PDA

View Full Version : Adding fat to an egg white omelette

Jorge Sanchez
10-24-2005, 08:30 PM
I have just swithced my breakfast to an egg white omelette. I usually mix one full egg with 8 egg whites. I know whole eggs would add some fat, but I am concerned about the excessive cholesterol, particularly since I am on some medication that can raise cholesterol.

So, my question to you is: what is a good way to add healthy fat to my omelettes without making them taste disgusting?

Unreal
10-24-2005, 09:14 PM
Olive oil. Cook it in a TBPS of olive oil. Butter would also work.

Shao-LiN
10-24-2005, 10:20 PM
You don't need to worry about the dietary cholesterol from egg yolk affecting your own. It may actually help you to improve your own cholesterol profile.

Built
10-24-2005, 10:22 PM
:withstupi:

malkore
10-25-2005, 08:02 AM
Yeah, 1 egg yolk a day is fine, especially if you're eating cleanly the rest of the day, you'll have far, far, far less dietary cholesterol intake than the average American.

LAM
10-25-2005, 09:47 AM
I have just swithced my breakfast to an egg white omelette. I usually mix one full egg with 8 egg whites. I know whole eggs would add some fat, but I am concerned about the excessive cholesterol, particularly since I am on some medication that can raise cholesterol.

So, my question to you is: what is a good way to add healthy fat to my omelettes without making them taste disgusting?

total cholesterol values are pretty much determined by your gentics. the ratio of HDL:LDL is what's important. I eat about 12 whole eggs a day and my total cholesterol is about 126 mg/dL

muscleup
10-25-2005, 10:24 AM
I eat about 12 whole eggs a day
Holey Sh!t.

I was worried about eating 4 whole/day. :rolleyes: