PDA

View Full Version : Willpower Help

bIgHwN86
10-19-2005, 09:51 PM
What I would like to find out is if anyone on this board has their own tricks that helps them get through the week without splurging before their "Cheat Meal/Day"? It would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.

EvilDumbell
10-19-2005, 10:00 PM
Drinking water mainly, i can go weeks without a cheat meal personally. It just depends on dedication, plus you get into a routine of when you feel like a cheat meal you often just eat clean food instead.

Built
10-19-2005, 10:54 PM
Figure out when in the day that you're the hungriest, and save some extra calories to eat then.

For me, it's bedtime. I really like to feel FED when I climb into bed. So I save some of my calories so I can eat a substantial meal just before I go to sleep.

I find if I go to bed feeling full, I look forward to it, and psychologically, knowing I'll end the day with a full tummy helps me get through the day feeling a little peckish.

Also, I find by keeping my fats a little on the high side, and my carbs a little on the low side, I'm in better control over my appetite. Carbs are yummy, but they make me hungry. Fats and proteins are satisfying, so I don't have to go through that "starving" feeling. Peckish, yes, but not starving.

Finally, I pack up all the food I'm going to eat a day in advance. I want to eat something, I open the bag and grab something. But once it's gone, it's gone. So I have to ration.

Unreal
10-19-2005, 11:04 PM
Get a camera. Take a picture of yourself every few days. When your hungry, strip down and look at yourself in the mirror. Seperate yourself from food. Go for a walk, go out and run errands, see a movie. I like to also have a larger supper. I find veggies are godsend. Green veggies aren't calorie dense, so you can eat alot of them and fill up without going overboard on calories. 300 cals in mixed veggies is a lot of veggies.