PDA

View Full Version : Question about Dieting and Lifting.

FighterInSnatch
10-20-2005, 05:05 AM
What would happen if on my off weight days out I ate extremely low calories and lower carbs but ran cardio. On my days that I lift, I would up the calories and up the carbs, I would lift real heavy. I'm not sure what would end up happening to my body. Any info would be great. Thanx.

Monday-Off, No cardio.School
Tuesday-Legs
Wednesday-Off, No cardio.School
Thursday-Chest and Tri.
Friday-Cardio.
Saturday-Back and Bi.
Sunday-Cardio.

Ryan aka Fighter In Snatch.

Anthony
10-20-2005, 05:28 AM
If your calories at the end of the week were above maintenance, you'd gain weight. If they were below maintenance, you'd lose weight. What type of weight depends on too many variables to give an accurate response.

FighterInSnatch
10-20-2005, 05:43 AM
If your calories at the end of the week were above maintenance, you'd gain weight. If they were below maintenance, you'd lose weight. What type of weight depends on too many variables to give an accurate response.

So your saying that I should'nt look at it day by day? Weekly?

HILL
10-20-2005, 05:49 AM
it could possibly be looked at over a week as you cant see yourself loosing weight daily however it is easier to track and workout daily. Just try it for a week as i gather you already have got your diet in order as you know your maintanence etc. See what happens at=fter a week or to

FighterInSnatch
10-20-2005, 06:05 AM
it could possibly be looked at over a week as you cant see yourself loosing weight daily however it is easier to track and workout daily. Just try it for a week as i gather you already have got your diet in order as you know your maintanence etc. See what happens at=fter a week or to

Yeh, I'm going to do it. But I was curious to if anyone had ever heard of it working or something simlar.Thanx Hill.

Ryan aka Fighter In Snatch

Ricochet_kid
10-20-2005, 06:18 AM
I find it most useful, and easiest, to calculate calories in terms of my single routine period/cycle, which conveniently happens to be a week. Then work backwards and try to average out my caloric requirements from there, and then implement the average daily.

I got the idea for doing this from a Berardi article and I think it's worked pretty good for me so far.

The only way to really know I guess, it to try it and see.

Anthony
10-20-2005, 06:38 AM
So your saying that I should'nt look at it day by day? Weekly?

Yes and No. Look at it in terms of your work period. The period you outlined was a week, but there are those who will have a 10-14 day work period, etc.

What is your goal? You may want to give UD2.0 a read.

Built
10-20-2005, 11:17 AM
This is how I do it, and I find it a lot easier to lift well if I have the extra cals and carbs on lifting days, and a lot easier to cut calories if I limit carbs on non-lifting days. Best of both worlds.

MuscD_Unit
10-20-2005, 11:52 AM
hey, Built definitely has the right idea.. Past 2 months, I was in the bulking stage of my training so calories was my best friend because I would lose it faster than I can keep it.. My opinion is if you looking to put on mass quickly, definitely keep the calories on a high till your ready for cutting.

FighterInSnatch
10-20-2005, 12:33 PM
Yes and No. Look at it in terms of your work period. The period you outlined was a week, but there are those who will have a 10-14 day work period, etc.

What is your goal? You may want to give UD2.0 a read.

I did UD2.0 for about 5 weeks. I really did'nt see the results I thought I would. I think it was hard for me because of my schedule and the diet and what to eat seemed very complicated.

As for goals, I would just like to add more mass. I still feel fat, so any more added would not be good. Thanx alot

Ryan aka Fighter In Snatch.

FighterInSnatch
10-20-2005, 12:34 PM
This is how I do it, and I find it a lot easier to lift well if I have the extra cals and carbs on lifting days, and a lot easier to cut calories if I limit carbs on non-lifting days. Best of both worlds.

This always works for me as well, because on the days that I work out, I do not have school. I would be able to eat all 6 meals and take in plenty of protein,carbs, and fats without failure.

Built
10-20-2005, 12:41 PM
The biggest thing is finding a workable methodology that's still effective, isn't it?

Good luck! Just make sure you keep your protein and fat high enough on your low calorie days.

AzBboy
10-22-2005, 12:40 AM
I would think you would be robbing your body of food it could of used to grow.