PDA

View Full Version : Eating in morning sucks

Pimp
10-23-2005, 12:44 AM
When I wake up in morning, the last thing I feel like doing, is eating, I do not understand this. I heard that you should eat the most calories for breakfast, and less as the day progresses. But for me this is the exact opposite. I can barley eat a bowl of cereal when I wake up. My stomach just doesn’t like mornings.. So basically I was wondering, why eating in morning is so hard for me, is their anything I can do to make me hungry in morning? Should I not sleep as much? And is this really going to make a difference?

Stackattack
10-23-2005, 01:11 AM
I feel ya man. Most mornings i just have no desire to eat anything. All i can really suggest is that you just suck it up and force it down and maybe you'll eventually get use to it. For me, eating relatively large quantities of food in the morning is much easier than it use to be, but there are still mornings when i just want to vommit before i'm done eating. One other thing you could try is slightly altering your meal if you've been eating the same thing for a long time. Small changes (eg adding a little honey to oats) can make it a hell of a lot easier to get down. At least for a while. And of course eating slower will probably help.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
10-23-2005, 02:22 AM
I have a hard time trying to stomach food in the morning...it's like my stomach hasn't woken up yet. It sucks...but it's fine later in the day.

Should I not sleep as much?Try to get in at least 8 hours of sleep a night. Don't sleep less...that's not good.

HILL
10-23-2005, 04:03 AM
Have a shake. Every monring proberly since april this year apart from 1 or 2 days i have had a shake. Wether it was a 1000 cal shake while bulking or now while i am cutting i have a 550 cal shake

Tony H
10-23-2005, 06:21 AM
My breakfast is mostly liquid based. Oats + protein shake. That's all I can stomach that early, but I'll just eat again two hours later so I don't worry about it.

getfit
10-23-2005, 07:07 AM
My breakfast is mostly liquid based. Oats + protein shake. That's all I can stomach that early, but I'll just eat again two hours later so I don't worry about it.
exactly what i do.

cphafner
10-23-2005, 07:39 AM
exactly what i do.

Same here. 1 scoop whey, 2 scoops Nlarge, 1/2 cup oats, 1 tbsp olive oil in 16 oz milk. I then try to get in solid food about 2 hours later.

Anthony
10-23-2005, 09:05 AM
Suck it up.

J450n
10-23-2005, 09:28 AM
Same here. 1 scoop whey, 2 scoops Nlarge, 1/2 cup oats, 1 tbsp olive oil in 16 oz milk. I then try to get in solid food about 2 hours later.

Notch another one up, i find it a lot easier and convienient to knock a shake back in the morning.

sdre
10-23-2005, 10:01 AM
i didn't dig into breakfast at all a few years back. serving my national service in the army kinda forced me into eating breakfast. now without it, i feel weak. but i guess "overloading" for breakfast can be tough on the belly.

Sensei
10-23-2005, 10:05 AM
When I wake up in morning, the last thing I feel like doing, is eating, I do not understand this...
My stomach just doesn’t like mornings.. So basically I was wondering, why eating in morning is so hard for me, is their anything I can do to make me hungry in morning? Should I not sleep as much? And is this really going to make a difference?

It can make a big difference in your energy levels throughout the day. If you want to get big why would you not eat 10+ hours every day? Very simply, you are just not used to eating in the morning. You will get used to it and actually come to enjoy it.

ShockBoxer
10-23-2005, 10:22 AM
Breakfast knocks me out, most times.

Doesn't matter what the macro looks like (whether it's 60 grams of carbs like a pancake or bowl of cereal, 30 grams of protein like a basic scoop of ON whey in 1% milk, or a piece of toast with two tablespoons of natty PB for a fat heavy breakfast). Give me two hours and I'll be wishing I could take a 5 minute nap.

Usually my stomach hurts a lot when I eat before 9 am. I've been skipping breakfast since I was 11 for that reason. However, since I started WBB1 and eating slightly better I find I CAN'T skip breakfast. Lunch is an eternity of stomach churning hunger pain away. After a month of forcing myself to eat early morning my body gave up giving a pain response to it.

