PDA

View Full Version : Another stretch mark thread

userName-pLump
10-25-2005, 12:57 PM
yes yes I know use the search, but I think this is a diffrent type of question.

Just the other day I noticed little 1 1/2 marks on my sides above the waist, at first I thought oh well I scratched myself, then I see one the same size on my other side. I am like wtf, stretch marks again?!?

so I get all depressed and paranoid thinking that pot of spaghetti I ate the other night went right to the waist and im fat.

but then i realize im only 16 and lately i have been getting growing pains and maybe it is a natural stretch mark like on biceps

question is, am I being paranoid or should even a weigh-lifter watch how much he eats? thanks

HILL
10-25-2005, 01:05 PM
usually stretch marks in that region are due to fat gain i have them from being obese in my early teens but their could be other reasons

userName-pLump
10-25-2005, 01:38 PM
that isnt the answer I wanted to hear, but that means I will actually cut and I wont have any half ass excuses to quit. Thanks Hill

HILL
10-25-2005, 02:22 PM
I mean i could be wrong but stretch marks are caused from either an increase in size weither from muscle or fat or when you train a muscle and the skin stretches. Now i believe in your hip area there isnt really much muscle to build or stretch. Thats how i look at it some1 else will proberly no more or have another answere mate

Jorge Sanchez
10-25-2005, 02:47 PM
The only stretch marks I have are just below my hips. I've never been close to fat, and they predate my weightlifting by about a decade (although I don't remember exactly when I first noticed them). The only thing I can think of is that it was due to a growth spurt.

Although, mine are well below my waist. From the description you are giving, I would think that it is probably due to fat gains.

[[[----]]]
10-25-2005, 03:27 PM
I have a couple on the inner side of both my thighs.

russ
10-25-2005, 04:04 PM
i got them right below my waist on my upper thighs. get some vitamin e oil or cream and massage it on the area at least once a day if you wanna take precautions and prevent it from happening again

hoagies
10-25-2005, 05:18 PM
i have them in the lower back area.

Shao-LiN
10-25-2005, 05:29 PM
Should watch what you eat regardless of your lifestyle...be it weight lifter or casual dieter. Just because you lift weights doesn't mean you can't gain fat.

YouAgain
10-25-2005, 08:44 PM
Ack I have them all the way up my back... they are teh crazy... I think I might just get a big tatoo to cover them when im older..

f=ma
10-26-2005, 08:43 AM
hips, inner thighs and armpits here

:(