PDA

View Full Version : Heavy cardio but keeping the bulk

Mercuryblade
10-18-2005, 10:32 PM
So winter is around the corner, and I'm trying to bulk up, but every Tuesday I get together with some friends and we play football for some time, tonight it was 4 hours, sprinting for 4 hours burns alot of calories. What would be the best way to combat the calorie loss, what are some good calorie dense foods that I should eat after this much excercise. Tonight I made a shake with 3 tbps natty pb, 1 small container of yogurt, 1 banana, 3 scoops of whey. Comments/suggestions?

Nongan
10-18-2005, 10:56 PM
Lol, don't worry about it too much. Just eat to make up for it. One night a week is not going to kill you. I play soccer for 3 hours every day, that makes it harder to maintain a bulk. Just on Tuesdays make yourself an extra shake, and maybe a big sandwich and you should be just fine.

Built
10-18-2005, 11:00 PM
Okay, here's my suggestion: IMMEDIATELY after this, knock back a protein shake with dextrose/malto. You want to get anabolic right away. Take a gram of vitamin C with this to combat cortisol.

After that, your pb/yogurt concoction or whatever food you want - eat eat eat!

If you can possibly sip a dilute dextrose and whey shake DURING your activity, it might not be a bad idea. You REALLY want it diluted, though.

I go for 3-hour bike rides every once in a while, and I always overeat at least a thousand calories on those days to make sure I don't go into caloric debt from it.

Mercuryblade
10-19-2005, 01:49 AM
Thanks for the suggestions, I need get some dextrose off the internet cause the GNC store here in town doesn't carry any. What about drinking gatorade to keep my blood sugar levels up?

tigo
10-19-2005, 04:17 AM
built, youre like a dictionary of nutri facts

wish i had a pocket sized built to bring everywhere haha