PDA

View Full Version : 17 yo, tear me up boys!

lector606
10-23-2005, 03:44 PM
Hey guys just got back into lifting about 2 months ago after a long layoff during the summer, give me some criticism!

getfit
10-23-2005, 03:48 PM
wow, looking excellent, nice and lean,legs look good as well, well done

russ
10-23-2005, 06:52 PM
wow man, you're very well balanced, nice low bf too. keep it up

Gutz981
10-23-2005, 07:01 PM
Just get out the prison camp son? How bout you hit the fridge? that being said, looking extremly lean, personally I would go for a bulk and put some weight on but then again I don't know what your goals are. Reguardless good luck to ya.

MM
10-23-2005, 07:25 PM
Just get out the prison camp son? How bout you hit the fridge? that being said, looking extremly lean, personally I would go for a bulk and put some weight on but then again I don't know what your goals are. Reguardless good luck to ya.

What the ****? Coming from a guy who weighs 156? Criticism is fine, but you're making it look like the guy is a stick figure. He looks great.

OP: Your legs and triceps lookk great. Really awesome physique.

Patz
10-23-2005, 07:51 PM
I agree..awesome physique

Addam1125
10-23-2005, 08:01 PM
Hey guys just got back into lifting about 2 months ago after a long layoff during the summer, give me some criticism!
Looking great.

How long have you been lifting?

17 and wishing I looked like that :-\

TwiloMike
10-23-2005, 08:15 PM
Lookin' solid, bud. Great leg work. Keep it up. BULK!

Nito
10-23-2005, 09:48 PM
How tall and how much you weigh?

Miker
10-23-2005, 09:52 PM
looking hard man.... btw.. that is one wicked face!

MuscD_Unit
10-24-2005, 12:08 AM
Awesome all around! keep up the good work.. Bulk up a bit would help u big time!

getfit
10-24-2005, 02:29 AM
What the ****? Coming from a guy who weighs 156? Criticism is fine, but you're making it look like the guy is a stick figure. He looks great.

OP: Your legs and triceps lookk great. Really awesome physique.
agreed, his far from being a stick.

I think he's done extremely well, and he'll fill out much more, congrats to you.

Built
10-24-2005, 02:46 AM
WOW!

Just wow!

Great development from head to toe.

Post up your routine - it's working really, really well for you!

cakedonkey
10-24-2005, 03:46 AM
I agree. That was such a dumb comment. 15 year old acting 5.

Great work so far, Lector. You can clearly see striations on your chest and you are getting some nice veins going on in your arms. If you got ripped up enough (<7%) I would imagine you could do a show and place nicely assuming your posing routine was in order.

500squat
10-24-2005, 08:28 AM
Looking great,awesome work....wish I looked like that at 17.....keep it up!

Canadian Crippler
10-24-2005, 08:57 AM
Definitely couldn't do a show, lol.

With that said, looking VERY good and at 17 you will be a force to be reckoned with if you keep it up. Leggo's look amazing btw.

Guido
10-24-2005, 03:40 PM
Rock solid. Excellent proportions. Keep it up.

Stumprrp
10-24-2005, 04:43 PM
very impressive!

theVict1m
10-24-2005, 05:07 PM
Love to know your diet. Post a journal dude.

lector606
10-24-2005, 05:12 PM
A show? Yeah, I'm going for my pro card next week :D

Seriously though thanks for the comments everyone.

I am 5'8 and around 165 although lately probably closer to 170. I'm not very heavy but I am going more for the whole proficiency in sports while still looking good deal rather than the 220lb I take ****s bigger than most people thing.

Do you guys see any weak points? I think my forearms are tiny but that's just me.

Someone was asking about my routine, I don't quite have time to write the entire thing out but basically I train 4 days a week, focused on all forms of the squat movement (back, front, overhead) and deadlift (stiff and bent legged) as well as things such as the clean, pullups, bent over rows, parallel bar dips, bench press and military press. Usually I throw in a few sets of direct arm work every week too. I also wrestle and fence so I end up doing cardio 3-4 days a week.

I have been lifting for quite a while, probably 3 years now, but the thing is the first year I weighed about 190 and I could bench like 75 pounds, I lost all the weight in a year and ended up being 120 pounds or so, shredded stick basically, and then spent another 2 years gaining 50lbs or so to end up where I am now, happily gaining maybe 1-2 pounds a month staying at a low bodyfat and excelling in sports.

