PDA

View Full Version : metabolism

jopapa1267
10-20-2005, 05:40 PM
Whats a good quick snack for someone dieting to keep their metabolism going? Ill be in school, so ill need something small XD. Thanks in advance.

Sry if this was posted before because i keep getting an error when i try to use the search button.

Unreal
10-20-2005, 06:51 PM
Nuts, fruit, or whatever fits in your daily caloric need.

Built
10-20-2005, 06:59 PM
What do you mean by "keep your metabolism going"?

Are you trying to lose weight?

jopapa1267
10-20-2005, 07:37 PM
Yes i am trying to lose weight since wrestling season is coming. Also, around how long does 16 ounces of water take to get to your urinary bladder? During wrestling season i want to stay hydrated but on competition days, i want to make sure i am able to pee it out by the time i have to weigh in. Water weighs too much :*(. Thanks for the answers.

***edit***
Is it just me or do you guys get a lot of gas when dieting? anyway to prevent that?

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
10-20-2005, 07:46 PM
Water weighs too much :*That's because over 70% of you is water.

Built
10-20-2005, 08:23 PM
Okay, well, there are some small differences between various foods in terms of how they'll affect your metabolism - the TEFs of protein, carb and fat for example, but the biggest thing is your overall diet.

How many calories, how many grams of protein, carb and fat are you eating now? This, more than anything, is how you control your weight.

Post up those numbers!

The Great
10-21-2005, 07:05 AM
Well, if it fits in your diet go with beef jerky or tuna (in the little bag things are great they don't take up any space).