PDA

View Full Version : help w/ my diet

PBX4Sho
10-19-2005, 10:22 AM
ok, my diet is not very good at all right now, as a matter a fact, i dont think it could be called a diet =( I'm trying to lose as much body fat as i can, as quickly as possible. I am lifting, and doing cardio. How much protein/fat/cards should i look for and all? I eat alot of meat, salads sometimes, and i recently started having 1 serving of special K serial in the morn. and one a night around 7 P.M.
I just need a diet to lose this fat ASAP. thanks for any input.

getfit
10-19-2005, 10:25 AM
what are your stats?

post up your diet so we can see.

HILL
10-19-2005, 10:34 AM
As a guide aim for between 1 - 1.5g of protein per pound of bodyweight and as a minimum 0.5g of fat per pound of lean body mass

PBX4Sho
10-19-2005, 01:11 PM
how would i know my LBM? could carbs just be w/e then?

Built
10-20-2005, 12:21 AM
Well, if you can take a stab at your % bodyfat ... I'll pull a number out of the air: suppose you're at 20%. Then your LBM is 80% of your weight.

This will be close enough to get you started.

And yes, carbs can just be whatever.

For example, suppose you know your maintenance calories are 3000 a day (again, just pulling a number out of the air, and that your LBM is 176 lbs. To cut, consider dropping your calories by, say, 20%. This leaves you with 2400 calories.

So, in forming your day's diet, make sure you get at least 176g of protein and 88g of fat. This leaves you with 904 calories to make up the 2400 for your day. Make them out of whatever combination of protein, carb and fat you like.

Personally, while cutting, I like to carb and calorie cycle. So I'll go a little lower calorie on non-lifting days, a lot less carb and perhaps a little more fat that day.

On lifting days, I'll add in starchy carbs to the meal before and the meal (or two) after I lift; these meals will be lower fat, so my fats for the day won't be quite as high as they are on the non-lifting days, but my calories and carbs are higher than they were on the non-lifting day.

Why do I do this?

Well, there may be some very good scientific explanations of how your metabolism works with this split.

Or not.

I do it for appetite control. Carbs are necessary for the lifts, but they make me hungry, so I don't bother eating starchy carbs on non-lifting days, when I don't really need 'em. Since my appetite is suppressed on higher fats with lower carbs, I take advantage of this combination to eat lower calories on those days, which allows me to eat higher calories on my lifting days.

Yes, I really, REALLY look forward to my lifting days...