Thanks again for comments and don't be afraid to rag on me for weak points.

lector606
10-24-2005, 05:15 PM
As far as diet goes I eat pretty clean, basically my diet revolves around oatmeal, tuna, natural peanut butter, milk, nuts, eggs, protein shakes, protein bars, pasta (mmm tortellini) and lean meats. I never cheat food wise but sometimes I drink a six pack or so one night on a weekend.

CarlP
10-24-2005, 07:45 PM
Looking good. You need to show your diet and training routine to all the young kids that post here about creatine and nitric oxide products. Compound movements and lots of whole foods. It isn't complicated.

cakedonkey
10-24-2005, 07:51 PM
Just because you aren't going for your pro-card doesn't mean you aren't worthy for a bodybuilding competition. You just have to slowly work your way up to the top, that's all. I'm still preparing for my first show and it's been a hard, but fun, journey thus far. A lot of people who I've talked to that've stepped on stage in the past say it's a life-changing experience and there is no adrenaline-rush like it.

cakedonkey
10-24-2005, 08:05 PM
What the ****? Coming from a guy who weighs 156?
Yeah, he's a brick house. :rolleyes:

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showpost.php?p=1162527&postcount=1

Meat_Head
10-24-2005, 11:16 PM
What exactly is your leg routine like, do you just try to get heavy sets in on all 3 types of squats and the deadlifts? Or do you have 2 seperate leg days?

You're in great shape for a 17 year old, what sports do you play? If you think your forearms are a weakness, do some hammer curls and grip work once or twice a week - grip/forearm strength will help IMMENSELY with wrestling and fencing. The only thing that looks to be lagging to me is lats, which would be solved by throwing in some heavy pullups with the rows.

lector606
10-24-2005, 11:51 PM
Looking good. You need to show your diet and training routine to all the young kids that post here about creatine and nitric oxide products. Compound movements and lots of whole foods. It isn't complicated.

Haha no doubt man I used creatine for like 2 weeks once and I was just like F this waste of money so I sold it to one of my buddies. Now I take magnesium and zinc that I bought in a store because I read that a deficiency in those can cause insomnia but that's it.

It always blows my mind when I am doing like 300lb deadlifts at the gym or dips with 80 pounds between my legs and kids from my school come up to me in between sets and ask me what weight I use for curls or pressdowns or pec dec or some bull**** like that. They look so shocked when I tell them I haven't done curls in 3 weeks and I've never done a pressdown or used a pec dec in my life.

Someone asked what sports I do I wrestle, and I also do pentathlon on an irregular basis but fencing turned out to be my strong event so I kept doing that (I have very good explosiveness which is suited well for the sport) so now I am fencing at a pretty high level. I'll always find time to lift 3-4 days a week though even if I'm training 5-6 days a week in other sports. Alls I gotta do is eat more meat :D

Cali4niaFitness
10-25-2005, 01:37 AM
what do you do for your calveS????

and is that a nipple ring lol ? wait its not even a ring it goes all the way thru your nipple.

bbgonnabe
10-25-2005, 03:49 AM
Looks like taking the summer off did you no harm! Man, you look comp ready!

HelpMeLift
10-25-2005, 07:07 PM
man you look great bro. **** how'd you add on all that lean mass while staying shredded?

lector606
10-25-2005, 07:47 PM
man you look great bro. **** how'd you add on all that lean mass while staying shredded?

I don't know to me man it was never about the whole bulking/cutting thing. Most guys are like "OK, I'm gonna bulk now", and what they really mean is "OK, I'm gonna eat pizza 3x a week and eat an oh henry bar but that's ok cause it gives me energy for my workouts" oh yeah and "cardio burns too many precious calories so i'm not gonna do that either".

It isn't rocket science to me. Figure out how much you would consume every day normally (usually the # of cals you eat naturally will maintain your bodyweight) and add in a can of tuna. There you go. Don't eat sugar unless it's pre or post workout, don't eat a lot of starchy ****, eat 5-6 protein filled meals a day and probably 1-2 carb meals. Push yourself in the gym and you will gain strength. If you're gaining strength and eating around 200g of protein a day you'll gain muscle. Keep doing cardio on off days (always take a day completely off though) and don't eat friggin cheesburgers at 11 oclock at night like most people "bulking".

