat day known to man.
lol, the story of my life.

Binge much? :)

FighterInSnatch
10-17-2005, 12:35 PM
First off, deli turkey is really high in sodium, so keep that in mind. Second, you've obviously never done anything like this before.

You will get tired of turkey sandwiches after like 2 days man. If you manage to keep with it for a week, you are going to have the worst cheat day known to man.

I've been eating probably 4-6 turkey sandwhichs a day for the past 2 months. I'm sure your right, but I will vary up the condiments that I use. As for the sodium, is this maybe a over exaggerated problem? Elaborate more on it if you can. Thanx alot.

Anthony
10-17-2005, 12:57 PM
Is it deli meat? And what kind of bread has 40 calories? My brown bread has 120 calories per slice.

dw06wu
10-17-2005, 01:26 PM
I've been eating probably 4-6 turkey sandwhichs a day for the past 2 months. I'm sure your right, but I will vary up the condiments that I use. As for the sodium, is this maybe a over exaggerated problem? Elaborate more on it if you can. Thanx alot.

You're better than me at this whole dieting thing, then. As for the sodium, I just said to keep it in mind. High sodium isn't much of a problem if you are taking in lots of water and exercising frequently (and are young). You will bloat and retain water, though. Try to get the healthy choice brand if they have that at your deli; I think it has less sodium in it.

D Breyer
10-17-2005, 04:12 PM
I am going to try this. mmmmm turkey and whey

FighterInSnatch
10-17-2005, 05:25 PM
Is it deli meat? And what kind of bread has 40 calories? My brown bread has 120 calories per slice.

I will be buying whatever is on sale.

Natures Own : Double Fiber Bread
It has the texture of cardboard. But does the trick.

Metro
10-17-2005, 11:02 PM
Did the turkey sandwhich thing. For 2 1/2 months I'd eat a turkey sandwhich for lunch...use the whole package of Turkey...can't recall the name...but it only had 1 g Fat per serving, a little high in sodium, and tons of protein. I used Nature's Own Double Fiber Bread as well...whole grain, low calories, and tons of fiber. I'd switch from mustard to spicy mustard...then I got to where I had to add some low fat sharp cheddar. Of course I ate my other 5 meals (egg beaters, cottage cheese w/fruit, natty pb fiber bread, 2 protein shakes), but I did lose over 50 lbs in that time frame.

Sadly, it got to the point to when I cracked open the ziplock bag to grab lunch, I'd gag, then force the sandwhich down. I can no longer even come close to them. Mission accomplished. I say go for it as long as you know you might never want to eat one again at some point...I think I made it longer than most would. Good luck!