PDA

View Full Version : First Post Here...

Cancer
10-27-2005, 01:29 PM
Can anyone comment or critique my shopping list? These are pretty much all the foods I live on...

Protein: Chicken Breast
Eggs
Skim Milk
Packaged Turkey/Ham
ON Whey Protein

Carbs: 12 Grain Bread
Quaker Oats
Whole Wheat Pasta
Wheaties/Mini Wheats
Nutri Grain Bars
Brown Rice

Sugars: Bananas
OJ
Jelly/Jam

Fats: Peanutbutter
Olive Oil
Planters Unsalted Peanuts
Fish Oil Supplements

Misc: Creatine
Multivitamin

I try to eat 700 calories every 3 hours in order to get 3,500 - 4,000 calories a day. Im 6'1 @ 210lbs and want to lost a little fat while increasing stength. Ive been working out almost a full year now. I started at 6'1 @ 170 lbs.

So any tips on my diet would be great. Its good to be hear!

getfit
10-27-2005, 01:34 PM
might want to add some vegies to your diet

Cancer
10-27-2005, 01:36 PM
What for?

HILL
10-27-2005, 01:45 PM
lol, because they are a very important part of your diet for vitamins/minerals etc as well as low calorie and filling. This is commen sense. Surely as a child you were told to eat your veggies.

getfit
10-27-2005, 01:46 PM
well vegetables provide, vitamins, minerals ,fiber that's not important to you?

getfit
10-27-2005, 01:47 PM
lol, because they are a very important part of your diet for vitamins/minerals etc as well as low calorie and filling. This is commen sense. Surely as a child you were told to eat your veggies.
beat me to it, well said HILL

squat it all!
10-27-2005, 01:47 PM
What for?

also to prevent your name's sake, know what i mean?

HILL
10-27-2005, 01:56 PM
Lol getfit only just

Cancer
10-27-2005, 02:00 PM
OK if you could only eat one veggie what would it be and how many times a day would you eat it?

getfit
10-27-2005, 02:06 PM
well i eat my veggies twice a day with my meal, either a mixed green salad or broccoli/green beans/spinach

ReelBigFish
10-27-2005, 02:09 PM
Can anyone comment or critique my shopping list? These are pretty much all the foods I live on...

Protein: Chicken Breast
Eggs
Skim Milk
Packaged Turkey/Ham ( get reg. chicken, turkey and ham. Packaged meat is crap. It has a lot of fillers and other preservative crap)
ON Whey Protein

Carbs: 12 Grain Bread
Quaker Oats
Whole Wheat Pasta
Wheaties/Mini Wheats ( Wheaties are okay I guess but the mini would be better as long as they aren't the frosted kind)
Nutri Grain Bars( lose these, full of sugar and other simple carbs)
Brown Rice

Sugars: Bananas
OJ
Jelly/Jam ( go for the low sugar stuff. Smuckers make some good ones)
Fats:
Peanutbutter ( as long as it's natural)
Olive Oil
Planters Unsalted Peanuts
Fish Oil Supplements

Misc: Creatine
Multivitamin

I try to eat 700 calories every 3 hours in order to get 3,500 - 4,000 calories a day. Im 6'1 @ 210lbs and want to lost a little fat while increasing stength. Ive been working out almost a full year now. I started at 6'1 @ 170 lbs.

So any tips on my diet would be great. Its good to be hear!

my suggestions in bold.

Cancer
10-27-2005, 02:16 PM
my suggestions in bold.

Hey, thanks alot. Oh and have you heard that flour based products shouldnt be in a body builders diet?

malkore
10-27-2005, 02:16 PM
OK if you could only eat one veggie what would it be and how many times a day would you eat it?
I couldn't. I like my veggies, and they are too good for me to blow em off.

This week, i'm on a green bean bender. next week, I predict peas and carrots.

Of course a good baby spinach salad is always a welcomed site.

ReelBigFish
10-27-2005, 04:40 PM
Hey, thanks alot. Oh and have you heard that flour based products shouldnt be in a body builders diet?

I don't think they should be in anyones diet. they are just simple, processed carbs.

mrwalken
10-28-2005, 07:14 AM

broccoli, hands down.

Cancer
10-28-2005, 09:28 AM
I don't think they should be in anyones diet. they are just simple, processed carbs.

Why do all these "health" experts on TV shows like Regis and Kelly or The View say eat whole wheat bread because they dont have simple processed carbs like white bread?

ShockBoxer
10-28-2005, 09:41 AM
Hmm... I can't remember the last time I had veggies. Outside of a restaurant made chicken shepard's pie a few months ago...

