View Full Version : Guides to olympic and classical weightlifting

MixmasterNash
10-25-2005, 08:28 PM
Inspired by fixationdarkness's interest in olympics lifting

I like these Flash guides/history of oympic lifting:
http://tomgorman.moonfruit.com/

and classical "odd" lifts:
http://weightlifting.moonfruit.com/
including weird one handed lifts, two-man lifts, crucifix lifts, anyhows, swings, etc.

fixationdarknes
10-25-2005, 09:39 PM
Sweet. Those sites are pretty cool. That 2-man deadlift looked sweet lol.

Meat_Head
10-25-2005, 10:28 PM
Awesome links, I hope more people here start payin attention to olympic lifting. By the way Mix, do you know what the rate of injury was with the old-school hyperextending press? It seems like if you had extremely strong abs/core it would be a 'fairly' safe exercise... Alexeev did it with 517lbs.... WTF! What a freak, he could press a large man with each arm.

MixmasterNash
10-25-2005, 10:47 PM
I can't imagine that the "Russian press" was particularly conducive to a healthy back in any circumstances.

Meat_Head
10-26-2005, 12:50 AM
I can't imagine that the "Russian press" was particularly conducive to a healthy back in any circumstances.

True, I'd never risk it... but think about it, to do it your abs would be doing the job of a bench in an incline press(w/ the belt helping a bit); that's some serious core strength!

MixmasterNash
10-26-2005, 07:40 AM
True, I'd never risk it... but think about it, to do it your abs would be doing the job of a bench in an incline press(w/ the belt helping a bit); that's some serious core strength!

Yes. I posit that Alexeyev had the strongest "core" of any athlete ever, as demonstrated by this lift alone.

Meat_Head
10-26-2005, 02:12 PM
Yes. I posit that Alexeyev had the strongest "core" of any athlete ever, as demonstrated by this lift alone.

Agreed. People said that even though his gut stuck out really far, it was rock hard all the time.

dissipate
11-01-2005, 07:39 AM
thanks for those sites!! i've been looking for guides that that!