PDA

View Full Version : Is Cardio with the WBB okay?

LogicalG
10-17-2005, 10:15 PM
First let me say, I am very new to working out. I currently weight 210, and would like to get to 190 by March. I am following the WBB Routine 1 as suggested. I am curious if for maximum weight loss if I should throw cardio in the routine (daily, once a week, etc), and if so, how much (1/2 hour, hour) and what is the most efficient heart rate for Cardio?

Unreal
10-17-2005, 10:18 PM
Weightloss is diet. You can do all the cardio in the world and never lose a pound unless your diet is good. HIIT for 20 minutes on off days can work wonders.

anasthetic
10-17-2005, 10:32 PM
Diet and weight training are most important, but cardio can be vital for many people on a cut. There no "best" kind of cardio; it varies from person to person. Experiment with HIIT, LISS, and possibly others. Just remember to read up on proper nutritional protocol for whatever cardio you choose to do in order to minimize muscle catabolism.

If your weight loss is stalling, you can do cardio every day. Ideally you want to seperate weights and cardio by 8 hours. If you do them in the same session, most people say to do weights first.

Try doing some searches on "cardio" HIIT and LISS to get you started. Search engines are your friend.

Kayo
10-17-2005, 11:39 PM
Diet and weight training are the key to weight loss I prefer to run in the morning Before breakfast on my off days then at night on my chest day.

Mercuryblade
10-18-2005, 01:50 AM
I run while I bulk, but under 8 miles a week, so when it's time to run again (Ie a month before spring break) running doesn't suck so much, but then again, don't listen to the guy that only weighs 145 lbs. But then again I was about the same composition I am now, and only weighed 132 pounds at this time last year.