Ah well. I can only properly digest peas, carrots, and green beans anyways.

dissipate
10-28-2005, 10:04 AM
my veggies:
lots of ones you can find in chinese restaurants.. kale, chai sim, bak choy, kangkong (sorry don't know their english names), spinach - they're all deep green in colour and packed with vitamins.
others include pek cai, beansprouts, broc, cauliflower, carrots, salads, long beans

Cancer
10-28-2005, 10:27 AM
I had spinach for the first time in my life last night and I was suprised to see how easy you can swallow that stuff.

It is a pain to cook though. Like 15 - 20 minutes of total prep time.

ReelBigFish
10-28-2005, 10:54 AM
Why do all these "health" experts on TV shows like Regis and Kelly or The View say eat whole wheat bread because they dont have simple processed carbs like white bread?

well if it's a true "Stone Ground Wheat" bread w/ out any added sugars or other crap then that's fine. But most wheat bread is just white bread, dyed brown. And some breat use whole wheat flour but still add in sugars. I'll find some examples for you in a bit.

Cancer
10-28-2005, 10:56 AM
well if it's a true "Stone Ground Wheat" bread w/ out any added sugars or other crap then that's fine. But most wheat bread is just white bread, dyed brown. And some breat use whole wheat flour but still add in sugars. I'll find some examples for you in a bit.

I thought when it says "Wheat" bread then its not necessarily healthy for you but when it says "100% Whole Wheat" the company has to make it with 51% or more with whole wheat products.

ReelBigFish
10-28-2005, 11:26 AM
I thought when it says "Wheat" bread then its not necessarily healthy for you but when it says "100% Whole Wheat" the company has to make it with 51% or more with whole wheat products.

here's an example that'll show you what I'm talking about. yeah it may be 51% or mean wheat products, but it still have other crappy stuff.
this is the ing. list for Wonder 100% Whole Wheat bread:

Whole wheat flour, water, wheat gluten, high fructose corn syrup, contains 2% or less of: soybean oil, salt, molasses, yeast, mono and diglycerides, ethoxylated mono and diglycerides, dough conditioners (sodium stearoyl lactylate, calcium iodate, calcium dioxide), datem, calcium sulfate, vinegar, yeast nutrient (ammonium sulfate), extracts of malted barley and corn, dicalcium phosphate, diammonium phosphate, calcium propionate (to retain freshness).

and all of the stuff ending in "ate" that stuff are chemicals, which to me, don't belong in something like bread.

here's what you should look for in bread
this is Ezekial 4:9 bread:
Organic sprouted wheat, organic sprouted barley, organic sprouted millet, organic sprouted lentils, organic sprouted soybeans, spring water, organic sprouted spelt, organic malted barley, yeast, celtic sea salt, vinegar, enzymes, ascorbic acid.

it doesn't have to be organic but the list of ing.'s should be simple and made of things you've heard of. a good wheat bread will have Stoneground Wheat Flour, water, salt. Shouldn't be too much more needed to make bread than that.

Cancer
10-28-2005, 11:31 AM
here's an example that'll show you what I'm talking about. yeah it may be 51% or mean wheat products, but it still have other crappy stuff.
this is the ing. list for Wonder 100% Whole Wheat bread:

Whole wheat flour, water, wheat gluten, high fructose corn syrup, contains 2% or less of: soybean oil, salt, molasses, yeast, mono and diglycerides, ethoxylated mono and diglycerides, dough conditioners (sodium stearoyl lactylate, calcium iodate, calcium dioxide), datem, calcium sulfate, vinegar, yeast nutrient (ammonium sulfate), extracts of malted barley and corn, dicalcium phosphate, diammonium phosphate, calcium propionate (to retain freshness).

and all of the stuff ending in "ate" that stuff are chemicals, which to me, don't belong in something like bread.

here's what you should look for in bread
this is Ezekial 4:9 bread:
Organic sprouted wheat, organic sprouted barley, organic sprouted millet, organic sprouted lentils, organic sprouted soybeans, spring water, organic sprouted spelt, organic malted barley, yeast, celtic sea salt, vinegar, enzymes, ascorbic acid.

it doesn't have to be organic but the list of ing.'s should be simple and made of things you've heard of. a good wheat bread will have Stoneground Wheat Flour, water, salt. Shouldn't be too much more needed to make bread than that.

Wow, thanks alot. Im actually going to look at the ingrediants next time I hit up Tops.

Fenixfan08
10-28-2005, 01:22 PM
lol those quick oats taste like Sh!T lol get the flavored kind. It may add a little more sugar but there is nothing wrong with a little sugar here and there.

New_Sport
10-29-2005, 10:58 AM
lol those quick oats taste like Sh!T lol get the flavored kind. It may add a little more sugar but there is nothing wrong with a little sugar here and there.

Actually it is a lot of sugar. It really adds up. I would recommend flavouring up the quick outs with some chocolate protein powder and maybe a banana anyday over the boxed stuff.

Unreal
10-29-2005, 01:13 PM
Add some splenda/cinnamon/fruit/whey yourself.