PDA

View Full Version : eating too much??

def_con_3
10-25-2005, 09:05 PM
hey, i'm 15 year old (male), 5'10", 138lbs.
i have been lifting to bulk for about six weeks now. i lift mon, wed, and fri and i have only been gaining a few pounds so far. I have been trying to eat a lot more than normal, with about 5 meals a day since im trying to bulk, and have been taking some protein supps to help. getting enough food with a school-type schedule is hard enough already, but that is not quite my problem. i have noticed that because i now stuff myself (with healthy foods) at every meal, my body has sort of changed shape around the abdomen - my stomach seems to bulge out almost like a pot belly (not like traditional full sphere pot belly, but definitely very noticible on my body). now dont get me wrong, i almost always gorge on only healthy foods and i am not just what you would call "fat," (the stomach bulging out actually seems to accentuate my six pack), but i am starting to get worried - will it always stay like that? my back too has now started curving inward, which is, as i was informed by my sister who is in med school,a symptom of a certain variation of scoliosis frequently found among pregnant women...uh oh.

this goes away when i either suck my belly in or stand as if im trying to make myself as tall as possible, but it just doesnt feel natural like that. i definitely don't want to develop some type of scoliosis so i always stand tall and straight now in an attempt to try to correct this, i just wanted to know is this because of my eating too much?

im kinda stuck in a paradox now - im eating as much food and consuming as much protein as i can (even though i barely meet the 1g per lb of bodyweight semi-standard daily), yet my stomach is showing signs of massive eating already.

ok now for the bonus question:
are there any benefits of doing a full body workout over splitting it apart? (for my situation, i am bulking and can only lift mon-wed-fri)
sorry for not putting this in another thread
thanks in advance.

anasthetic
10-25-2005, 09:45 PM
Your stomach is bulging out because it is constantly filled with large amounts of food since you're bulking. Notice how your stomach is way flatter in the morning? It won't stay like that and is not causing anything permanent. It is also definitely not giving you scoliosis. But it's never a bad idea to consciously maintain good posture.

If you ever are going to be in a situation where you really wanna look good, like going to the beach or if you might be getting laid or whatever, just try to eat smaller meals that day. Carbs and salt also cause extra bloating over all because they increase water retention, so you'd also wanna be extra careful to limit them.

malkore
10-26-2005, 02:49 PM
make sure you're drinking a gallon of water per day or more, especially with meals to aid in digestion.

def_con_3
10-26-2005, 07:12 PM
thanks, very glad to hear that