There you go. Maybe you won't gain quite as fast as other people who get fat, but body building for me is about looking good YEAR ROUND, I have a 6 pack the entire year, maybe during the time I'm trying to gain a few pounds you can't see my obliques or my bottom two abs as well but who the hell cares. I understand people want to get as big as possible but if it means looking like you wouldn't be able to run 5 miles without having a heart attack 3/4 of the year what the hell is the point?

lector606
10-25-2005, 07:48 PM
what do you do for your calveS????

and is that a nipple ring lol ? wait its not even a ring it goes all the way thru your nipple.

calves = sprinting, calf raises, power cleans help too.

nipple used to be a ring but I switched it to a barbell so ya it goes all the way through.

SkinnySadMan
10-25-2005, 07:52 PM
I have been lifting for quite a while, probably 3 years now, but the thing is the first year I weighed about 190 and I could bench like 75 pounds, I lost all the weight in a year and ended up being 120 pounds or so, shredded stick basically, and then spent another 2 years gaining 50lbs or so to end up where I am now, happily gaining maybe 1-2 pounds a month staying at a low bodyfat and excelling in sports.

Thanks again for comments and don't be afraid to rag on me for weak points.

Nice, you're ripped. But damn check out that massive weight lost and then putting it back on, nice work. You look great.

Twan
10-25-2005, 10:38 PM
Type that **** out you're like perfect you're my idol.

So you haven't eaten a cookie in like 4 years? What's your diet?

Everyone wants to know and copy you.

bobk07
10-26-2005, 12:07 AM
lookin impressive man, kep it up

rk77
10-26-2005, 12:10 AM
I couldnt agree more about the whole bulking thing. I love havin the 6/8 pack year round.

lector606
11-04-2005, 05:59 PM
new lat spread pic

BCC
11-04-2005, 08:10 PM
A boiling pot of genetics is what you are. Well done.

spencerjrus
11-04-2005, 08:23 PM
A boiling pot of genetics is what you are. Well done.

What do you know about genetics chase? :evillaugh

JoeW
11-04-2005, 11:00 PM
Very well balanced, only weak point id say IMO by looking at the 2nd picture is the chest, your lats look particually great for your size, keep up the good work mate.

lector606
11-04-2005, 11:42 PM
what does a boiling pot of genetics mean? trust me my genetics aren't anything special, nobody in my family lineage has any decent muscle size whatsoever and before i started working out i was skinny fat and couldn't play any sports.

i have been blessed with good proportions i will say that but otherwise i don't like it when people say i have great genetics because i have been training hard and watching my diet very strictly for several years now! i am a product of work not lucky genes, for me to gain lean mass i need an extremely strict diet and very consistent training!

anyway i may be totally wrong and some people might have it way harder but i will admit i think have good proportions naturally.

lector606
11-04-2005, 11:43 PM
Very well balanced, only weak point id say IMO by looking at the 2nd picture is the chest, your lats look particually great for your size, keep up the good work mate.

very true my chest is a major weak point which i will be working hard to correct when i start my new program soon! thanks for the comment.

spencerjrus
11-05-2005, 01:10 PM
anyway i may be totally wrong and some people might have it way harder but i will admit i think have good proportions naturally.

Thats what good genetics means dude, everyone has to work hard to put on muscle mass.

BCC
11-05-2005, 01:50 PM
what does a boiling pot of genetics mean? trust me my genetics aren't anything special, nobody in my family lineage has any decent muscle size whatsoever and before i started working out i was skinny fat and couldn't play any sports.

i have been blessed with good proportions i will say that but otherwise i don't like it when people say i have great genetics because i have been training hard and watching my diet very strictly for several years now! i am a product of work not lucky genes, for me to gain lean mass i need an extremely strict diet and very consistent training!

Why do you have great shaped quads? Why do you have a great shaped back?

Because it's not from how you train or how hard you train or how hard you work. It's from what mommy and daddy gave you.

It's an awesome thing and takes nothing away from what you've accomplished. Although it will make you feel like that sometimes.

lector606
11-05-2005, 01:59 PM
Why do you have great shaped quads? Why do you have a great shaped back?

Because it's not from how you train or how hard you train or how hard you work. It's from what mommy and daddy gave you.

It's an awesome thing and takes nothing away from what you've accomplished. Although it will make you feel like that sometimes.

Very well put. I understand what you mean.