PDA

View Full Version : whats the purpose of putting ice in a shake?

stargazer
10-16-2005, 07:06 PM
i read that a lot of people add ice to shakes when they also add oats and peatnut butter and what not. So, im just wondering if adding water would have the same effect, since i would imagine that the ice would turn to water once blended,

getfit
10-16-2005, 07:08 PM
just think of as a milk shake when you add crushed ice.

Shao-LiN
10-16-2005, 09:05 PM
i read that a lot of people add ice to shakes when they also add oats and peatnut butter and what not. So, im just wondering if adding water would have the same effect, since i would imagine that the ice would turn to water once blended,

You have faulty logic. Ever had a snow cone or a smoothie?

Beholder
10-16-2005, 09:30 PM
I was hoping this was a joke when I read it. Apparentally I am wrong.
Adding Ice to a shake turns makes it pretty much a milkshake. So if you drink it fast enough I dont think it will have enough time to turn completely into water..

HILL
10-17-2005, 03:13 AM
I add ice as it makes the drink really cold i only put 3 or 4 cubes in but have some ice init a mily drink crushed up tastes better to me really ice cold than warm and adding water even cold would have a different effect and ure shake would be watery and not as nice

gopher
10-17-2005, 01:07 PM
whats the purpose of putting ice in a shake?
To make it cold.

stargazer
10-17-2005, 03:15 PM
I was hoping this was a joke when I read it. Apparentally I am wrong.
Adding Ice to a shake turns makes it pretty much a milkshake. So if you drink it fast enough I dont think it will have enough time to turn completely into water..

heh, nope, not a joke. I was under the impression that people added ice to somehow make oats blend in better, becasue i read a view times that people had problems with oats being grinded up. I know that doesn't really make sense, but that's why i asked. Anyways, i added crushed ice to my oats/whey/PB/milk shake today, and the coldness definately did make it easier to drink. :cool: