PDA

View Full Version : Supplements, should I?

Mercuryblade
10-20-2005, 02:02 AM
So I've been considering taking some supplements, as I am super determined to get up to a lean 155 this year which means I'm hoping to get over 160 pounds this year before spring break, I put on about 10 lbs of pure lean mass last year I didn't count calories or anything like that, I just watched what I ate, and ate all the time, whenever I wasn't full I ate, and never ate any junk food, the food at my schools cafeteria wasn't always the best so I ate alot of whole wheat pasta, sandwiches and stir fry. Long story short, I'm being more strict this year (I live in an apartment now and have total control over what I eat) but I'm wondering if I should be adding anything to my diet. As it stands I take 1 centrum every morning, and and 300 mg green tea twice a day. I don't have time to post my diet up on fit day, but I know the nutrition facts of my foods and keep a tally as the day goes. I shoot for about 450g of carbs, 140+g protein, 60-70g fat and at least 3000 calories.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
10-20-2005, 02:07 AM
Ehhh.....Centrum is garbage. One of the worst multi-vitamins you can buy, from what I hear. Your nutrients look fine to me. If you're not gaining weight, eat more. If you're making gains, stay where you're at until you're not making any more gains. You should be bulking and then cut back to where you want to be...all lean and whatnot. Just keep hitting the weights hard and eating right and I think you'll be fine.

malkore
10-20-2005, 09:41 AM
agree with Centrum being sucky. Lots of preservatives, and that nasty outer coating.

D Breyer
10-20-2005, 09:47 AM
GNC makes a good multivit... i've been taking Mega Men's for the past 6 months... switched to Mega Mens Sport this month... both are really good.

getfit
10-20-2005, 10:33 AM
i have multi plus from atlarge