PDA

View Full Version : Missing Pre and Post Workout Meals.

LogicalG
10-17-2005, 10:16 PM
Should I focus on Protien intake pre and post? Also how bad is it, not to eat pre and post workout for weight loss?

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
10-18-2005, 02:06 AM
You need some help with nutritional knowledge and from the looks of it, many other things as well. I suggest you read over this site using the search function at the top of the page. READ READ READ!

Not eating a pre and post workout meal is extremely terrible. Protein should probably be in every one of your meals. What's your diet like? What's your exercise routine like? Give as much information as you can so we can help you out here.

cakedonkey
10-18-2005, 03:04 AM
As scarz said, absolutely horrible. Pre/post-workout are two of your most important meals of the day. Arguably, THE most important. Get protein + creatine + carbs pre/post-workout every single day.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
10-18-2005, 04:23 AM
He doesn't need creatine, he needs to get his diet in check before he adds anything new.

dissipate
10-18-2005, 05:47 AM
read the pre/post-workout nutrition sticky

[[[----]]]
10-18-2005, 08:19 AM
Yes, you DO need pre and post workout meals. For weight loss, on the other hand I would use search or.....well....ask built:thumbup:, considering ive been bulking for like a year. Cardio in the a.m. should be alright on an empty stomach, but def have something post workout like some easily digestible whey and some dextrose.

bschatz88
10-18-2005, 09:03 AM
I think post workout is VERY important. Right after my workout I start loading up on protein shakes, peanut butter, milk, and beef and bean burritos.
Your muscles need fuel to recover after your workouts.

Shao-LiN
10-18-2005, 11:49 PM
You should limit, if not avoid, fat intake directly post-workout.

Built
10-19-2005, 12:17 AM
:withstupi

Protein and carb for post workout.

<winks at [[[----]]] > ;)

LogicalG, you'll lose weight if you lower your calories for the day.

You'll lose FAT if you somehow convince your body to hang onto LBM.

You do this by stimulating your muscles with heavy lifting, and they need to be fed for this - before, so you have enough energy to lift heavy, and after, so your body can repair the damage.

You don't exercise off fat: you diet off WEIGHT, and train (and feed) your muscles so they stick around while your body gets lighter (ie while you drop fat).

Does this help at all?

Are you tracking your calories on www.fitday.com?

I've been cutting, just getting set to go into a bit of a bulk - and I've done it by targeting lowfat, high protein and carb meals around my lifting - one protein and carb meal before, one or two after.

Hell, I even eat at bedtime. If the cals for the day put you in a deficit, it don't matter when you eat 'em. Spread your calories around so you get the most of them when you're at your hungriest - for me, this is the evening, after I lift.