You get used to a lot of things if you do them long enough.

PBX4Sho
10-23-2005, 01:03 PM
i hate eatting in the morning as well, but i usually eat a Special K bar, and i have no problem, not a lot of food so it doesnt make you feel weird.

TOBART
10-23-2005, 01:26 PM
I haven't ATE breakfast for over a year now. I can't take in solid food first thing in the morning, my body just wants to reject it.

I've been drinking a 500cal weight gainer for breakfast (27g of protien), if I'm really short for time or I dont have access to a blender for some reason, I'll just drink as much milk as I can stomach.

First meal comes about 1.5 hours later and I'm really hungry for it.

TTT
10-23-2005, 03:41 PM
I feel like I can eat a lot more when I get a decent night's sleep. If I haven't had much sleep, I feel nauseated trying to eat a big breakfast. You should experiment and see if sleeping more helps.

SW
10-23-2005, 03:43 PM
When I wake up in morning, the last thing I feel like doing, is eating, I do not understand this. I heard that you should eat the most calories for breakfast, and less as the day progresses. But for me this is the exact opposite. I can barley eat a bowl of cereal when I wake up. My stomach just doesn’t like mornings.. So basically I was wondering, why eating in morning is so hard for me, is their anything I can do to make me hungry in morning? Should I not sleep as much? And is this really going to make a difference?

It used to be that if I ate anything before 9am I'd have to fight puking. But, going without dinner the night before got me to eat like a pig in the morning, and that's what fixed it for me. After a couple nights of that, I had no more problems and can now eat alot in the am.

bschatz88
10-23-2005, 03:56 PM
Just drink like 6 glasses of milk
Easy as that

smalls
10-23-2005, 03:58 PM

Very similar to what I do. I have always hated eating in the morning, but I've always gotten it done. As anthony said just suck it up.

getfit
10-23-2005, 04:03 PM
Very similar to what I do. I have always hated eating in the morning, but I've always gotten it done. As anthony said just suck it up.
:withstupi and with connor and Anthony,i just slug down that hardy shake right before i exit my house at 5 am.

ryuage
10-23-2005, 04:58 PM
I go to bed just so I can wake up and eat in the morning

Shao-LiN
10-23-2005, 05:20 PM
I wish I had the problem of not wanting to eat.

big calvin
10-23-2005, 05:42 PM
protein drink also for me

Chris686
10-23-2005, 06:26 PM
It can make a big difference in your energy levels throughout the day. If you want to get big why would you not eat 10+ hours every day? Very simply, you are just not used to eating in the morning. You will get used to it and actually come to enjoy it.

You eat hours? Hrmm. :angel:

I can actually relate to not being able to eat in the A.M. I used to have troubles with that. But at one point I started getting really hungry a few hours later and I still had 2 hours or so left before I would have time to eat anything. After I did that for a few weeks I just started forcing something down for breakfast. I ate protein bars for breakfast for a while, but now I can really eat anything.

kook
10-23-2005, 09:00 PM
hey.. everytime i eat right before i go to bed i wake up starving and could eat a horse....so i do...

if i dont eat much before bed... i could eat a horse not so much.. you figure it out

spencerjrus
10-24-2005, 01:14 AM
I need to gorge myself before I go to sleep in order to be hungry for breakfast, it works though.

CrazyPalm
01-22-2006, 06:32 PM
How bad is it skipping breakfast and making up the cals at other meals throughout the day? It takes me about 2hrs before I can eat solid food in the morning. Is this going to hurt my bulk and to what degree if so?

Background: I have coffee and often a protein shake about 4.30am before I start a dayshift but I usually don't feel hungry until about 7 or 8 am. More often than not, I am not awake for "breakfast" because I'm sleeping in or working nights. I spent months forcefeeding myself breakfast often until I'd vomit a little - which is not fun - so I'm not interested in doing that again.

g00dnick
01-22-2006, 07:30 PM
Damn...I'm usually starving first thing in the morning...i can't go without eating...hmm.. *shrugs*